Power Rangers:Jungle Fury

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by frenzy.mp3, Feb 18, 2008.

1. frenzy.mp3

frenzy.mp3 Boisterous Ruffian

Well, it's that time of year again...

New Power Rangers series!

Adapted from the completely bad-ass, Jyuuken Sentai Gekiranger. I just hope after all the bastardizing, that they'll have some good arcs. (Like Mack in Operation Overdrive discovering he was an Android and became bitter towards his "dad")

Comment/Share Thought/Rant & Rave/ away.

-Tommy

Oops forgot show times: today @ 4-5 and 9-10 on Toon Disney/Jetix

2. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I ph34r bruce kalish next abomination.....

although yeah Ill watch sooner or later he is bound to get something rigth....at least he gets rigth the season starters...

3. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I just finished watching......and I want my hour back. That was a train wreck!! The theme music is hideous, the plot is waaaaaay to predictable, and c'mon........SUNGLASSES for morphers???? Did we really have to wait till the end of part 2 to see that the jackass from the begining of part 1 was the bad guy????

EPIC FAIL.........

Oh, and don't get me started on the pizza flipping kung-fu master.........

4. soundwave47

soundwave47 Remember Me?

power rangers=sucky

super sentai=bad-a$$

hopefully they don't screw this one up

overdrive was actually kind of cool

5. frenzy.mp3

frenzy.mp3 Boisterous Ruffian

QFT.

6. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Ok, the sunglasses thing? Bullshit. AMERICAN Bullshit- that's another of Disney's evil influences. The morphers in the Japanese series were completely different.

7. Wing alpha

sunglasess....SUNGLASSES

godamn it.....thats one of the things I liked from geki the uber awesum glove morpher.... too scary for kiddies?

I wanted o give this a chance....but seriusly I just cant

8. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    They use sunglasses to morph?? LAME!!!

9. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Wait, only 3 Rangers? I actually sit down to watch a PR opening and this is the crap I get? I demand my Bat Ranger toy has a part in the show!

10. Wing alpha

sorry to disapoint you but Bat ranger is a toy only endeavour same with a few other we are suposed to get(shark and something else) and basically it will have those 3 a wolf like and something that I cant find shape into its helmet but is karate based uniform....

yeah I know lame but thats bandia for ya

11. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Other 2 rangers are a Wolf and a Rhino. They'll be added as the series progresses.

12. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just checked out the Jungle Fury debut, and so far I'm really quite impressed.

Overdrive was one of the worst seasons in Power Rangers history, third only to Lightspeed Rescue and Wild Force. So coming off of that I didn't have very high expectations for this series. I was pleasantly surprised, however, at what a strong debut this was. It's early, but I have some high hopes for this season.

Jungle Fury (which I keep wanting to call Jungle Fever, but that's my own problem) started off looking like a retread of Ninja Storm with a bit of Wild Force tossed in, but it's shaping up to be a bit different. The school doesn't seem to be a major fixture, instead we're focusing on the local hangout - really similar to Dino Thunder's juice bar. Not an unfamiliar concept in Power Rangers, but the master/pupil set-up with the pizzeria owner is a bit of a new twist.

I'm liking the new Rangers a lot so far. One of the upsides of a three-Ranger cast is that you get to focus a lot more on all of the characters. They all get more time in the spotlight, instead of a couple getting focus and some forever remaining in the background (Overdrive's Rose, Mystic Force's Madison, SPD's Z). But so far we're getting a good sense of all three Rangers - Casey is a nice guy, but feels in over his head; Theo is very serious and confident, more than a little uptight; Lily is very outgoing and active. RJ is really likable as the team mentor. He's kind of weird, but I like his mix of casual zen and general eccentricity. The villains are a bit flat so far, but part of that is from keeping Dai Shi's really obvious identity concealed for the majority of the episode.

