Power Rangers (2017) - Movie Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by TFtoycollector, May 7, 2014.

1. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

it made me think of the space marines from halo I think this style looks good on the black ranger but I don't think I like it for the rest

2. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I don't hate these, but they could use some tweaking. The gloves and boots need to be more defined. They don't need to be entirely white, but there definitely needs to be more of it. There also needs to be a belt. Having the morpher buckle attached to the mid-section with no belt just looks weird.

I also noticed these actually share many of the same lines as the original movie suits. The main difference between them being that the movie suits details were more subtle, while these suits point all of them out to you.

3. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

I dunno. I've always liked the more armored look of the Power Rangers that they did in the first MMPR film, so there are elements of the new suits that I like. But I think that these new suits should be more inspired by the original costumes. Like with the helmets, none of them look inspired by animals to me. Except for the Red Ranger, but yet, his actually reminds me more of the original Green Ranger's helmet. The plasma ball thing in their chests I think looks cool, but it kinda makes the suits look hollow to me. So while I will say they are cool looking, they're just a little over redesigned for my tastes...

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Don't you mean... morphenomenal?

;) 

5. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    Sheesh they look like aliens lol

6. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

I think what's throwing me off is that the helmet size makes the rangers head size a little on the uncanny side.

7. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Kinda the point...

8. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    They look more like Aliens.

9. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Anyone reminded of the Max Steel film?

[​IMG]

10. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's exactly what these remind me of. They all look like Max Steel Reboot characters. But Max and his characters look waaaaaay better than these things.

11. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope people didn't ACTUALLY expect these to be anything less than Iron Man-esque armor.

12. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There was a live action max steel movie? Most of missed that.

I kinda like the new costumes. Bet kids will love them also. I wonder if the zoids will look more like transformers then voltron.

13. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Costumes look great but I don't like the mouths. Reminds me of Snake Eyes back in 2009.

14. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

The people saying they look like aliens- did you read the bit in the article where it mentions they're extra terrestrial powers?

15. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    No offence but it goes without saying that Zordon and Alpha 5 aren't locals to the planet Earth so in this case I think they're using the 'It's meant to be alien' as a crutch to excuse a severe case of over-complicating otherwise solid baseline visual design because they're afraid someone might think the Power Rangers are a tad tongue in cheek.

Heaven forfend.

16. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Nothing you said could be taken as offensive there? :lol 
    The whole thing here looks like they're really driving home the alien approach, I'm interested to see what the zords look like honestly. I don't think it's much of a crutch as it is embracing the fact that the original show is over 20 years old and spandex suits might look a bit naff on screen, they consistently say it's something different for mature fans but also something they look to get the attention of new fans to the franchise (kids who obsess over marvel movies per say, like iron man- as an example)

17. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Well they realised the nylons would look naff on the big screen in 1997:

[​IMG]

So I feel it would be possible to meet the demands of big budget live action and visual fidelity to source material somewhere in the middle. Don't forget these shows are martial arts action, not military action so the suit's primary requirements are range of motion to allow for stunning acrobatics. So less Iron Man, more Captain America (or probably Black Panther is a better analogy.)

I'll wait until I see the people moving in them before I start really sinking the boot in.

18. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Honestly when I look at the costumes I see synthetic armour, not cumbersome metal armour.
    I do get what people mean, I just think it's way too early to judge them based on an imagine that looks like late concept art to me. But they deffo look alien, as people are saying, and that's deffo a vibe I'm getting with Rita possibly being a corrupted green ranger (the fact she has 2 costumes- a strange looking civ one and then a green armoured one).

the article also says they morph by the costumes growing on them and then crystallising into armour etc, it sounds pretty cool to me.
    Someone posted something that black nerd comedy guy said too- "if this was a fan made costume at a convention people would be going nuts over it", and I think that to be true, honestly.

19. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wait ... WHAT ?! :eek: 

20. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    If I'm reading it correctly, the producers say they're making this for an older audience. I just hope the don't try to make this too dark. We might end up with another Batman V Superman.