Power Rangers - Toys, Television, and More!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Kickback, Sep 17, 2006.

1. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Just a passing through rider...

I initially thought Kiramaizin looked ridiculous (then again, I found most recent Sentai robots to look ridiculous), but have warmed up to it a bit now and have a Minipla version on the way to me. Unfortunately, due to coronavirus related delays, slow postal shipments may either never get to me or take several times the normal transit time, so it could be a while (or never) before I get my hands on the Minipla Kiramaizin.

I do have a faster shipment containing several of the Zyuohger mechs (#1~6 plus a few auxiliary mechs) incoming soon, so hopefully those are fun to mess around with. Decided to get them after building the Minipla Zyuohking recently. Also ended up orderings all of the other Zyuohger Minipla sets. The joy of social distancing stay-at-home orders...:p 

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Only because SS Mecha of recent years have been utter trash. I hardly count the crystal modes as anything to be proud of.

3. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Well, I'm talking part count as opposed to opinion on how the part count is being used. It's basically taking the recent Hasbro method of justifying costs - generally smaller but more intricate toys versus bigger, goofier looking figures with less part count. Either one likes it or they don't. Personally, I think it's a step in the right direction. Obviously, I'd prefer 12" tall Chogokin mecha that, if you flung it, would kill small children like back in the 80's (or the Legacy mecha of just a few years ago). Unfortunately, that would run $75+ before shipping and I think Japan is still trying to keep the DX costs under control.

4. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I doubt the crystal modes take any parts count as they more or less use the same transformation joints as the other two modes.

5. DeGoisis

DeGoisis The Big Bad Robot

Instagram:
    [​IMG]
    I just discovered that "Legend of the White Dragon" is back on kickstarter.
    If anyone wants to participate here's the link
    THE WHITE DRAGON

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Mashin Mach uses a hood fold (and a spoiler joint that would have been omitted in previous mecha). I concede, that's about the meat of it when it comes to extra parts to form the crystal modes. However, that doesn't necessarily counter that the transformation schemes overall were accounting for the crystal modes in the first place and required more parts count to begin with.

Anyhow, you don't like it because it's smaller than usual. I'm sure the figures will hit half price clearance next year just like the other lines and you'll be able to acquire one for $40 shipped off Amazon this time next year.

7. FD3S

FD3S 3rd Generation RX-7

Bit of a delay, but my last package from Mandarake finally came and with it came the Capsule Combination Magiking and Wolkaiser! Non-existent set up for photos so I'll link to reviews below for reference:

Magiking: (映GUN具 カプセル合体 マジキング)
    Wolkaiser: (映GUN具 カプセル合体 ウルカイザー)

In short, these are fantastic. Magiking basically does everything his DX counterpart does with a modicum of partsforming (you have the heads of MagiTaurus and MagiGaruda left over along with a connector to link up MagiPhoenix and Valkyrion) and Wolkaiser does much the same (in his case, you need to take off both of Wolzard's legs for anything but humanoid form along with Valkyrion's head and Wolzard's sword). Paint apps and detailing are pretty damn good for gashapon toys and poseability is generally solid while not being quite on par with the Minipla if I recall correctly; Magiking's actually got quite a decent range of motion in the lower body thanks to the nature of the combination, but barely anything above that and Wolkaiser's just as bricky as the DX is, if not more.

My first exposure to the CC line was the Combattler V they did a while ago, and it amazed me how they managed to essentially shrink down the SoC into a gashapon package, something it looks like they managed to do here just as well. Last I checked there was at least one more set on Mandarake (4000 yen plus shipping) so if you're a Magiranger/Mystic Force fan, I say snag em!

EDIT: Somehow forgot to mention one of the only downsides; expect to have to run Wolkaiser's weapons under hot water to straighten them, those are made from PVC.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  8. soybean56

soybean56 Well-Known Member

Hello gang,
    I'm not sure where to post this. Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction. While disassembling by DX Gaoranger mecha for storage the legs of the yellow Gao bird flew off. Yikes! I have the springs and pegs/rivets from each leg, but I'm not sure how to repair it. Upon further inspection I discovered a crack in the "neck" joint which has the tail and Gaoking's helmet. I'm guessing that needs to be repaired to put appropriate pressure on the pins inside the body to help the ratchets work. Does anyone have a recommendation, or could you point me to a thread which might have some info?
    Thanks!

IMG_6554.jpg IMG_6555.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Do you think we'll see the Lightning Collection finish of Beast Morphers by the end of this year? Or any team outside of MMPR? Personally I'd like to see them finish teams that have been started without giving us too many new teams.

So far we need the rest of MMPR, Lost Galaxy, SPD, Beast Morphers, Dino Charge, Zeo and I think Time Force is in Wave 5, or somebody from a new team. I'd also like the rest of In Space Psycho Rangers.

10. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Well-Known Member

I personally need silver and yellow beast morphers.

11. Apeface

Apeface cares not for gophers

Does anyone know how to get the red sports car recolor of the Kiramager mecha? I got the Kiramaizin set with the auxiliary mecha today and want to get the red car too.

12. Sixshot666666

Sixshot666666 Ninja Consultant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That was a special event thing, I’m not sure how readily available it is

13. Apeface

Apeface cares not for gophers

I was afraid of that. I really hate very limited exclusives

14. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I'm trying to find an old Power Rangers episode. I can only remember LT. Stone showing Bulk and Skull pictures and they always said the pictures were monsters. They even said one picture looks like a Putty.

15. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Was it in Zeo when they were fired from the police and opened up their own detective agency? Just curious as that will cut down the number of episodes for me to think about massively.

16. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Are the legs held on by screws or rivets? If it’s screws, look up tutorials for fixing stripped screw holes on toys. You could take some gorilla glue and put it on the screw, reinsert the screw by itself into the hole, and then let the glue dry to create new threading in the joint. (Since most glues bond to plastic but not metal) You might want to replace the springs with lower tension ones afterwards, though. If it’s rivets the same principle only you’d have to reattach the legs and ratchets when you glue, so that’d probably involve using a vice or something to hold the toy together while it dries/cures.

As for the crack in the neck, that could just be solved by taking the whole thing apart and gluing it back together with superglue or plastic cement. I’m not familiar with GaoKing (though I’ve always wanted it) but I assume that area has a spring ratchet as well? Maybe same deal where if you feel there’s too much pressure replace the spring with a weaker version.

Sorry if I’m not good at explaining these processes. I’ll see if I can actually find a screw tutorial if I have the time but I’m almost certain there has to be one somewhere on YouTube.

17. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    The only version of Magiking I have is the Joint Gattai. These look really neat but if I were to buy another one it'd have to be DX.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I don't even remember.

19. FD3S

FD3S 3rd Generation RX-7

Oh man, they're super neat! I was debating trying to find both the Gaoking and Magiking DX's but realized that I ultimately had room for only one of them :p  Thus, the smaller substitute for the Magiking while I track down a DX Gaoking eventually. That said, I'm still messing with both of them and can't get over how good a job Bandai did with shrinking the toys down and still keeping all the gimmicks. I honestly wasn't sure if the Combattler was just a one-off when I got it, but right now I'm three for three with liking Capsule Combination pick-ups and I just tracked down the Dekaranger Robo so hopefully I'll be four for four. This line's been fantastic so far.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hmmmmmmmmm, that's going to make it tough then. It's definitely going to be either MMPRS3, Zeo, or early Turbo since Stone ends up taking over Ernie's in Turbo while Bulk and Skull were chimps.