And some other general Pros and Cons:

Pros:
    - Good cast of likable Rangers.
    - A lot of potential in the kung fu warriors readjusting to the real world.
    - Fun mentor
    - No "wacky Ranger" character. It seems like the producer fell in love with SPD's Bridge and has been trying to recapture the character in subsequent series with MF's Chip and OO's Dax - both of whom drifted progressively further from "delightfully quirky" and into the area of "annoying as all hell." Dax in particular, I wanted to strangle every time he spoke. Mercifully, there's no equivalent Ranger here.
    - I like the Megazord. It has a cool athletic fighting style and the design is pretty neat (aside from the fanny pack).
    - The theme song. Yeah, it's pretty bad, I know. But after the terrible Mystic Force theme and the even worse Overdrive one, I'm really happy to have a theme song that's merely as bad as Ninja Storm's.
    - Some potential in the "fallen student" villain concept.
    - The bad guy's lair looks really damn cool. The coolest looking villains' lair in years.
    - Either they hired American actors for this one, or they actually found some New Zealanders who can hold an American accent. Big change there from Overdrive.
    - There's really no stupid comic relief character this time around. Fran is a bit odd, as is RJ, but we don't have anything as intolerably dumb as Norg or Piggy this season.

Cons:
    - Another "rookie red." I'm getting really tired of the Red Ranger being less experienced and more reluctant to fight than the other Rangers. It's a gimmick that's worked in the past (Wes, Connor), but has been really overdone in the past few seasons.
    - The fight banter is exceptionally lame, especially Casey's. Do you really need to yell "Back flip!" when doing a back flip?
    - The goofy civilian sidekick is back. One of the few things that Overdrive did right was leave this character type out. Nothing against Fran as a character, but I don't really like this character on Power Rangers. But, in fairness, there's only one of her. We don't have multiple goofy civilians like we did in SPD or Mystic Force.
    - What the hell is up with the hopping troops?
    - The villain's sidekick kinda sucks. Again, we've seen worse (Mora, Elgar, oh dear god Vypra), but she's not especially interesting.
    - What the hell was up with that fly thing at the end? That fight commentary ruined what looked to be an otherwise cool Zord battle. I really hope this is a one time only thing, because that will get incredibly annoying if it happens every time the Megazord gets in a fight.
    - The costumes do look better in action, but I still find them to be pretty damn ugly. Even worse than the Lost Galaxy Rangers and their Charlie Brown shirts.
    - More Kalishplosions. They're a given in a Kalish season, of course, but that doesn't make them less stupid.

Yeah, that looks like some big cons, but all in all I really liked this debut. Jungle Fury has a lot of potential to be a really winning season. The start is already a lot more promising than Overdrive's. I'm looking forward to seeing where this season goes.

Edit: forgot one of the biggest pros. The lack of unmorphed super powers. Sure, we have some fancy kung fu moves, but they're like Ninja Storm's fancy ninja moves. None of that special super abilities crap we had in DT, SPD, and OO. I never liked that, and I'm really glad to see it gone from this season.

I also liked the acknowledgment of the other Power Ranger teams. None of that "I thought they were an urban legend" crap from Ninja Storm. I also liked the bit about how Power Rangers aren't an old tradition of this school and that RJ hacked into the morphing grid to create the Jungle Fury Rangers. That was a nice touch.

13. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Just watched it a little bit ago. Very awesome.

I like shade morphers. "Change Commando!"

14. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    The rumor going around now is that the three extra rangers will show up, but as some kind of teachers to the three main rangers. They will show them how to summon their corresponding zords (i.e. Bat ranger shows up in one episode, and teaches the rangers how to summon the bat zord). They will never join the main group, and we'll probably only see each for their specific episode and the finale.

The Violet Wolf and White Rhino will finish out the group similar to how black and white did Dino Thunder.

15. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Actually, that's what everyone figured from the beginning.

16. soundwave47

soundwave47 Remember Me?

SUNGLASSES for morphers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ll
    ll
    v
    FAIL.

17. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Actually, the sunglasses aren't as bad as they sound. At least it's not a cellphone again. The geki gloves are in the show, but they are going to be a powerup weapon.

18. Wing alpha

so I watched it.....

I dunno why but is rather horrible at times. the sunglasses are actually as horrible as they sound-to me-damn it...... well at least no furries.

19. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Captain Commando says otherwise. :cool: 

20. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I just watched the second episode of this piece of s**t (call me a glutton for punishment), and it wasn't getting any better (buffalord?????).

It's been said that in the original version they don't have those stupid sunglass morphers, so can someone post a link to the video of it? Just so we can see something related to PRJF that doesn't absolutely, totally, and utterly FAIL?

Please?