Power Rangers - Toys, Television, and More!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Kickback, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Relief.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

I'll preorder Yellow, just in case, but I probably would rather get her in store like the others.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Oh God I just saw Rocky's face. WTF, Steve Cardeneas is a handsome dude, how'd they fuck up the sculpt THAT badly? Especially when Trini and Jack look pretty good.

4. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I'd stick with the preorder for now. Mainly because figures like her you can barely find. I only remember seeing pink once and that was a bad leg.
    Yeah, comparing her and Kimberley's faces, I like Trini's better.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    I'm not gonna fret too much over yellow just yet, despite her being my favourite MMPR suit, simply because even Zedd showed up in plenty here.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I thought folks were saying that Rocky head was based on a fan in costume rather than the actual actor??? I could be wrong mind you, but there was the fan in costume image they were claiming was Rocky back during the cons of 2019.

Pre-Ordered from BBTS. Aside from the SDCC and Exclusive single release of Psycho Blue and Armored Black I've gotten everything so far. Still hoping to find Psycho Blue and Armored Black in person up here in Canada, but haven't heard anything about them just yet.

7. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Nah, it was Jack who's figure slide had a cosplayer showing an unmasked photo, but the final figure uses the actual actor licence.

8. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Around here, Kimberly isn't hard to find. The Walmart down the street has 1 on the pegs and 2 cases of that wave up top so probably 2 more.

The Wave 3 seems to be more rare. Just seen Red Ranger once.

9. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Yep. Wave 3 is pretty hard to find too. I was in California recently and I saw Red Ranger at Target missing Jason's head. And don't get me started with Drakkon.

Yellow is already sold out at Dorkside and Hasbro Pulse. It's only a matter of time till the other stores do.

10. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

I’ve yet to see anything wave three in stores, just loads of wave two figures that aren’t Kimberly. Found Zedd for the... I think third time ever tonight, still relatively scarce.

11. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I wonder if they'll be selling more cases of figures for fans doubling up on Yellow MMPR (Aisha possible in the future), Zeo Blue (mmpr red swap) and SPD Red (Bridge head swap possible in the future) or tripling up for the hardcore fans who will stick a Super Megaforce helmet on the bodies and create a Gokaiger Tribute transformation figure...

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  12. Dr Kain

I've seen Pink 4 times (with one of those times having 3 on the shelf) and all of them had issues. I picked her up the first time, was hoping to replace her with a better conditioned one, but never found a better looking one.

Speaking of quality control issues, some of you might remember I found Drakkon a few weeks ago. I finally opened him and yikes, I might return him. The ab crunch is frozen, and while that is fixable, the neck disc is completely loose, so he has a bobble head thing going on and there is no way to fix that. Also, the Tommy head just sits on the ball joint instead of actually popping on.

13. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

Preordered MMPR amd Zeo Blue from BBTS. They're usually one of the last sites to get stuff, but since they had individual preorders available, it's a guaranteed figure, at least.

Definitely completing MMPR, Zeo, Space, and Dino Thunder when they come along. Turbo, Lost Galaxy and Time Force being maybe. Lost Galaxy may be more likely, though, since I already have Red and Magna Defender.

14. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

I still can't decide which teams I want to pursue in full. Zeo, Psychos, and Space for sure. Lost Galaxy I might be content with just Red and Magna Defender, but if they pair more of of the Psychos with them... Might as well go for broke. Other than those, maybe Lightspeed Rescue? Since I'll definitely be all over a Titanium Ranger if/when that happens. And then Time Force is another contender.

I regret never getting the SHF Gokaigers, even if they were pretty prone to breaking.. So I guess I'd go for Megaforce too.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  15. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    only ones im going complete on are mmpr, dairanger (if they ever do it), psychos and coinless

16. Dr Kain

I'll be completing Jetman (assuming they ever do Sentai teams that have at least come to the US legally), Zyuranger/MMPR, Dairanger, Kakuranger/Alien Rangers, Carranger/Turbo, Megaranger/In Space, Gingaman/Lost Galaxy, GoGoFive/Lightspeed Rescue and Timeranger/Time Force for sure, as those are some of my top favorite Sentai shows of all time. I might also do Gekiranger/Jungle Fury, Abaranger/Dino Thunder, and Gokaiger/Super Megaforce, but I do know I'll be doing SPD since that is currently my favorite PR series.

17. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    So far we have Rangers from...

Zeo (Need Red, Green, Yellow, and Pink)
    S.P.D. (Need Blue, Green, Yellow, Pink, Omega and...maybe Nova and Kat?)
    Lost Galaxy (Need Blue, Green, Yellow and Pink)
    Dino Charge (Need Blue, Green, Black, Pink, Graphite, Silver, Aqua, and Purple)
    Beast Morphers (Just need Yellow and Silver)

I believe we'll see the following teams start to get figures down the line...

In Space (maybe we can finally get the Silver Ranger)
    Time Force (long overdue)
    Dino Thunder (Cause it's dinosaurs and has Tommy of course)
    Lightspeed Rescue (Titanium Ranger...nuff said)

I could be wrong, but when there's discussions of most popular Power Rangers teams other than MMPR, these are the ones I tend to hear the most.

18. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Time Force, Lightspeed, MMPR, RPM, and SPD are my for-sure full teams I'll be getting.

19. Dr Kain

Did they not do Cyan or Gray in DC? Oh, and what about the male version of Purple?

20. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    That's what Aqua and Graphite were.