Power Rangers - Toys, Television, and More!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Kickback, Sep 17, 2006.

1. JS_Prime

JS_Prime Active Lurker

News Credits:
    yep, I misread. Carry on:confused2 

• Like Like x 1
  2. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I forgot lost galaxy lol

Tbf though, that had a carrierz9rd that carried 2 megazords, so that's probably just as expens8ve honestly, no matter how much simpler it is lgtoy26.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What are the odds of us getting a ZAP Thunder Megazord eventually? That's probably my number one wish now that they've made Astro.

Would be amazing to have a modern Thunder with proper articulation!

4. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    If they do fix the problems with the ZAP line, I’d love to get the Mystic Force Titan Megazord/Magi King eventually.

5. PloverNutter

PloverNutter TFW2005: We're buying them but we don't like them.

News Credits:
    Not even the original toy had it to be in scale with the megazord toys since it was so big it fit 10 zords in it at once with room to spare. That one is probably an easy skip for ZAP. Hell all of Lost Galaxy could be a skip for ZAP until they run out of the really popular series as the zords were never that well universally liked.
    I would say the odds are pretty damn good if ZAP keeps selling well enough to continue. We know from a leak that the White Tigerzord is either next or at least in the pipeline so they are definitely planning on doing the Thunder Megazord.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ChrizGman

ChrizGman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 5
  7. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:

• Like Like x 5
  8. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    That honestly makes me wish they had done this as a feature length film. Hopefully they’ll be able to satisfactorily fit everything this special is going for in the allotted time.

9. Sixshot666666

Sixshot666666 Ninja Consultant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    90FD764B-942A-4897-8E28-69EF91C695FE.jpeg 40F1A6A3-4D01-4C96-918F-908584606D8A.jpeg Hey that’s the ZAP design! Maybe Hasbro made it accurate to the special design as a tie in?

• Like Like x 4
  10. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Hmm...this trailer presents a lot of questions I hope will get answered...

Spoiled for those who don't want to watch the trailer...

Apparently, the scenes people were thinking as flashbacks are actually set in the modern times and apparently the original Rangers all have their powers back...will this be addressed?
    I know in some of the older Power Ranger shows like Super Megaforce, Ninja Storm, and Beast Morphers show the Rangers with their powers back, but an actual explanation would be great.

Where does the robot Rita come from? She seems to resemble the Machine Empire robots...did they build a replica of her for some reason before they were all destroyed?
    Also, no robot Goldar, Scorpina, Finster, Babboo, and Squat to be with her at the Moon Palace? Aw...

How is the original Megazord back? O_O It was badly damaged and turned into the Thunder Megazord...which was then destroyed along with the Tigerzord at the end of season two of MMPR. I'm thinking either Billy/Alpha rebuilt them...or time travel shenanigans since that seems to be a thing in the plot.

Also, will be curious on how they address Jason, Kimberly, and Tommy. Like...you notice after the big fight where Trini apparently dies, Jason, Kimberly, and Tommy are no longer around...so I'm guessing maybe Robo Rita captures them since I read she's going around capturing past Rangers or something, or wiped from history.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Regarding the above:

In Operation Overdrive, the Sentinel Knight restored the powers of several rangers, including Adam. So it’s possible with a fixed power coin, Billy or Alpha could had been reverse engineering it to recreate the other coins.

In regards to the zords, the Megazord saw action in Beast Morphers. So if the design specs were still around, surely it could had been recreated over the decades.

• Like Like x 5
  12. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    The restored powers and zords may have already been explained by Dino Fury with the Green Morphin Master admitting to actively aiding ranger teams over the years, including bringing all the past teams together for the legendary battle.

Don’t think this needs to be in the spoilers, I just noticed that Rita’s monsters look like robot versions of Minotaur and Snizzard!

Was going to say I wished they brought Goldar back with the Goldar Maximus suit but robot Minotaur and Snizzard is freaking great.

Would be cool to see Goldar Maximus in Cosmic Fury though…

Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I'm ready!

Rumors say this special was a hint of Minotaur being one of the next Deluxe figures. But now, either I don't see it or I'm really looking forward to it.

14. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

Boom comic character. I know you're not a big fan of those.

