Power Rangers and. TF4 Dinobots discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Moy, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    There's no doubt 2017 will offer many films to choose at the local theater.

The competition for Transformers is the toughest I can remember.
    Lately I was thinking about the Power Rangers dinosaurs and how Bay loves to compete against other movies ( terminator/fast furious/Pacific Rim) And I concluded that this may be a good thing for the Dinobots.
    Unlike many, I enjoyed every scene we got for The Dinobots in TF4.
    The Dinobots weren't used too much in TF4, and it's been said their roles will be bigger in TF5.
    I don't want to get too hyped here but it's worth discussing.
    Now more than ever I'm eager to see just what they will have in store for the audience to want to pay for a movie ticket.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm really not sure how TLK is going to perform in the US. Regardless of the quality of the film, it's surrounded and gotta compete with Wonder Woman, Despicable Me 3, Spider-man: Homecoming and Apes 3. No TF movie has had that stiff a competition.

They're going to have to come out with a film that gets legit good word-of-mouth to really draw in people who have given up on the series. Otherwise it'll make less than AOE in the US. And legit good word of mouth for this series is anything above 50 % on RT.

When comes to Dinozords vs Dinobots, eh. I'm not familiar enough with Power Rangers mythology to know how big a deal they're gonna be in the movie. And with TLK, I'm honestly not expecting much more outta the Dinobots. I think they'll get probably 15 % more screentime.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  3. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Well, I heard Bay was taking from Jurassic World by having a bunch of velociraptor Dinobots team up with a bunch of humans.

But really, I don't think there will be too big a similarity between the Dinobots and Dinozords. From what we saw on the PR posters, the Dinozord designs are far too much like Bionicle.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    The latest Jurassic Park was a hit, so I wouldn't discredit that.
    The Dinozords indeed don't look much like the Dinobots, but they're likely considered as part of the box office race.

5. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I know this is not involved with the topic, But I'm just fiddling around with my Deluxe Slash thinking he's too big for a Raptor. What other Dinosaur can I pull him off as? So far, I'm thinking of a Gorgosaurus.

6. Sablebot

Sablebot #iposttomakeyouthinknotdebate

I'm not sure if the Dinozords are appearing in the Power Rangers movie-I think we'd have to confirm that first, in regards to if they'd have any effect on the Dinobots that will appear in TLK.

In retrospect, the Dinobots' appearance in AOE (while they looked interesting) was, to me, window-dressing: we really didn't get to know them, we didn't see what makes them tick, and we didn't understand their motivations, because they had no dialogue to reveal those things to us. All they did was show up, help the Autobots smash some ish, and then they ran back into the woods. I hope that we get more development with their re-appearance in TLK, as well as for the MiniDinobots. One of my gripes with the movie series is the lack of character development for the bots besides OP & Bee, i.e., never seeing Ratchet performing Autobot medicine, and the like.

7. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh they're in it alright.
    To me movie companies are always fighting to get ticket sales. And judging by these images, surely people will flick to see the Rangers.

And this is why I believe the Dinobots may get the screen time they deserve in TF5.

8. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    The dinozords are in the PR for sure because they're fully aware that leaving ehm out would be a ultimate death wish.

As for the Dinobots well I've heard that they weren't originally going to show up in AOE and was actually planned for the fifth movie but Hasbro decide to change that and have them be in AOE instead at the last minute which if that's the case explains a lot about why they weren't in so much because they were shoehorned in. So if there's anything good came from that it'll leave more room to explore who the Dinobots are in full detail in TLK or at least a spin off movie for them.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP My personal sense of scale

News Credits:
    *drops head on table*

I mean yup, another movie is/has coming/come out so let's compare it to TFs. I still don't buy any of this "Bay competes with movies by adding superficial similarities that people assume are purposeful connections" thing. I mean really, Galvatron has a circle in his chest, Bay must be "competing" with Pacific Rim? Two franchises that both have history with robotic dinosaurs dating back to their original iterations are bound to be similar, but it doesn't mean they're "competing."

If anything, Power Rangers is blatantly aping the Transformers movies' style with the Zords, the same generic over-detailed loosely organic style rather than anything that would actually stand out among Hollywood movies.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 2