Power Rangers - Toys, Television, and More!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Kickback, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah... "jump through these hoops to get this" and then "hey guys, look what we're re-releasing without you having to jump through hoops". Really don't think that's going to happen but you do you BooBoo.

2. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Eh. Time will tell.

3. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    LMAO I hadn’t even seen that description until now and I had asked my friends yesterday if they were going to go for it. Now I know they wouldn’t. I’m waiting to see how the regular one looks and how far the knees can bend as the tyranno feet look like they hinder full range.

Awesome to know a collector Megazord is on the way(apparently Hasbro is planning not just the MMPR zords but an entire line of zords…we’ll see) and we also have the higher end option by Flame Toys on the way too. Hopefully they’ll all be worth the wait.

• Like Like x 3
  4. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    The Fwoosh did an interview with Kyle from S7 about wave two of their Power Rangers Ultimates.

Catherine Sutherland and Nakia Burise also did an interview with Kyle mostly focusing on the Pink Ranger. Less informative but still entertaining.

5. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

Sutherland comes across as a really nice person in interviews. Saw her and Johnny Bosch at a local comic con (Though I was more interested in hearing about Bosch’s anime VA work than his PR days. Code Geass being one of my favorite shows)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Bosch is weird because sometimes he seems really nice while at other times he seems a tad douchey. Like if you talk to him in panels or on the street of a con, he is a great guy. If you talk to him in the autograph line, he's not very friendly. The band members he would do shows with were all fantastic too. A shame they disbanded.

7. solarstorm

He was weird. My daughter and I were in line and he walked up behind us and struck up a short conversation. Didn’t realize it was him at first, because we were at the back of a winding line and I assumed he was I’m at the front/at the table. When we got to the table, less friendly. We saw both sides of that in the span of 20 minutes.

Had him sign my Zero helmet from Geass. Would have done my Ichigo Hollow mask and One of my Black Ranger figs, but it was like $40 a sig

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Having worked with him when he came to MetroCon here in Florida a couple of times (my wife and I were the heads talent "wranglers" if you will) part of that seems to be that he's less personable during autograph sessions because he's trying to get through them all. Like, these guys have insanely busy days... at the first con I was helping him Bosch had to be at a panel, do a signing and then find time to eat lunch before being at another panel and then tuning instruments and doing sound checks for the band's performance all while trying to fit in dinner.

Also, despite how it may sound and my fond memories of it, working a Con is far from fun or glamorous. Especially when you had to deal with some really pretentious individuals. The best celebs I ever dealt with was Yoshitaka Amano when we got him to come over from Japan. Very cool and humble guy. Had to go through a translator though to communicate with him but he was still probably really cool.

9. solarstorm

A lot of the volunteers for this years Anime NYC have made comments on The conventions FB about how their work assignments conflict with the panels they wanted to see…. Which sounds like a major downside to volunteering. You’d think they’d schedule assignments around who wanted to be at a panel or not.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oh I've got friends who run cons, so I know fully well the downsides to it, but there are also upsides too. I do press coverage at a lot of cons and usually my Saturdays are packed with interviews and stuff, so I miss out on many panels on that day.

In fact, at some point, I'd like to run my own Toku con.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Sixshot666666

Sixshot666666 Ninja Consultant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want the black and
    Gold megazord but I refused to buy an NFT, hope it’s not too hard to get

12. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    You mean Lokar/Dai Satan?

13. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I get that. I've had people complaining to my family that I don't stop and talk when I'm working. It's worse when you have other people depending on you to get things done quickly as possible (I call it the 'Drone zone') . I kind of envy people who can 'mult-task'.

Of course, when I do talk, I tend to get carried away. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  14. DX7879

DX7879 Captain of Strawhats

I have met Bosch a number of times over the years and he was always cool everytime I met him although he always seems tired lol. Maybe I'm lucky but I never felt rushed either while in line but I also don't try to stand around and talk forever because I want to be courteous to other people waiting to meet him.

It's been maybe 3-4 years since I met him but I remember that outside of his autograph session at a con I went to he also had an individual table in the vendor's hall and was doing one free autograph and $10 for any additional. Thought that was cool of him since he could definitely have charged more!

The only Power Rangers actor I met so far that was just sort of meh was Austin St. John. It wasn't like he was rude or anything but didn't say much and just signed and done. I have 2 other friends who met him at different conventions and had the same experience too.

Going to meet Karen Ashley for first time in about 2 and a half weeks so can't wait for that!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Found In Space Silver Ranger yesterday at GameStop. That was an exclusive right? Oh well, one down, so many more to still track down. Stupid exclusives not all hitting Canadian Retailers. Never did find the Alpha-5/Zordon set at any local Wal-Marts.

16. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    All this current discussion is doing for me is reiterating the old bit about not meeting your heroes...
    They're human, too. Good days, bad days, kind of unfun to be on eggshells wondering which one you're going to get.

Meh.

(Although, I met Aaron Archer and spoke to him for well over a half-hour and the dude was a complete gentleman and it was very eye-opening.)

Oh, I know a lot of people bought that with the express intention of flipping that thing. I think you'll have no problem obtaining one, it's just a question or whether or not you're willing to pay the price. If you're talking MSRP, then yes, it's going to be very hard to get. It's limited to however many NFTs they sold. I get the feeling that the molds are made and production's ready to go, they're just waiting to see how many NFTs were purchased before they make that black and gold run. I'd imagine the original show colors Megazord will be mass retail levels.

• Like Like x 1
  17. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    1079 were sold, IIRC. That's incredibly limited. Good for scalpers. Bad for Hasbro - I'm sure they were hoping to move more than that. I honestly think they would have doubled their sales if they had ditched the stupid NFT thing.

18. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    The Tengas are $18 on Amazon now. Tempted to buy a couple, but not sure if I'd rather them or the Z Putties for my display.

19. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hasbro hasn't announced him yet. Gamestop in Canada I take it?

20. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Same thing happened with DT White last year so that's not surprising. Hopefully he goes up on their website.