Power Rangers - Toys, Television, and More!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Kickback, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

That all makes a lot of sense but Hasbro doesn’t make a lot of sense all the time. Will see and patiently wait.

Meanwhile, I already ordered my first Power Ranger figure in I think ever. My son wanted one for his Birthday.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Hasbro might figure out a way by using soft PVC overlays for unique tooling over an existing female buck. Goldar used a lot of unique tooling but the torso armor is actually a soft overlay over a generic body(which was a surprise for me in-hand).

I think the BM team will be completed in a year.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    That's actually something I noticed on their Classified figures too. It's an option. The sooner the better for those that want the team complete.

4. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    That's interesting. He did get a different look during the Shattered Grid storyline didn't he? After he absorbed a bunch of different powers from different teams?

6. Thunderstudent

Thunderstudent Raiden's Pupil

YouTube (Legacy):
    Which is why I’m hoping another company knocks off the SOC megazord, dragonzord, and titanaus like they did with the Voltron figures, and hopefully make some improvements where it’s needed.

7. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    I forgot if he did, but I remember him decapitating Saba and still using him as a sword, so I think that'll be 1 of the weapons included.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, I looked it up and he has a different outfit after he becomes a "god". It's black with red strips and his chest symbol on his armor is replaced with a red crystal of some kind. His power coin has turned red too. Comsidering it was in the later half of the event I can understand why that look would be relegated to an SDCC exclusive. If that ends up being what we get here.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'll still defend the Legacy version, though. You have to remember the Legacy figure retailed at $50 versus the SoC version for $300. For what it is (updating Daizyuzin up to Godaikin toy standards), it does very well. The SoC is supposed to take the Godaikin standard and upgrade it from there, which is does fine...although I'd recommend, like others, to look for sale pricing as it doesn't offer the same value at $300 as other SoC do. It really should have retailed for $200-250 when it was released, IMO, but I think we're slowly approaching where $300 is becoming a standard price for large SoC because of inflation. Once that becomes engrained, fans won't mind the $300 price point anymore.

10. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    We'll just have to agree to disagree then :D . I think the Legacy actually retailed for closer to $80 didn't it? Regardless, I don't think it makes any kind of very good, fine, or barely even "ok" update of anything beyond the cheap ass toy it was actually upgraded from.

The only thing it had going for it was diecast (which did look and feel great), and availability.

It was full of so much hollow plastic and diecast parts that even Hasbro would be ashamed. The plastic itself feels "soft", and molded details are often muddied. Tricera and Tiger are so, so basically engineered. Pteradactyl's entire body is made from one single, thin slab of plastic, and its not even the right color!

There's a serious lack of paint, with too much swirly gray plastic. Plus tons of missing paint details, and terrible foil stickers. Take out the chromed diecast, and nothing about the toy gave the appearance or feel of a "high end" collectible. At all. This is a $20 toy dressed up and it shows.

If it wasn't for the fact it was the only version of the Megazord I owned at the time, I would have returned it 5 mins after I bought it. Everything was just a disappointment immediately, and made me even sadder I sold the original DX years prior. (haha, I suppose this is how some felt opening the SOC). To add insult to injury, the later Legacy releases showed BoA was actually competent enough to make Zords that did look and feel like collectors prices, and had that classic Godaiken feel (even if they weren't perfect).

I'm short, yep, the SoC is absolutely overpriced and lacking, but even at $300, I still think you get something of value. But I'd feel guilty even reccomending the Legacy version to anyone for $50.

11. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I suppose so. I mean, yeah, the other Legacy figures were superior to the Megazord. But they also were priced as such. Ninja Megazord was $100 and TMZ was $200. Again, for the price of $50, the Legacy Megazord is honestly a nice figure - even if it's an upgrade from a $30 figure from before. As a Godaikin fan, it hit me in all the feels when I opened mine up for the first time and made me excited to buy the other Legacy figures.

No, that was the black repaint MSRP.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    A proper Legacy Megazord I'd have been okay with.

Problem is they just took the cheap 2010 version, added awkward die-cast and a nicer paintjob, and called it a collector's piece when the bones of the toy were so, so below that. Just look at those hands.

• Like Like x 3
  13. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Just a passing through rider...

I'm also the fan of the Legacy Megazord, especially for the MSRP (I can't remember if it was $50 or $80, but either seems cheap these days). It helps that I also liked the regular plastic version of that Megazord though. I thought the Legacy Megazord had painted details instead of stickers, but I guess I probably remembered wrong. Will have to check that when I get back home.

14. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    $64.99 IIRC, black one may have been higher

• Like Like x 1
  15. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Just a passing through rider...

When I got that Legacy Megazord, I felt it was a perfected version of a toy I already liked, for a reasonable price hike, so I was satisfied.

16. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I can't agree that the Legacy Megazord was worth its price when it was all stickers, and pretty poor ones at that. I pretty much only bought it because it had better colors to the plastic compared to the cheap $20 2010 version.

17. Jarrod

News Credits:
    Hmm...I definitely paid more than $50..I think @Shin Densetsu is right, $65 sounds more correct. I did get it right at release. Maybe it went on sale later?
    I know I paid $80 for the Ninja Megazord as well...maybe I waited for the sale on that one.

But anyway, I can kinda get how you feel about the "feel" of the Legacy. Kinda, if just for the diecast. But it just has way too many shortcomings and cheap outs for me to take it seriously. Haha.

The Dragonzord sold me on the Legacy line, however, and Titanus might just be the best thing BoA has ever made. And yes those cost more, and it shows. And while I do feel, in general, all the Legacy Zords were overpriced, at least the quality was there.

18. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Collectiondx reports the original price was $60. Pretty certain I paid $50 but it may have been on clearance as it was the last one I ever saw in stores. Either way, $60 is the right price for that figure when Playmates was recently trying to sell a 7" die-cast Voltron figures for $75 - and THAT was much more disappointing in terms of value.

19. Jarrod

News Credits:
    Yeah, I suppose, comparatively, for the amount of plastic and diecast in the set, $60 is actually pretty fair. If the engineering and and paint was just better, it would be an excellent price.

Definitely agree with you about that diecast Voltron. Playmates was out of their mind!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sixshot666666

Sixshot666666 Ninja Consultant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got the legacy ninja Megazord for 25$ at Barnes and noble clearance but sold it, just didn’t do it for me