Power Rangers - Toys, Television, and More!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Kickback, Sep 17, 2006.

1. galvatron23

galvatron23 Well-Known Member

I Smell Cluster F@ck Gokaioh.

2. dragonlord2200

dragonlord2200 Dark Lord Of The Abyss

True, as much as im loving gokaiger right now 2nd favorite only to Shinkenger, i cant see saban doing a decent adapation of it....... but if they do a gokaiger adaptation, they could say that these are rangers from alternate timelines,

3. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

Or just from other locations. Remember the MMAR arc?

4. dragonlord2200

dragonlord2200 Dark Lord Of The Abyss

oh yeah thats true, completely forgot about that....... now if and when we knew what episode shinkengokaioh was coming that would be awesome

5. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

Yeah, the previously-unseen teams aren't really an issue. Tommy's a problem though, as is Kat, possibly Adam and Aisha too. And the Space Power Rangers. But especially Tommy, what with him having been the Green Mighty Morphin' Ranger, the White Mighty Morphin' ranger, the Red Zeo Ranger, and the Black Dino Ranger. Oy. His being in Turbo's not a problem, because he had a successor, but the others... Yikes. It's the White Ranger that's particularly a problem.

6. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I am not sure what I should do so I'll ask for your opinion:

I ordered GokaiGun from AmiAmi at a reasonable price, but when the final invoice came in the shipping is way more than I expected so I decided to do a search on Ebay and found someone who's selling both the Gun and the Saber and who can combine shipping for me. Should I ignore AmiAmi's invoice by not paying? In my previous orders with AmiAmi there's a deadline date for payment but not for the most recent one. I am concerned that if I don't pay it AmiAmi will blacklist me or something. Please help.

7. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I don't know specifically about AmiAmi, but you could always just make the order and cancel it, couldn't you?

8. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I think I will email my cancellation notice to their customer service and see what happens. If they don't respond I'll just not gonna pay.

9. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Not really. Just say they were summoned from all over time and space.

10. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Do the Villains in the new Sentai series get to summon past baddies?

That would be a neat idea for the Americanized show, have the heroes and villains both be able to summon past rangers and monsters.

For the American show, I wouldn't be surprised if Lord Zedd was the one orchestrating the return of monsters from behind the scenes, and his involvement is only revealed in the last 10 episodes. They seem to love using him these days. Plus, as far as monsters go, he always looked menacingly badass.

11. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

How can they be using Zedd?

12. netkid

News Credits:
    In the Americanization of Power Rangers they brought him back for the Super Legends Video Game. The storyline of that game could very well be a great way to explain an Americanized Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger in terms of summoning past rangers. Lemme explain,

Story is, Lord Zedd was a human/humanoid who tried to steal the Zeo Crystals hundreds of years ago in a hidden tomb on a moon from the M51 galaxy which happens to be Master Vile's home planet. Unfortunately for him, there was a force field around the crystal that would tear the flesh off any creature that touched it with evil intentions or was not pure of heart. Nasty.

After the "Zordon Cleanse" that happened in Power Rangers In Space, Zedd was turned back into a human archeologist. I guess that's why he wanted to steal the crystal. He's like Indiana Jones before he finds the Temple of Doom.

So, come the death of Zordon, Zedd is turned back into his human form. His story is done.

The Zedd that "comes back" is at first thought to be from the past when he was still a muscle monster. Not quite so. He traveled into the future to steal time crystals in hope of using them to alter or destroy the histories of all the past ranger teams from Operation overdrive to MMPR (basically kill them before they become rangers).

Turns out that this Lord Zedd IS the post-Zordon Zedd who got turned back into a human. Apparently he found some time crystals while digging for artifacts again. The sheer power of these crystals reignited his inner demons and his re-emerging greed. His uncontrollable lust for power caused Zedd to transform once again into the chrome-clad muscle beast we mostly know him as.

With the time crystals in his possession, Zedd has a God damn field day with the Ranger's time line. Along his quest he encounters the future Omega Ranger (HE'S NOT THIS GUY:

http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Lord_Zedd

http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Rangers:_Super_Legends

So basically, they could have a Gokaiger type show with the new Ranger team summoning past rangers out of time.
    If they incorporate time travel into the show, they could explain it as having a past ranger "time-swap" places with a new pirate ranger, with the pirate ranger taking the place of the past ranger in their time and the past ranger taking the place of the new pirate ranger in their current time. That way, having someone suddenly turn into the White Ranger wouldn't be so weird. They're only switching places in time temporarily.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  13. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

They still can't use Zedd. Games don't count.

14. netkid

News Credits:
    Aww shucks. It was just an idea. And I'm talking the American adaptation here. Not Sentai.

15. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

Time travel still doesn't account for quite everything, unless they want multiple instances of Tommy running around. Or do they not have multiple teams running around at the same time in Gokaiger?

The reason I said the White Mighty Morphin' Ranger is the most problematic is that the other Dairanger costumes were never used in PR. So explaining them would be awkward.

Do the other mecha return in their entirety in Gokaiger?

16. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    The mecha will show up in the 199 War movie, supposedly all the mecha suits will show up (I'm assuming just the first form?)

17. Dai-Guard

Dai-Guard Well-Known Member

It's easy for them to explain all the pre-PR Sentai teams: alien Power Ranger teams. It's not an unprecedented idea, after all. Heck, the teams on Earth got started by aliens!

18. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

Yes, I'm aware of that Dai-Guard. I mentioned it in the first place. But what that wouldn't explain is the Green and White Mighty Morphin' Rangers, the Red Zeo Ranger, and the black Dino Ranger running around at the same time. Nor would it explain the rangers in the red, green, blue, and yellow Dairanger suits (Dairanger being the series the Thunderzords and White Mighty Morphin' Ranger suit came from). Alien Power Rangers covers most of everything else, except for the Turbo/Space Ranger overlap. And the Dinozords and Thunderzords appearing on screen together.

19. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Like I already said. They can just say Akared traveled back through time to get all of the previous teams. It's not really a big deal.

Nah. The previous rangers sacrificed their powers to stop the invasion. Their powers turned into the keys. The Gokaigers use those keys and gain their powers. There's no need to use time travel for that.

20. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

It is a big deal. 1. There'd have to be four instances of Tommy, and two of Cassie, Carlos, Ashley, and TJ. 2. The MMPR White Ranger suit is from Dairanger, not Zyuranger. And since the big crisis teamup incorporates all Sentai teams, there would be five other rangers in suits from Dairanger (which therefore more closely match the White Ranger suit). 3. The Thunderzords have to transform from the Dinozords in the Power Rangers universe. So them appearing together is a problem. 4. The other teams who haven't appeared in PR being more alien Power Rangers is a better explanation for them than time travel.