Power of the Primes Voyager Class Hun-Gurrr

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by RickyLeeSTF, Feb 11, 2018.

1. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For hip joints you can resort to nonnef ratchets I believe (I've yet to order these). The thigh swivels can be tightened with future (makes a big difference).

The one dragon head got stuck with me as well but only one time (perhaps something loosened up).

ps: one small qc issue: I am missing a screw in Hun-Gurrr's left dragon neck/robot-mode leg.

2. TFKaiser

TFKaiser Commander

Ebay:
    My Hun-gurrr has floppy hips while in torso mode. The torso wants to lean forward a good degree and with the TDW kit on the horizon, I don't want to deal with a balancing act. Is there a way to fix this?

3. egrudzin

egrudzin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The pins that hold the arms to the torso are just loose. Seems to be a common problem. One arm on mine is worse than the other, and I have 2 copies both with the problem. I have been unable to tighten that pin any more.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TFKaiser

TFKaiser Commander

Ebay:
    Thank you! I'll look at my copy when I get home

5. TFKaiser

TFKaiser Commander

Ebay:
    Can anyone confirm if the Takara version of Hun-gurrr has loose hip ratchets in torso mode? I'm not sure how to fix mine. if there are any instructions on how to do so, I'd love to see how.

6. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    depends on which rotation on the hips if it's the forward and back ones I just added some plastic to move that bracket forward to make it closer to the gear,

7. TFKaiser

TFKaiser Commander

Ebay:
    Definitely the forward and backward ones. I haven't been able to open up Hun-gurrr yet but if that fixes the issue IllI be happy

8. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just slowly angled some plastic in using tools, I had some when I tried my hand at an earth metals kit, that silver optimus prime one

9. Maxxion

Maxxion Well-Known Member

I actually have the same issue with my Hasbro one. His right torso-mode hip doesn't even ratchet anymore, just spins freely on the pin, and his other one is starting to go too.

Any luck with fixing this issue? I really don't wanna have to buy another one just because of a hip issue.

10. TFKaiser

TFKaiser Commander

Ebay:
    I haven't found a way to fix it myself. If there were some instructions I could do it. I'm still a n00b at this sort of repair

11. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

Ebay:
    I know, late to the party, but I found Hun-Gurrr at Ross for $9 on pink-tag clearance, and since I have an affinity for Combiner Wars which extends into POTP, I had to pick this up. The only other Terrorcon I have is Blot, who I thought looked fun on his own, the rest of Abominus I doubt I'll get due to the various issues they suffer and my disinterest in the designs.

Bot Mode is probably the weakest of the 3 modes. The plus column has a sense of character accuracy, a clever integration of the chest detail in the beast tail, and a sense that he really changes for transformation. But Popeye-forearms, teeny feet, a fake rubsign sticker, wrists that don't lock into the forearms, and a big kibble chunk beneath the wrists are this bot's big drawbacks.

Transformation is alright for a figure that has such a simple conversion from bot to beast, I especially like the reveal on the beast forelegs and the tail detail pushing through.

Beast Mode *coughs loudly* is cute but silly. The best aspects are the heads motion and personality, a sense of fun, and the addition of more large scales in this mode. Drawbacks include a clumsy rear leg system, a neck design that is a bit bulky, and stickers start becoming more important.

Torso Mode is surprisingly good, this feels like someone really thought out how change works, it doesn't remind me of Silverbolt at all despite sharing the engineering and transformation. The best parts are the way the shoulders lock together, the way the enigma of combination can be closed up inside the chest panel, the antennae reveal, and just a sense of difference from the other modes. The worst parts are the stickers, obviously, the lack of a back covering, getting the combiner head out of the core, a butt-head problem underneath, and on my sample the spike panel on one side of the chest flops instead of staying put.

Hun-Gurrr isn't a figure I expected I'd ever get or want, but overall it's not bad. I'd give it a B- .