Matthew Cook - Kimberly's BF before Tommy.

The red ranger of the 1950s team (only had one mission - to stop Psycho Green from freeing Rita) - Grace Sterling - was a scientist for NASA who had her powers stripped when she made the logical decision to use all of that advanced ranger tech for the betterment of mankind instead of just fighting magical aliens. She left the command center bitter - with Psycho Green's dagger in her possession. Reverse-engineering the dagger helped her to start a private tech company with military contracts/ties - called Promethea. She eventually develops weapons for soldier and simplified mecha that can tap into the morphing grid - ultimately putting her in contact with the rangers as a friend/foe depending on the story. Always bitter at Zordon for stripping her of her powers + the death of two of her teammates (psycho green was powerful and skilled, they were on their first day as rangers) and viewing Zordon's use of teenagers as reprehensible (though she winds up doing the same).

Tommy loses his powers, like in the show. Becomes the white ranger. Billy feels bad about how he wasnt able to save Tommy's powers when they were failing. Feeling he failed as a scientist and his team. Grace gives Billy an internship at Promethea and the two of them tap into the grid, use the remains of the green ranger tech, and mix in some of Pyscho Green's tech - as well - to restabilize and recreate the Green Powers. And given the way they did it - they even got to make adjustments/improvements to the design - which is why Matt's suit is more armored. His dragonzord looks the same, but has a few new attacks. Matt proves himself during an attack and becomes Promethea's Green Ranger. He never fully joins the Power Rangers, but is on their side more often than not, as Promethia's goals are the advancement of humanity. Billy is often split between the two sides. With him constantly improving on Matt's Green Ranger suit/weapons and being the "guy in the chair" for Matt on some of his missions.

Matt goes public with his identity too. Showing that it can be done. And there's some story beats about the positives and negatives of that. Some of the rangers being jealous of the fame and how he doesn't have to hide.

Though the most recent storyline has a powered up Rita (Mistress Vile) kidnapping him and turning him into an evil green ranger. Which is repetitive and stale. The only "interesting" bit is that him and Tommy arent big fans of each other - so Tommy can physically defeat an evil green ranger + beat up Kim's ex. Use violence as therapy (although they already had a few moments of having to set their grudges aside). Matt being kidnapped (and Tommy not caring as much as he probably should) pushes Kim to be extra aggressive as a ranger. Going straight to her zord to kill a monster that had just appeared in his small form (going against Zordon's rule about escalation). Tommy also has some jealousy issues over the powers. Having to deal with not being the "special" ranger anymore and Matt kinda-sorta taking his loner/ally shtick

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    True. None of those designs were really my favorite, though I did like the way the centaurs zord transformed

I would also like galaxy defenders megazord, but thats about it really.

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets skipped in favor of lightspeed rescue

16. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not sure how I feel about some of the creative choices for Once and Always
    -I think it’s a bit weird and kinda disrespectful to straight-up kill Trini off in battle as essentially the inciting incident. I think I would have preferred her die some time in the past few years naturally.
    -It sounds really weird to hear the word “kill” come out of Barbara Goodson’s mouth as Rita. Obviously this is skewed older but it almost feels like cheating.
    -Most of the continuity stuff I can just let go as far as who has what powers and zords, but I do hope we touch on the Mystic Mother thing for Rita
    But!
    -Seeing Daizyujin come back multiple times in Sentai at this point doesn’t dampen the giddiness I feel. And we’re gonna get a remade combination sequence! God how cool would it be if there was at least some practical model work involved.
    -Still think we’re gonna get Jason, Kim, and Tommy through ADR, though it may be all archival except for AJJ.
    -Time travel’s involved, which means we’re definitely getting Zordon, and that makes me more excited than almost anything else. Maybe he’s the reason they get a functional Megazord?
    -AlphaAlphaAlphaAlpha

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  17. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah. I'm hoping Robo Rita here is a copy of some kind.

• Like Like x 2
  18. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    20230321_153320.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  19. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Um... how? The Dinozords were turned into the THunderzords and the Thunderzords were destroyed.

• Like Like x 2
  20. kissmekillme

kissmekillme Banned

A wizard did it

• Like Like x 3