Power Rangers - Toys, Television, and More!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Kickback, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

This is what I'm thinking. I considered buying the SOC set of all three but prices turned me away...even at MSRP if they were to reissue, I can't do it yet. I'd definitely be willing to pay more for a better one but the enjoyment my kids can get now at around $50 seems like it may be worth it. I don't even know where to buy it though. My recent trips to Walmart and Target isn't inspiring me to go back maybe "ever" again because they had jack shit. I did get some jack cheese though.

2. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    In what magical place do you live that your stores always seem to have the newest everything?

• Like Like x 2
  3. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1

News Credits:
    honestly, the Rangers section here looks nothing like that pic

4. Megasonictron

Megasonictron Well-Known Member

Apparently we might be getting another goldar

5. Dao

Dao Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    So for size comparison IMG_20200811_122345.jpg for the price, Im satisfied with it, it's size is decent,

6. grayfox

grayfox Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This is the exact shade of gold I would have liked to see on Zeo Gold. Excellent work, sir!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Sixshot666666

Sixshot666666 Ninja Consultant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What gold did you use? Came out great

• Like Like x 1
  8. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1

News Credits:
    Really? Why?

9. Thunderstudent

Thunderstudent Raiden's Pupil

YouTube:
    I wasn’t expecting that {although it would have been a nice little hidden bonus}, but I expect it is for them to make a better figure! Take that original design, even if you need to modify it slightly to avoid legal issues and make it better! IF I had a kid, I would go out of my way to get my kid a 93 or 2010 Megazord because they deserve better than this crap! What I want is for them to do better, I know the financial landscape is different I know things are different than they were nearly 30 years ago or even 10 years ago, and I don’t want to pull a “think of the children“ kind of deal, but they do deserve better than what has been put out.

10. Sixshot666666

Sixshot666666 Ninja Consultant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry the cheap toy designed for young children is a simple toy for kids. Can you believe the gall Hasbro has to make a Megazord that’s not for collectors? Unthinkable

• Like Like x 3
  11. Tahukanuva

Tahukanuva Human After All

I see where you’re coming from, because it does seem that the new one should be better than the old one, but there are some factors to consider, like

1) even with just plain inflation, the ‘93 Megazord cost quite a bit more than this one does, not even taking into account how much toy production costs, specifically, have increased in the meantime.

2) The ‘93 one was designed by a team with, like, a decade of practice making Sentai mechs.

And 3) Maybe most importantly, the ‘93 Megazord was meant to be a centerpiece Birthday/Christmas gift, something a kid would wait all year for. This new is designed to be a reasonably cheap pick-up that a child can assemble over the course of a few family trips to the grocery store.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thunderstudent

YouTube:
    You’re missing the point! My point is even a toy designed for kids should be better! I would expect this kind of quality from a dollar store knock off, not from hasbro. I’m not saying that it should be a masterpiece or soc quality figure, I’m saying make it at least good, make it sturdy, make it so Timmy won’t break it 5 minutes later.

13. Thunderstudent

YouTube:
    1. True, but I just saw a complete 93 Megazord for $80 on eBay

2. Making robots that combine into a bigger robot is something hasbro should be good at without takara holding their hands. There was a very small and almost insignificant line of toys back in the 80s and 90s, you might not have heard of them they were called “the Transformers“ and they had these “combiners”, where robots would combine into a bigger robot. I wonder what happened to them?

Joking aside, this should be Hasbro’s bread and butter, it’s not like they haven’t had decades of designing or learning from Takara how to design these things.

3. A figure like this should be the centerpiece of a Christmas/Hanukkah/whatever else you might celebrate that involves the exchange of gifts or birthday. I remember getting my og Megazords as a kid, doing my best to be a good boy all year in spite of the other kids bullying me and getting me into trouble. This should have been a classic figure for children. One that they have fond memories of when they have kids of their own and we’re all dead or dying. Memories of a simpler time in their lives, because it is nostalgia + quality that keeps the customer coming back for years and decades to come. Because without quality, nostalgia can only get you so far. If you need any further proof of that just look at the current state of Star Trek and Star Wars.

I’m not speaking as a collector, I’m speaking as someone who used to be a child and is still young at heart.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  14. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

In case anyone is interested, here are my top 11 Super SEntai series:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    So I see people complaining about the megazords lack of quality. but let's give them some time to figure things out. If I remember, the group currently managing the group are still new to working on this. Warden may have just have joined in, but If I recall correctly, it was takara doing most of the work on the toys? The plastic quality on the other hand, based off what I've heard, is inexcusable. Besides, it's better they fail small, then to go big and our lightning collection zords be a failure at the jump. And I feel not enough credits being given. The arms bend, they can actually do a t pose, i mean, thats more articulation than you get from most zords. Theyre just experimenting, with this one and that larger zeo zord. I suspect that once they find that nice blend the quality will go up. Correction, I hope..
    So, anyone hear of a dragonzord to go with this zord as well as a titanus? I get this is meant to be small and cheap but it'd still be fun to get that.

16. Megasonictron

goldar comes back for beast Morphers in a new form so maybe that

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Just 3 more days till possible wave 6 preorder craziness.

Where did you hear that?

18. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    Definitely hope we get a figure of Goldar Maximus and Snide for that matter.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Megasonictron

Ranger board. Still trying to figure if it’s true

20. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Wouldn't surprise me given his new look.