Power Rangers - Toys, Television, and More!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Kickback, Sep 17, 2006.

1. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I, too, would love to own Elizabeth Banks.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Thunderstudent

Thunderstudent Raiden's Pupil

YouTube (Legacy):
    I don’t get why Bandai constantly snubs Sentai villains and the power rangers adaptations in general. You’d think that they would like to milk the franchises for all they were worth.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    A Monster of the Week, preferably King Sphinx or Snizzard.

A male MMPR Yellow Ranger even if it is a con exclusive.

An effects set that comes with additional fists, the ranger sticks for the MMPR crew, shorted swords for the Zeo crew, and colored explosions.

And anyone from either Kakuranger or GoGoFive (Alien and LSR).

4. Sixshot666666

Sixshot666666 Ninja Consultant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want the remaining psychos, Dino Thunder/Abaranger, Jungle Fury, Male yellow mmpr, Bandora/Rita, Poisandra/Candelila, and more monsters! Also I wouldn’t say no to an Ivan Ooze.

I also wanna see if they do Lightning collection megazords

• Like Like x 2
  5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I’d love to see some zords. I mean, Rangers are cool but the Megazords were always the main “thing” in PR for me growing up.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Megazords. Lots of them, and at a price I'm willing to afford.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just released my review of Ninninger if anyone is interested:

8. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I could go for a MMPR Command Center playset with Alpha Five and Viewing Globe. Might wind up being an exclusive, but it'd be a nice display piece, especially with Zordon's communication tube in the back.

Also Ivan Ooze, I know he was cheesy as hell, but Ivan Ooze would make an excellent addition to the villain ranks.

Tengu/Tenga Warriors wouldn't be snubbed either.

SPD Green, Turbo Yellow or Pink, Movie Blue, The Movie Ninja Rangers... Falconzord. Yeah, definitely want a Falconzord.

9. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
  10. Icebot

Icebot Well-Known Member

I’d love 6” or so Megazords with good detail and articulation. No transformations.

• Like Like x 2
  11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That would be a guarantee pass for me.

A Megazord that cant transform has no reason to exist.

• Like Like x 5
  12. AnimeColossus

AnimeColossus Buyer of Expensive Figures

Gonna have to agree, if they don't transform then there would be no reason for me to buy them.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Pass on that for me, we got something similar already with the Super Robot Chogokin zords. I want something that combines, is big, fully articulated and durable without being an SOC. I know it's within Hasbro's ability to make something like that.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Icebot

Icebot Well-Known Member

Except they are far superior as an action figure. Especially if you are talking about at a smaller affordable size. Any transform would make it a useless brick that can’t really do much. It would be a happy meal toy. Bandai did the SRC line that looked great. If you want zords you need a bigger scale and the cost might not be worth it for Hasbro if people won’t buy the older stuff at a high price point. You should get more people to buy a $20-$25 Legends style Megazord from multiple series while at a higher price point they would skip more.

I know I’m in the minority on a Transformers site but I’ve always wanted a 6” Legends style G1 Transformer series with real action figures. Give us the look, detail, and articulation. Throw in a vehicle mode brick and you’d have everything. Why would need the gimmick at that point? It’s cleaner and more fun for people that want an action figure instead of a feature they won’t use. Plus it would give the traditional crowd something new to buy.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  15. Icebot

Icebot Well-Known Member

You think Hasbro expects there to be a market for these $50-$100 Megazords? A lot of the Legacy stuff after the first offering didn’t do too well. You can still find much of available as I think the price was higher than casual fans cared for. I know they can make an amazing transformable Megazord from every season but if they made, say, Wild Force and no one bought how many of those would it take to kill the idea and most would never be made? I’d rather a 6” line like higher quality versions of the Legacy build-a-Megazord and have them make every one so I can get the seasons I care about. It’s nice to dream but I want to be realistic. I don’t want to buy stuff that can’t move the way I want it to and I want a line they will go deep with.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    On the topic of smaller combining megazord being a useless brick, the mini diecast combining voltron from legendary defender was fully articulated

17. Icebot

Icebot Well-Known Member

I have that thing. It’s way bigger than 6” and is kinda shit. I only got it cause they lions for $4 on clearance and look good on their own. Sadly most of the combiner versions of that Voltron look like clunky junk when combined. To my point the $40 electronic Voltron was bigger, looks better, is more fun, and cost less.

Retail on that was, what, $60-$70? No one bought it and it ended up at discount stores (still there at some). Voltron is the main character there and they couldn’t even sell it. Not exactly something to be held up as a shining example of success. How well would half the Megazords sell in that format and price?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    There is a market and the Legacy zords were bricks so that's one reason they didn't sell as well. I would've bought all of them if they were fully articulated and would've passed on the SOC Megazord. Instead I stopped buying Legacy and bought the SOC Megazord.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Icebot

Icebot Well-Known Member

I’m with you there. The SOC releases are great. The Legacy versions filled a void at first but after not being able to do anything with the arms and such I sold them off and got the SOC Megazord which is excellent in both modes. The price also reflects that. If Hasbro could basically make the Minipla Megazord kits in toy form for under $30 they wouldn’t be able to keep them on the shelf. I don’t think that’s possible though.

20. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not familiar with Minipla, are you? Those would be pretty amazing done up with a proper toy budget.

• Like Like x 1