Power of the Primes Wreck-Gar

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by payres, Jul 26, 2018.

1. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It would have been some way down the forum, last post August!

Although Wreck-Gar's only hit the US this week, he's been available internationally for a fair few months!

• Like Like x 1
  2. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I was debating on whether to pick up POTP Wreck-Gar or not. I already have the RTS and I am not a big fan of how small the POTP version's head looks a little too small for the body. But seeing the side by side comparison, I might go ahead and pick him up and he looks different enough that I can keep the RTS version as just another generic Junkion.

3. Housewife2000

Housewife2000 Fandom, combine!

[​IMG]

Love this guy! The axe from CW Ironhide works much better than the old RtS axe packaged with it - and clips onto the rear wheel peg-hole in bike mode making for a decent exhaust!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  4. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Picked mine up today after spotting it at brick and mortar for the first time. They had two on the shelf and one definitely had a dodgey paint application on his robo-stache so be wary of that.

The other bummer was that right out of the package, which he was apparently forced into incorrectly, his front tire is bent rather badly. The gray piece wasn't fully rotated 90 degrees but the figure was placed into the tray and the tired was forced flat which caused the two gray strut pieces to be bent and held at an almost 45 degree angle. Anyone know any tips for reshaping that back to normal?

5. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Bug Drone

Wow, Wreck-Gar is nice! Elita-1 on the other hand, is more Dorito-esque than Movie Starscream. Her name should be Frito Layla

• Like Like x 3
  6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

He's pretty bland, feels like a random junkion instead of the man himself.
    Which is ok since he can be kept in limb mode.

This mold doesn't have what it takes to express Wreckgar's mighty personality.
    Especially with that tiny head.
    Still a decent toy.

Wreckgar 3.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  7. das_hermit

das_hermit Decepticons forever!

Pics with G1 anyone?

8. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I don't particularly like this as Wreck-Gar. The alt mode seems too...clean? Modern? I don't know. I think the RtS version did it better, fragile-ness be damned.

9. openchallenge

openchallenge Enough with the exclusives.

POTPWRECKGAR1801.jpg POTPWRECKGAR1805.jpg POTPWRECKGAR1804.jpg POTPWRECKGAR1802.jpg POTPWRECKGAR1806.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm To Infinity - and Your Mom TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think Groove is my least favorite incarnation of the CW motorcycle mold, despite the mold being (probably) made primarily for Groove. That's because the mold is basically a brick shape with motorcycle bits attached to it, and doesn't look much like a real-world bike. By contrast, Afterburner and Wreck-Gar are both traditionally unrealistic/blocky/futuristic bikes, and work better with the CW mold's look. (also doesn't hurt that the relative unrealism means it's not quite so strange to have a car or plane-sized bike with your other vehicles).

Wreck-Gar himself is... OK. The colors are decent if a bit plain in bike mode. The head seems a bit small, probably because a non-square head has to fit the same places a CW block head does, and the weapon is the definition of 'tacked on', with nothing remolded to better accommodate it. Personally, I like either clipping it to a handlebar on the robot's back, or in the fist on bike mode, pointing up like he strapped a pinwheel to himself. Seems like a Wreck-Gar thing to do. :) 

Overall, It ain't bad. There are other definitely better Wreck-Gar toys out there, but this is a fully acceptable one, with a combining ability bonus.

11. quantumhawk

quantumhawk Retired Allspark Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One thing that may help, the weapon can attach to his kickstand and be in a slightly more appealing angle for vehicle mode.

IMG_5024.JPG IMG_5025.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  12. openchallenge

I was considering cutting the axe but the shaft seemed tapered above the hinge. Does it still fit snug in his hand?

13. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got mine in the mail today. Love the color scheme, love the head sculpt. Definitely dig it better than Reveal the Shield.

14. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

If it isn't too late to just return it, you could try using hot water to soften the plastic enough to bend it back into shape. It looks like the gray struts attach to rest of the figure via a mushroom peg. If that is the case, pop the gray struts off of the figure and proceed with the next steps. You don't want to submerge any more of the figure into the hot water than is necessary. Ideally, you would want to disassemble the toy so that you can submerge only the bent parts. Get a microwave safe container large and deep enough to submerge the bent parts in and put enough water in it that the bent parts get completely submerged. If you can't disassemble the figure and/or can't submerge the bent parts without also submerging the clear plastic parts, you might not want to try this method since I'm not sure what effect, if any, the hot water may have on the clear plastic.

If all looks good, nuke the water until it is hot. You don't have to get it boiling, but you want it to be hot enough that steam is visibly rising from the surface. Needless to say, be careful that you don't burn yourself during this process. After the water is heated, submerge the bent parts into the water for 10 seconds and remove them. Carefully, but quickly, bend the bent parts back into the proper shape and hold them there until they cool. If the parts don't bend relatively easily, put them back into the hot water for 20 seconds and try it again. It may take a couple or few attempts to get the desired effect, but it does work.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I appreciate the tip and I'll keep it in my back pocket for next time. I have up on trying to fix my Wreck-Gar and took it back for a refund, then bought a better one at another store. Luckily he's easy to come by now. The extent of the deformation was just to bad to try and correct I think.

Others have mentioned this but on both figures I've bought the greg elbow precess are installed on the opposite arms. It's barely noticeable on not mode but in bike mode I think it is apparent how it's supposed to be sculpted to look like one big intake from the front. I confirmed this against my CW Groove. Pretty easy fix except for how tight those mushroom caps pretty into the brown shoulders.

• Like Like x 1
  16. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

Glad to help, and glad you were able to get a refund! The hot water thing works well...but it can't work miracles.

I'll have to check my Wreck-Gar for the assembly error you mentioned.

17. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks to Smitty, the gray elbow joints are swapped on Wreck Gar. I don't think it affects the transformation, but if you look at Afterburner and Groove you can see it. Once swapped, the vents will look like this in bike mode.

20181102_220142_01.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. quantumhawk

quantumhawk Retired Allspark Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Any advice for getting those mushroom pegs apart without breaking anything?

19. openchallenge

Awesome, thanks.

20. Toa Maximus

Toa Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I personally think that Wreck-Gar looks great with Sky Lynx. I wasn't planning on getting more than two, but the Walgreens I went to rang them for 7.29.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1