Power Rangers - Toys, Television, and More!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Kickback, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

I just watched the movie on a plane...pretty boring.

2. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What did you find boring about it?

3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Keep an eye on eBay. You'll find US sellers every now and then who sell it at a loss because it's just not moving, otherwise. I've seen entire mecha collections from Ninninger (even including the Marus) go for about $300.00, shipped. That sounds like a lot, but it really isn't. They're heavy, you're getting 4 Megazords and 4 auxiliary Zords. Pretty impressive, honestly.

I've seen Lion Ha-Oh go for about $150.00, shipped, actually.

4. Slave IV

Well, I fell asleep but part of that could be chalked up to shitty audio (airline earphones) and being extremely exhausted. Other than those things, the movie was like a dragged out episode so if you like that, I guess it was good. I'd rather it be a bunch of episodes worth of action packed into one long movie.

5. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I have all the rest of Ninninger mecha. Just need Lion-HaOh. Kicking myself I didn't score one when it was down around $100 shipped for a short bit but I thought it just might follow Hyper Reshha and dip under $100...and never did.

6. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    See, I prefered that they actually developed the rangers first. I was expecting it to be like a Bayformers film where it was all action, all explosions, no plot, no character development.

7. Slave IV

Normally I'd agree but I guess I just didn't care much for the characters, actors or something.

8. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Just thinking. It wouldn't make sense, but if the made a Metallic Green Ranger, do you think they could include the Power Blaster with him?

9. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Man, I never knew how popular Metallic Legacy Power Rangers with Weapons were. There were 3 auctions for all of them and I lost all of them. They went for a really heavy penny.

10. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

any news of when Shout Factory will release the complete series of Jungle Fury and RPM on dvd?

11. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Pthhhpt! Broke down and bought it anyway. *sigh* I'm a sucker for carrierzords...and this kind of fits that bill.

It's definitely a mixed bag. The detailing in the Fortress area is wicked cool...little streets, buildings, helipads, "football" training areas...imagining little people in there is kind of fun. But the figure itself is a massive shampoo bottle with smaller bottles attached for limbs. The lion leg on the back right hip likes to fall off in lion fortress mode...they're just attached by a plastic strip that doesn't lock very well.

You CAN kind of wedge Shurikenjin into the Ultra mode and he won't fall out. He does look a tad better than the Ninja Steel Megazord in there...but the connector is meant for the latter rather than the former.

In the end, I only paid $85 for it. I suppose it's worth about that. It's definitely not a $100 toy...although I would have gladly paid a little more for a better figure overall.

12. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    OK, so, after a long battle during my lunch break over layaway, I've finally walked away with a B&G Titanus that I ultimately only spent $112 after tax. It pays to complain sometimes.

13. Dao

Dao Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    IMG_20170910_090138.jpg

14. Kanji

Kanji Member

Wow! That looks super rare! I was a big fan of the original. Considered getting the SHF, but just too much else to buy!

15. Dao

Dao Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    IMG_20170910_175811.jpg

16. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Okay...BnG Titanus is about what I thought he was...a big, heavy chariot. For the price I paid, it's not bad but he certainly doesn't DO a whole lot other than sit there and be pretty. I do wish he'd been designed to house the components of Daizyuzin...something a bit more in line with the 80's Super Sentai carriers.

17. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
  18. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

Where did you find the weapon figures? Retail? Online? Mind saying what state?

I've seen little to nothing of these anywhere

19. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like others, I've spent quite a bit of time searching and buying the Power Rangers 6" Legacy Rangers and I like them quite a bit. That said, I wished that they included their signature weapons along with or without the BAF parts. Now that I have all seven of them, I just discovered that Bandai has decided to release these again in "metallic" versions AND include their signature weapons?!?!?! That's a DICK MOVE, Bandai!!! Sure, they look good, but it's pretty low-ball of a tactic to get people to buy THE SAME FIGURES AGAIN, only with a different finish just to get their weapons! I'm sure some here may not see this as a big deal, but it is to me because I try to buy smart. I try to get the best representations of a toy line. And stunts like these just rub me the wrong way. Sure, they can do this, and they did. But that still doesn't justify jacking the fan base around like this. If we buy the new sets with weapons, then what? Another reissue with non-translucent weapons? Or a "premium" paint job? So I don't need doubles of Rangers. And selling the older ones would be pointless as I would take bath in $$$ lost. Same goes for Goodwill. YMMV, but for me, that's ****ed up, Bandai.

20. Dao

Dao Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Ready for this.... Walgreens out of all places

• Like Like x 1