Power of the Primes Voyager Grimlock

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by ChErikS, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great figure. My only complaints would be the tiny toes and flat back in dinomode, but other than that he's perfect. Been reading a lot of critism of his combiner torso but...seriously? Not sure if people are exaggerating or my personal taste has just started to meander away far from the general consensus. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  2. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Great now I need to find another Slash.

Nice work!

• Like Like x 1
  3. ultramagnus1

ultramagnus1 Well-Known Member

Awesome regarding Slash.

I knew you guys would find a way to combine her and you didn't disappoint.

When I get a chance I'm going to see if I can add her to combined mode without the need of a second one.

Not sure I will be successful but I'll try

• Like Like x 1
  4. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

Glad you guys like it.

Here’s a bonus.

I got really really tired of seeing Grimlock’s unsightly robot elbows...

Found way to cover at least one.

[​IMG]

Remember when I asked for optimum limb mode use?

Anyway, anyone knows if Snarl’s tail splays the same way?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  5. poisoncow

poisoncow ....

I had no plans to ever combine my Grimlock (or any of the Dinos for that matter) and while I still don't plan on it but you're strongly making me reconsider it. Well done sir.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  6. Mattress

Mattress Well-Known Member

You need to do a instructional video, that looks WAY better

7. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just picked this guy up. Robot mode is awesome. Volcanicus mode is pretty good. Dino mode is disappointing. Way too wide of hips. They needed to compress in some. It makes his dino head seem like a pinhead. Yes, I saw pics before I bought him. I knew what I was getting. Sill disappointed.

8. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    I just got mine. I'm glad that the Masterpiece gun can be held, but the sword cannot. :cry 

9. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Siiiiiigh.....this figure is putting a gray cloud over my otherwise "enjoying POTP" head.

I believe this is a case of Hasbro QC run wild more than anything else; but regardless....it makes for a very unfun play session.

I see it as a math equation really....if ONE Hasbro figure might have a slight QC issue, well then, combining 5 of them (literally) is going to unveil a GREAT BIG QC issue.
    I mean, nooooooooothing pegs, tabs or clicks in place. Soft ratchets on one side, hard clicky ratchets on the other. I even opened it up to look, and sure enough, one tooth is nice firm and protruding, the other is recessed and small. WTF? Can't this company make a figure that holds together two halves properly? I have to clear polish almost every single tab for it to barely work.

I dunno about this one.....gonna take a lot of work to get it to par....I'll report back soon.

10. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Okay, so I was going to pass on this figure, but my girlfriend didn't know that and ordered one from Amazon as a surprise.
    I opened it up, because she was too happy for me to tell her how I really thought about the figure and return it (at least she didn't get me Starscream...).
    As for Grimlock, it really is not a good figure. Not as horrible as I had presumed, but still not fun.

I try to not be overly negative about anything, so looking on the positive side:
    The dino mode isn't as repulsive as I was expecting. Sure, the hips are ridiculously huge, it looks like it has a diaper, the lower legs are laughably weird, the back is gap-tastic and the tail looks inflamed, but from the hips up it looks phenomenal. Pure mini-MP aesthetics there.
    The bot mode is pretty decent. I still loathe the combiner ports being so obvious, making Popeye arms and too-straight lower legs, but overall it's not bad. My copy holds together nicely, so that helps.
    Torso mode... Yeah, not even going to bother. I hate the idea, so won't put myself through that. Bruticus immediately got a foot transplant, so at least those parts were usable.
    Also, the stickers don't bother me at all. I kind of like them in fact.

Overall, not the Grimlock I ever hoped for, but the one we got. If I didn't have the MP and the FoC version, then I would honestly go without.
    As it stands, I will most likely be performing some major surgery on this figure at some point to make it more acceptable to me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haha mines just got delivered too from my Amazon. Kind of a wasted opportunity as bot-mod is actually pretty decent. Take away the combining gimmick and they most likely would have put out a really solid Generations Grimlock. Forget a Unite set I would prefer if Takara would have remolded him and removed the combining gimmick. Dinosaur mold is just bad, like I said missed opportunity.

• Like Like x 1
  12. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

I hear you on this....and for those that read my posts, you know I LOVE and GUSH over a lot of stuff. lol

This ain't one of them.

Since posting earlier about this, I have gone in and fix the hip ratchets/teeth. They. were. a. disaster. The mushy left one (as I see in video reviews too) is collapsed and barely there. I plucked all three out, (left, right, and waist) and wedged in a teeny piece of funtact. Once the ratchet spacers were reinserted they stuck out much much farther. Once put back together the hips are like rocks now. And NOW, it can hold all sorts of poses and what.....AS originally intended.

Anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  13. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

....edit: What's extra annoying about this whole thing is that NOW that I've "fixed" it, it's quite a cool combiner. BUT nothing ever executes how it's designed to work. For example, these horrendous hip ratchets and inability for tabs to hold. If I was a 10 year old kid, I'd be left with a floppy, droopy mess that can't hold together. Luckily my 42 year old Macguyver skills are strong, to quite strong.

....and THIS is why I buy Takara, but they click, tab, and ratchet JUST FINE, EVERY TIME!

(well, 7 out of 10?)

I should also clarify.....I DO like the figure itself, and its combining gimmick and whatnot; but it's the execution from drawing board to store shelf that I think is for the birds. They really, REALLY need to tighten up their QC game. This is unacceptable.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  14. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Found a decent gun/sword combo. Not G1, but they work well enough:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Is there enough clearance for this to wield Micronus?

16. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

Amazon delivered him today. Love this guy. Easy transformation, big and imposing, a Grimlock I’ve been waiting for. Only thing is, his mid section doesn’t tab in securely and he flops a bit. Still a good toy. Might get the Takara version of his joints are tighter...

• Like Like x 2
  17. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I got him and Starscream from Amazon today. Overall, I like him. The T.rex mode looks better in person than in pictures. I almost broke a nail getting his robot fists flipped out.

potpiegrimmy.jpg

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  18. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unfortunately, no

19. geezerman402

geezerman402 Well-Known Member

All the prime masters weapon modes fit just fine in Grimlocks fists.

• Like Like x 1
  20. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I stand corrected, just a tight tolerance. Leige Maximo looks great!