Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by ChErikS, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Ota

Ota Well-Known Member

Not exactly. The representative said they would send me a replacement or something of equal value. Unfortunately at the time it seems they did not have any prime master micronus lying around so they sent me a RID set. Granted it was a more expensive set than the prime master but it had no use to me.

2. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's okay. You have to return your defective micronus to them?

3. Ota

Ota Well-Known Member

I did not have to send anything back. I offered to send them pictures and such but they said it was fine. They are very helpful but just don't necessarily expect the exact same product back.

4. WarInTheFloor

WarInTheFloor Well-Known Member

aw hell

I didn't realize that was part of all this. Mine was tough to do the first few times I combined him but being old school I tend to just carry in carrying on and didn't think it may have been an issue, mine is hard to OPEN after closing it tho rather...I just thought I had shoved something in there wrong or didn't know where to grip it to get it out right. Its worth noting tho it got better over time especially since this Starscream is getting mostly play as a combiner ( and occasionally as a Voyager group bot mode)... but mostly back and forth from combiner.

5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

My only real issue is his tiny arm cannons. Anyone know some good replacements?

Who needs peashooters when he can punch them across the gd universe

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    What are yalls choices for limbs on him? I was gonna use Dreadwind, Darkwing, offroad, and then not sure.

7. HereticalHeresy

HereticalHeresy Decepticon

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    So curiosity killed the cat for me here. I ended up caving when I saw him on HTS with a sale, I figured, why not. And to be honest, I almost regret it. I think the highlight of the figure is the combined mode, which I find to be very sturdy, but considering the movie-esque dorito body type, I really wish they went with a more movie inspired head to match the body. Would have made it more interesting I'd say than just sorta G1 Starscream, again.

Aside from that, while he's not one of the worst figures I've ever owned... He just feels like such a child's toy. And I don't mean that like these aren't for kids, I mean, I will always say not to judge these figures too harshly, because they aren't designed solely for collectors. What I mean is, he feel's like a Playskool figure. Honestly he reminds me of this guy my little brother used to have.

[​IMG]

Big chunky arms and legs, and a transformation that's not all that transformative, in terms of bot to vehicle mode.

I think at the end, this is a prime example of my distaste for this line. With combiner wars it was fine, but I really am getting tired of forcing combining into non-combiner characters, as I feel like it compromises the figure to accommodate the gimmick. With TR it felt less intrusive, but here, I feel like it's gotten in the way a bit much already. Personally, I think the CW leader was quite a bit better than this.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Makarov

Makarov Well-Known Member

POTP Starscream learning his place on the shelf

megatronlesson1.jpg megatronlesson3.jpg megatronlesson4.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  9. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Coming here was a mistake...

• Like Like x 7
  10. WarInTheFloor

WarInTheFloor Well-Known Member

what Bee has seen... cannot be unseen
    guess that goes for us as well now
    There are few ridiculous ways you can add the null rays to the prime armor pieces and make HUGE guns for him... like I had said earlier this guy was a gift to my two YO who actually ended up and still does like and play with him so the GIANT Null ray version is how he has been rocking it far a while including Giant null rays in Alt mode.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DecepticusPrime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've come to appreciate plugging the null rays into the prime armor and then plugging that on his shoulders. The big beefed up look this provides reminds me of Galaxy Force Starscream who also has burly shoulder armor.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    NICE

• Like Like x 1
  13. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Saw a Starscream which had a 73211 or 73121 code on the back of the box. However, it did not have the notches cut out of the red peg. You can see it easily from the front of the box, look from the left at the side of the torso.

14. DecepticusPrime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mine too. The stamped code is NOT a guarantee

15. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is this factory redo worth getting/a big deal? I recently got one that doesn't have the notch but i haven't opened it.

16. Ota

Ota Well-Known Member

Depending where you purchased this is may be worth returning and getting a new one. The notch makes everything tab together much easier and more flush from the photos I've seen. The problem with getting it with online retailers is it's impossible to know without physically looking at one since it seems to be the case that the batch number doesn't necessary dictate a notch.

17. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I checked different stores that had Starscream and it looks like none of them had the fix. :mad: 

18. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    That makes 2 of us at the very least. Easiest way to check folks is to look from the front. Look at the left side(Starscream is facing you so his right side), you'll be able to see the peg there. If there's no slots/cutouts on the red peg, it's not the "fixed" version.

19. coybrafett

coybrafett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just picked up the corrected backpack version of screamer and that fixes my biggest gripe of the first run release in that the fuselage now pegs securely to his back. I did not like this guy from initial pics but he is growing on me each day. There is something charming about a chunky bot that can fly.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  20. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Don’t call me a member thank you very much.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, I quite liked him, it was the back pack thing that ruined him for me, so may need to pick up the corrected version.

So with the notched back version is the wing part meant to push in to the notches on the back? As mine doesn’t. It does seem to sit better on the back though.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 1