Power Rangers - Toys, Television, and More!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Kickback, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    of fucking course. God forbid we go five minutes without Tommy...

2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never thought I'd see the day when there would be Power Ranger Ninja Turtles. It's here, it's weird, and it'll sell.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When I mentioned fence sitters I was more meaning people already collecting specific teams but not interested in much else from the line. Might have been the wrong thing to call them but it's all I could think of. Wasn't referring to people that weren't already buying figures.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Decker

Decker Well-Known Member

Amazon canceled my two tenga warriors, said they didn't have enough stock to fulfill my order and to try other sellers if I still want it. I pre-ordered from them when the listing first went up too. I guess they are really popular or maybe they under estimated how much they should've ordered?

5. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Don't take my words of "crap" litterally though.

And that's cool that you want these, but (and this is nothing against you personally) Hasbro should be catering the line to the people who have been supporting it since Day 1 rather than trying to get a band wagon going with variants those who don't care about the comic books.

I guess the real problem I have with this line-up is they said they would revealing the 100th figure this month, with the notion that it meant only 9 figures would be revealed. That now means 6 of the 9 figures are just TMNT stuff and we already know two of them is the Ecliptor/Astronema 2 pack. Therefore, there's only one figure left to be shown off this month, the 100th figure, which is now going to be nothing more than an utter disappointment because they won't be finishing off any main teams. I wanted them to at least complete Lost Galaxy since there's still 3 members to go and give us a few more Timerangers, not to mention the likes of Rito, Captain Mutiny, Baboo, Squatt, and some more monsters that aren't from Zyu/Zyu2 footage.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't take any offense, and do understand where you're coming from, but you are also contributing to your own disappointment. They said they'd be revealing the 100th figure this month. Nothing about that says they would be stopping there (granted, I didn't see this announcement so I could be mistaken), it's an assumption you are creating. They've also done several releases from the BOOM! comics as well, including both Drakon figures, Psycho Green and the Ranger Slayer, and kind of the cell shaded MMPR Pink, so them doing the TMNT crossover isn't like they're doing comic stuff out of nowhere. I do agree that they should complete teams in a timely manner, but also get why they aren't rushing to complete all of the teams they've started.

Just hope they don't screw you over by releasing those incomplete teams as complete box sets, thus invalidating your earlier purchases

• Like Like x 5
  8. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Guess I’m happy to say none of these turtle sets appeal to me now that I’ve seen them. Money saved

9. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    THe way the post was worded on Twitter back in June (or was it early July?) implied that it would just be figures 92-100 revealed.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well then 7 of those are TMNT, not 6 (Shredder is still yet to be revealed), so if they're stopping at 100 figures then the Astronema/Ecliptor 2 pack is off the table as a reveal this month.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    -_- They've got all 6, why would they need Shredder?

Anyway, one more thing I didn't say is that you are right in that I am contributing to my own disappointment, but right now, life has been utterly dreadful and the figures I collect have been one of the few bright spots of this entire year. As such, the Lightning Collection, Classified, and Marvel Legends are really the only things I have that is keeping me going right now (well the Yakuza game series was too, but I'm pretty much done with those), and not seeing there be anything I want to invest in is getting as depressing as the rest of life is right now.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Shredder gets the Green Ranger powers in the mini series.

And I definitely understand, the past year has been hell, and honestly I'd probably be pretty annoyed if Transformers didn't have anything I was interested in getting. At the same time, expanding the line in new directions can also bring in more fans. I get that you don't like the TMNT crossover figures, maybe the next reveals after these will help you complete some of those teams though (preferably not as complete team 5 packs, yes, I'm still salty over the way the Psychos were handled and sincerely hope no other teams end up like that :lol )

• Like Like x 3
  13. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Welp I ordered 2 of the Raph set. It’s far less important that it’s Tommy than it is a really nice non-Neca Foot Soldier.

14. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

All I know is I can have MMPR standing next to TMNTPR taking on Lord Darkkon and the Psychos in a nifty shelf space. I could care less why Hasbro is making these instead of finishing off Beast Morphers or anything else like that. This is popular now, you don't wait until years later to get it out the door.

There's also an awesome notion here that the TMNT as PR could legit be another team to join the massive army of teams in Lightning Collection. Seriously, these are going to be great once they hit. Kudos Hasbro. Pity Karai isn't with Shredder though, it'd be nice to see the rest of the characters.

• Like Like x 3
  15. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had a feeling it was going to be a Foot Soldier. I really didn't want it to be an army builder, but since it can also be Tommy, its not that bad. Just gonna suck for anyone looking to army build unless the set sees a huge discount at Gamestop like with their past 2 packs. Gonna be alot of cheap Raphs on eBay. I do wish it was either Splinter or Metalhead tho.
    If Hasbro isn't going deeper into this crossover, then I'd probably just ditch Tommy and try to get an extra Foot Soldier so I can display 2 with Shredder.

16. Sixshot666666

Sixshot666666 Ninja Consultant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How do we know it won’t be shredder in a 2 pack with an foot soldier

17. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    The leaked listing from forever ago for these had three two-packs and a solo Fan Channel listing for Shredder.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Actually, I would be down for full team 5 packs. In fact, I wouldn't mind if they did all of Time Force as a 5 pack because the red ranger they did has such a sloppy paint job. Hell, I wouldn't even care if they did a Lost Galaxy 5 pack despite it would end up being my third version of LG Red too. If I can get the main team in one go, I'm all for it. I just wish if they do five packs they put more effort into the accessories and give the rangers ALL of their gear. So for LG, it would be the short sword, extended sword, cannons, daggers in standard form, daggers in ranger specific form, and hands for that ranger's specific main pose. Time would be Vector Swords, gun, time badges, the BFGs, and ranger specific hands.

• Like Like x 3
  19. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

If you want to display a Spiderman to reflect him in the Super Sentai history, the MCU mold is the way to go.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Convotron

Convotron Well-Known Member

4a320ca1-ba80-412b-8c79-8de179b7ef4d.jpg

I'm not sure if it'll scale appropriately but it's the legit Toei design.

• Like Like x 3