Pre-screener differences: warning spoilers ahead

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Optimus_Prowl, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    So as some of you may know i was the infamous poster a few months back who revealed to some of you over Private Messages what i had seen in the prescreening of Bumblebee back in March. I have finally gotten around to seeing the finished product and it blows the original cut out of water. While i enjoyed aspects of the prescreener cut, the finished version allowed for a much better flowing and cohesive narrative overall. Below in the spoiler box will be the differences i noticed and can remember from back in March that were in our cut. I feel comfortable sharing this info now that the film has released but please, if you havent seen it yet wait to read the spoilers. Some of this may end up as deleted scenes on a dvd or we may never see the footage again, either way i think its interesting for my fellow fans to know :) 

Transformers bumblebee changes

The Entire Opening was new and the earth sequence was reshot scene to have john cena and his crew in training excersize in a random forest rather than already hunting bumblebee in a forest bee is hiding in.

In the prescreener it opened with a shot of earth from space with a quick few lines of exposition from bee before we cut to the jeeps and humvees already chasing bee. We never see him crashland or have a cybertronian mode.

A majority of cena and powells dialogue has been reshot to remove sector 7s prior knowledge of transformers and cena being xenophobic towards them due to a person close to him being killed by one at some point has also been removed from the final version.

Cenas dialogue was also reshot in this to make him funnier when in the pre screener he was much more serious and cut throat. Some of these more intense lines still come through like when he and the general are listening to powell gush about the decepticons creating the internet. The first line about “powell being weird” is reshot but the rest is the original scene hence why he seems a bit more serious. This shift in his performance may be whats throwing some people off about him as there are are two distinct performances being twisted together.

The flashback with prime fighting the cons on cybertron when bee sees his hologram was newly added. It originally just played the message.

There was a whole sequence removed at charlies house after bumblebee accidentally over charges outlet and brings several household appliances to life while they are still plugged in. This causes Memo to call charlie to come home from work and help with the situation. She returns home and thentwo fight off all the appliances and electronics by cutting their power cords, hence why the mother asks later why charlie cut the power cord for the TV. Very slapsticky and over the top from what i remember. Almost gremlins-esque?

The final shot at the golden gate bridge with Bee turning into a camaro and following optimus on the golden gate was the same in both cuts

A scene that was cut from the end in final version was a sector 7 scene between Cena, Simmons, and the General talking about how the autobots must never know about NBE1 which is revealed to be a frozen G1 styled megatron, fusion cannon and all, that has the same aesthetic as the cybertonian bots from the new opening sequence.

Both post credits scenes were brand new in the final release, those being Bee and Prime walking along and watching more Autobots coming to earth and Charlie finishing her fathers car.

Everything else was essentially the same between both versions, just cut slightly faster in some places to keep the pacing steady.

Im happy so many fans are enjoying this one because its definitely one of my favorite movies of the year and one ill be watching again in theaters for sure. :) 

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 43
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    ... And people didn't believe me when I told them EXACTLY what was reshot to distance the movie from TF2007, on some kind of a thread here. Thank you, Optimus_Prowl. :) 

• Like Like x 37
  3. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    Someone get to photoshopping because I need to see this badly

4. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Keep it in spoiler tags if you can mate.
    But it was really cool looking.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Terrellatron

News Credits:
    Sorry but is there anything like artwork or statue that like resembles him spot on

6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Well-Known Member

If it's a G1 style Megatron that's frozen, would the idea be that the different look from Bayformers is the result of "different narrators", that Megatron got un-frozen, aquired his Bayformers look, and then got re-frozen, or that it's a different continuity yet also has Megatron frozen by Sector Seven in the Hoover Dam with the code-name, "N.B.E. 1"?

• Like Like x 3
  7. Terrellatron

News Credits:
    I believe since Hasbro demanded somewhat creative control they were kind of the ones who ushered Travis Knight to retool it into a soft reboot

• Like Like x 6
  8. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde born-again First Churcher

News Credits:
    I really hope we get concept art of that Megatron at the very least.

If you don't mind me asking OP, you can respond to me via PM if you'd rather. Was this Megatron fully rendered? Or was it just an unfinished / rough model?

• Like Like x 5
  9. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Heh, so they were doing a reboot out of it no matter what Lorenzo says. Cutting out as many hard references to the old movie franchise as they only could.

• Like Like x 10
  10. transf0

transf0 “Well Connected” The GOAT

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I agree. But it is strange the stuff that was added last-minute to connect with 07.

11. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Such as?

• Like Like x 3
  12. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was Cliffjumper in the original cut, or was that also added in?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Good memory!

How far along in the vfx pipeline was the
    'gremlin' appliances
    sequence? Storyboards/animatics/fully animated and rendered? How similar/different to the scene in ROTF?

14. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    So apparently there was going to be a G1 Megatron Cybertron scene Travis wanted to put on the film but apparently he was told about Megatron in Sector 07, then he put him in S7 with a G1 design but then he was removed from the film? The whole point of him not being in the film was him being in S7 but yet they removed the scene of him in S7? Hahah they can’t decide if this is a reboot.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Probably because like most have said, it was originally going to be a prequel so what Travis has been saying is exactly that, but looks like they tried to take out the harder prequel aspects in the final cut just in case they want to spin it as a reboot or they finally realized the current continuity isn't stable for longevity.

This gives the reboot theory a lot more credibility.

How? The changes presented here distances itself from 07 than anything.

• Like Like x 11
  16. mnabiyein

mnabiyein Decepticon Samurai

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    So the Megatron does not appear in film Bumblebee?

• Like Like x 2
  17. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Nope, not even a mention

• Like Like x 4
  18. mnabiyein

mnabiyein Decepticon Samurai

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    :( 

• Like Like x 1
  19. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    knight said in a recent interview that agent simmons was a last minute addition for the fans of the old films. While it could be the same character in this "new Universe" it was a last minute add that certainly connected it to the old ones, and is likely the biggest connection other than the camaro.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Not the last minute since he was already in the movie way before the reshoots.

• Like Like x 3