Power Rangers - Toys, Television, and More!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Kickback, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The diamonds are there on the suit, but it is what it is. The odd thing is he still has the white butterfly joints, so perhaps the image shown is just an unfinished mockup.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    It may be to reduce paint rub, whether the Dragon Shield is painted underneath, or even if it wasn’t since it might make contact when the figure is hunched forward. I could be wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Was looking at the schedule tomorrow. The Hasbro Panel lasts for 45 minutes. So I hope there lots to reveal than just wave 7 in 45 minutes.

4. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Friend shared this with me today. Not sure where the pic came from, but looks like someone has Green in their hands already:
    71364.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    That would be cool... though as we've seen today they can pad those panels out with some other things besides reveals.

6. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    This looks awesome

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tyrannozord27

Tyrannozord27 Well-Known Member

I can't believe people are paying double for these on ebay :eek: 

They're gonna come out sooner than later guys

• Like Like x 3
  8. There D Hood

There D Hood Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I have never seen anyone complain about the diamonds on the Fighting Spirit Green. Though it seems plenty of people here don't see the criticisms I have seen either...

What exactly were they complaining about? The Fighting Spirit suit in that episode very clearly has the diamonds so if they're complaining that they're there, they're flat out wrong.

And for the record, every time he's gone shield-less, he has the diamonds be it Sentai footage or original footage for Power Rangers. Just one example:

[​IMG]

I'll be that guy and say that if this release doesn't have the diamonds (and we have good reason to believe this) it's another example of Hasbro not caring. They simply needed to reuse the Fighting Spirit torso and they couldn't even do that. Same with MMPR Black. Just use the exact same belt as the Dragon Shield release. So now if you want the figure the way it's supposed to be you have spend your own money and/or time to paint them or buy two different releases to cobble together the figure it's supposed to be minus the near inevitable QC issues. When it comes to Hasbro properties, Power Rangers literally is the easiest one to manufacture when it comes to heroes. Most teams are just color swaps on the same body/mold that can be reused and yet their choices on where to apply or not apply paint is just baffling among other things.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Damn...Dragon Shield looks unpainted there. Ah well. Hope it has been retooled to sit lower.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You don't need to give me examples, I'm pretty sure I know Zyuranger better than anyone around here.

However...

...I don't agree with this. If they didn't care they wouldn't have bothered to offer a replacement program for the White Dino Thunder's helmet. They would have just left it as is. My guess is it's another screw up, which sadly, is par for the course in a covid world.

• Like Like x 2
  11. There D Hood

There D Hood Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    The example wasn't for you. Just for anyone who may not have known.

Also, I'll ask again about the diamond complaints on Fighting Spirit Green.

I will give Hasbro points for the DT White helmet replacement. It's the one time that shows they're listening to fans or at least admitting to one screwup among plenty of others. Though they likely only offered replacements because the back of the box has the black outline painted while the flaws from other figures are as advertised.

I severely disagree that it's Covid's fault... Poor QC and inaccuracies have plagued this line since the beginning. Covid didn't make Time Force Red's arrow line too thin. Covid didn't make Omega Ranger's V on the front extra thick leaving no paint for his back. Did Covid leave out Rocky's tonfas but give Zeo Red his sword? And DT White, just how do you miss that before it goes into production? I'm stealing this hypothetical from elsewhere but imagine if they did not paint the black webbing on a Marvel Legends Spider-Man head.

A lot of these issues require one look from anyone with functioning eyes to notice before greenlighting production for the physical figure. This is not good work and to blame Covid for it is just an excuse. That means any time they screw up, it's Covid's fault for incorrect blueprints and prototypes?

Does Star Wars Black Series, Ghostbusters Plasma Series, or Marvel Legends suffer from any "Covid-related" QC issues or inaccuracies in your opinion?

We'll see how they present Power Rangers tomorrow because their last video... yikes. So uninspired and lacking in energy/care. And for Hasbro to call this a premium line is laughable.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Shinobi Rendar

Shinobi Rendar Artobot

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Wave 7 MMPR Green Ranger Review

• Like Like x 1
  13. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

Dino thunder red doesn't have his weapon either, in those preview pics. He has the blue gun and sword that the whole team had, but not his specific weapon

14. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I got my shipping notice from Pulse for Lord Drakkon, but still nothing on MMPR Black.

15. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    While I get what you are saying, it took Marvel and Star Wars several years before it became the near masterepieces it is today. Power Rangers is still a baby line. I can't speak on Ghostbusters because I have no interest in that line at all. Never even held a single figure in my hand. In fact, the only collectors that seem interested in those figures is dust.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  16. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    For Lightning Collection I think there’s been a lack of direction this year due to change in management either earlier this year or late last year. Hopefully things will improve.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    So the panel is in an hour and a half. I hope they reveal that Monster line.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    That would be cool, but I'm not holding my breath for that one. They haven't been showing too much of anything that's for early next year outside of Kingdom. They didn't even show the whole of GI Joe Classified's third wave.

• Like Like x 1
  19. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    remember, Tommy is in the wave...and there's not just one color of Tommy either if rumors are true

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thunderstudent

Thunderstudent Raiden's Pupil

YouTube (Legacy):
    Bandai, mmpr figuarts, rerelease please.
    Hasbro, more villains please.

• Like Like x 1