Powerglide Adventure VS Powerglide Combiner Wars

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by boomerdave, Feb 16, 2016.

1. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

Hi all!

Does anyone know if the TT version of Powerglide (Adventure) still has that big embossed circle on his chest for the Autobot symbol?

I have the Hasbro Combiner wars version and he just has the standard symbol but alot of the reading I've done indicates that the TT one has that melted in circle that just ruins the bot mode, even if you peel the sticker off.

Just asking if anyone knows for sure because when you look at the vendors selling them...like this for example:

Generations Legends Combiner Wars 2015 Series 01 - Powerglide - Transformers Combiner Wars Legends

vs

Transformers Adventure TAV-19 Powerglide - Transformers Transformers Adventure Transformers Adventure

It doesn't show it....and the paint for the windows isn't white like I've heard too. Did this get fixed? I just got the TT Cosmos and he's really good and looks fine without any nonsense like that.

I suspect that TT picture is a render vs the Hasbro one being a real picture of the product.

Anyhow...any help would be nice from someone who knows. Hate to buy it and be disappointed....even if it is only $15.

Edit: Meh...meant to post this in News and Rumors where most of this stuff is. Sorry.

2. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

Either way I like supporting the local retail versions rather than fall into Hastak marketing model.

It's gotten worse with CW/UW Devastator marketing bait.

And I swear if Titans R tops Hastak's previous marketing baits, I'm out. Any missing articulation or any missing accessory on North American releases just adds more salt to the injury.

3. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Please do not let yourself be fooled by these photos, they do not depict the TakaraTomy version. Those are Hasbro stock photos and depict a hand-painted prototype, so please do not use these as indication for anything.

The official TakaraTomy stock photos look like this (also found here), and the final toy can be seen here, here and here. There's even a side-by-side comparison with the Hasbro version in the first link.

4. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

Thanks Nevermore. That's exactly the information I was looking for. Funny they didn't do that on the TT Comos but again, that's what made me wonder and you just confirmed what I had read as well. :)  Glad I didn't get that version.