Power Rangers - Toys, Television, and More!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Kickback, Sep 17, 2006.

1. AgentOrange

AgentOrange Banned

It's 3 years. The single episode of 2k3 released in 2010 is a nonentity and even if it wasn't it's just a compilation of shorts from 2009. Where there were only 2 episodes.

And no one is arguing that PR is anywhere near the popularity of where it was during MMPR? But the statement "TMNT literally is a license to print cash more so than any toy franchise I know, literally they stayed winning" is ridiculous unless you don't actually know any franchises and even more so if you actually remember that toys are more than action figures. As is the idea that Neca or Super 7 could make TMNT perform comparably to a Hasbro or Mattel brand when there is a gigantic difference in scale between companies. Neca has 40 employees. Hasbro has 5600. Neca and Super 7 are a pimple on the ass of big box toy companies.

2. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Does anyone have any hopes for tomorrow or do you think they'll recap on everything this week and that's it?

3. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Recap everything. If they show off anything else it will just be the Ecliptor/Astronema two pack.

4. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I hope for at least 2 or 3 more new reveals.

5. Icebot

Icebot Well-Known Member

That tracks I suppose. I'm sure it's fine in the story. I would just prefer sleeves and gloves. Still looks cool.

• Like Like x 1
  6. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    And yet this 5600 employed company jumped on the bandwagon go figure o_O :rolleyes:  oh wait Mattel did as well with the WWE crossover imagine that, my point is TMNT does print money for anyone that uses it properly am I saying it's #1 no, I think that's still Star Wars or Transformers, maybe Marvel is a solid 2 or 3 in that pic but TMNT is right behind that and it's leagues ahead of PR despite the breaks while PR has been on nonstop year after year but we can blame the toy companies on the PR issues since non seem to quite get it right at this point

7. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Hmm... :lol  ...they just admitted that they aren't showing off any new product today...

• Like Like x 4
  9. Fenrys

News Credits:
    confirmed no new reveals today but new reveals throughout the month

• Like Like x 2
  10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    He at least said that they will continue to have reveals throughout the rest of the month. So there's that.

• Like Like x 2
  11. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I wonder how many people logged off when he said “we won’t be showing any new products today.”? Lol I know I certainly did

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Oh well. I guess there is always next week or so. Hope that it will be like this week, reveals each day except weekends.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    So since they did the TMNT crossover stuff anyone think we might get a shot at the Street Fighter crossover designs?

• Like Like x 5
  14. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol Loretta letting it known they're quite aware of people not liking how "[their] monsters are giant" and to not worry about Shredder. In a "yes he's bigger but still human; here he is next to Tommy it's all fine, don't worry about his size" moment.

Love hearing behind the scenes stuff like this. Surely most people were disappointed by the lack of reveals, but listening to interviews like this I still find enjoyable.

• Like Like x 6
  15. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, I thought that acknowledgement about the complaints about the monsters of the weeks size was funny. :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  16. Fenrys

News Credits:
    that's the impression I got from what they said in the live stream, each week is going to be themed

• Like Like x 3
  17. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, they still have a couple of "capsules" for some of the retailers that they haven't announced yet.

• Like Like x 3
  18. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I think I've finally figured out my wetdream Power Rangers line.

Call it Power Rangers: Guardians of the Grid. Support it with a new cartoon series and comic.

The Zords would all be sold individually in larger scale. Each one comes with one or two 1.5 inch rangers tied to the series the Zord is from.

Use Air Raiders style packaging.

[​IMG]

The design choices would reach all the way back to Sun Vulcan but the components would lead to a buildable 14" poseable Megazord.

Furthermore, Rangers could be bought in packs. Team packs would include either a villain or an "extra hero".
    [​IMG]

12" Villains would be released at the $40 price point. There would be 4 per year. Basically think Inhumanoids for these.
    [​IMG]

Make everything look semi-retro but also modern. Take some liberties with the designs but maintain the styling where possible - similar to the Exo Squad Robotech line.
    [​IMG]

While it may seem like it's taking a cue from Playmates Voltron, I think Hasbro could execute the retail much better and play up the variety from the past 45 years that they have access to.

This is my dream, Hasbro. PLEEEEASEEEE????
    [​IMG]

19. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Something like this week will be ninja turtles, one week will be in space, the one week monsters.

• Like Like x 2
  20. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I read that and didn't even bother to load the stream. I can't even with them when they do stupid stuff like this. If I wanted to hear them talk, I'd be part of the conversation. If I want to watch them talk about products, I want to see the products they're selling me. It's not that difficult and it's gotten really stupid with these livestreams of theirs. They're not even trying sometimes.

• Like Like x 1