Power Rangers - Toys, Television, and More!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Kickback, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    They can start new teams without completing previously started teams though, completing teams isn't a pre-requisite for starting new ones

• Like Like x 3
  2. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yes, but my point is they're doing spin-off crap instead of focusing on the real teams.

On the positive side, they have no excuse to not do Sentai only costumes given they were willing to scrape at the bottom of the barrel and do TMNT versions.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fenrys

News Credits:
    The TMNT crossover is a popular miniseries from the comic, not really scraping bottom of the barrel, and again, not completing teams quickly will keep fence riders engaged and paying attention. In doing so they may see other stuff they do like beyond the specific teams they absolutely want. Take me for example. I bowed out of lightning collection because of the bs they pulled with the Psychos (releasing 1 as a store exclusive, 1 in a 2 pack and then releasing all 5 in a 5 pack, making people rebuy red and blue). They were one of three teams I wanted (MMPR, Coinless, Psychos). Thanks to this "crap" as you put it, I'm interested in the line again, at least in a limited capacity.

• Like Like x 3
  4. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    F2968_DIO_PRG_ZA_CANTERBURY_COURSER_194217_Online_2000SQ_2000x.jpg F2968_DIO_PRG_ZA_CANTERBURY_COURSER_194253_Online_2000SQ_2000x (1).jpg F2968_IN_PACK_2000x.jpg F2968_PROD_PRG_ZA_CANTERBURY_COURSER_195676_Online_2000SQ_2000x.jpg F2968_PROD_PRG_ZA_CANTERBURY_COURSER_195714_Online_2000SQ_2000x.jpg F2968_PROD_PRG_ZA_CANTERBURY_COURSER_195720_Online_2000SQ_2000x.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  5. Fenrys

News Credits:
    If anyone wants Raph and not Tommy let me know, would love a few foot soldiers

6. fujishig

fujishig Well-Known Member

I tend to think that releasing all the rangers from a series in a few waves is actually beneficial, because if you wait too long, the older figures become harder to get and fence sitters will just sit out completely. The only way it makes sense to string them out is if you're planning a box set which will just screw over early adopters.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    of fucking course. God forbid we go five minutes without Tommy...

8. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I never thought I'd see the day when there would be Power Ranger Ninja Turtles. It's here, it's weird, and it'll sell.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Fenrys

News Credits:
    When I mentioned fence sitters I was more meaning people already collecting specific teams but not interested in much else from the line. Might have been the wrong thing to call them but it's all I could think of. Wasn't referring to people that weren't already buying figures.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Decker

Decker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Amazon canceled my two tenga warriors, said they didn't have enough stock to fulfill my order and to try other sellers if I still want it. I pre-ordered from them when the listing first went up too. I guess they are really popular or maybe they under estimated how much they should've ordered?

11. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Don't take my words of "crap" litterally though.

And that's cool that you want these, but (and this is nothing against you personally) Hasbro should be catering the line to the people who have been supporting it since Day 1 rather than trying to get a band wagon going with variants those who don't care about the comic books.

I guess the real problem I have with this line-up is they said they would revealing the 100th figure this month, with the notion that it meant only 9 figures would be revealed. That now means 6 of the 9 figures are just TMNT stuff and we already know two of them is the Ecliptor/Astronema 2 pack. Therefore, there's only one figure left to be shown off this month, the 100th figure, which is now going to be nothing more than an utter disappointment because they won't be finishing off any main teams. I wanted them to at least complete Lost Galaxy since there's still 3 members to go and give us a few more Timerangers, not to mention the likes of Rito, Captain Mutiny, Baboo, Squatt, and some more monsters that aren't from Zyu/Zyu2 footage.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fenrys

News Credits:
    I don't take any offense, and do understand where you're coming from, but you are also contributing to your own disappointment. They said they'd be revealing the 100th figure this month. Nothing about that says they would be stopping there (granted, I didn't see this announcement so I could be mistaken), it's an assumption you are creating. They've also done several releases from the BOOM! comics as well, including both Drakon figures, Psycho Green and the Ranger Slayer, and kind of the cell shaded MMPR Pink, so them doing the TMNT crossover isn't like they're doing comic stuff out of nowhere. I do agree that they should complete teams in a timely manner, but also get why they aren't rushing to complete all of the teams they've started.

Just hope they don't screw you over by releasing those incomplete teams as complete box sets, thus invalidating your earlier purchases

• Like Like x 5
  14. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Guess I’m happy to say none of these turtle sets appeal to me now that I’ve seen them. Money saved

15. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    THe way the post was worded on Twitter back in June (or was it early July?) implied that it would just be figures 92-100 revealed.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Well then 7 of those are TMNT, not 6 (Shredder is still yet to be revealed), so if they're stopping at 100 figures then the Astronema/Ecliptor 2 pack is off the table as a reveal this month.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    -_- They've got all 6, why would they need Shredder?

Anyway, one more thing I didn't say is that you are right in that I am contributing to my own disappointment, but right now, life has been utterly dreadful and the figures I collect have been one of the few bright spots of this entire year. As such, the Lightning Collection, Classified, and Marvel Legends are really the only things I have that is keeping me going right now (well the Yakuza game series was too, but I'm pretty much done with those), and not seeing there be anything I want to invest in is getting as depressing as the rest of life is right now.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Shredder gets the Green Ranger powers in the mini series.

And I definitely understand, the past year has been hell, and honestly I'd probably be pretty annoyed if Transformers didn't have anything I was interested in getting. At the same time, expanding the line in new directions can also bring in more fans. I get that you don't like the TMNT crossover figures, maybe the next reveals after these will help you complete some of those teams though (preferably not as complete team 5 packs, yes, I'm still salty over the way the Psychos were handled and sincerely hope no other teams end up like that :lol )

• Like Like x 3
  19. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Welp I ordered 2 of the Raph set. It’s far less important that it’s Tommy than it is a really nice non-Neca Foot Soldier.

20. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

All I know is I can have MMPR standing next to TMNTPR taking on Lord Darkkon and the Psychos in a nifty shelf space. I could care less why Hasbro is making these instead of finishing off Beast Morphers or anything else like that. This is popular now, you don't wait until years later to get it out the door.

There's also an awesome notion here that the TMNT as PR could legit be another team to join the massive army of teams in Lightning Collection. Seriously, these are going to be great once they hit. Kudos Hasbro. Pity Karai isn't with Shredder though, it'd be nice to see the rest of the characters.

• Like Like x 3