Power of the Primes Voyager Class Hun-Gurrr

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by RickyLeeSTF, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ARGH! I mean I'm getting the 3rd party upgrade, but still....

20180731_062450.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. ThrustJan

ThrustJan Well-Known Member

Received my Hun-Gurrr 1 week ago, I've noticed that left dragon head, if you look at him in front of you,has most external joint of the mouth/jaw with a little stress mark in the middle of it ,or maybe is another melting plastic problem I plan to keep him in dragon mode and other Hun Gurrr I'll buy for remaning trasnformations ...has someone encountered similar problems?I fear that moving that mouth could break whole joint after a while,what do you think?

3. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    IMO Hun-gurr has the best torso mode. Natural fit for beast limbs. Hope Hasbro make Seacons soon, it will bring more options.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    IMG_4391.JPG
    I got this bad boy today. (finally)
    I pretty much gave up this set, and honestly didn't expect to ever find this guy in stores. But since he was there, I figured I'd grab him since I'd probably never see him again if I didn't. And I gotta say, getting this guy has rekindled my enthusiasm for the set. He's pretty cool. Solid robot, decent dragon, and a good looking torso.
    Stickers, as expected, are crappy though. Even worse when they're not only peel-y, but also crooked. Ugh. Small negative for an otherwise good figure.
    Now the question... Do I just order the other three Terrorcons or press my luck and see if I can find them at retail...?

Oh, and did anyone else notice his head being blocked out on the back of the package? The image showing the Prime Master gimmick?

• Like Like x 4
  5. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

Got Hun-Gurr earlier today.

Has no glaring problems next to the problems I've had with Elita One; in fact he's darn near perfect. His dragon mode is everything I expected out of it and a dream come true after wondering about it for years since his G1 incarnation; he was like Mecha-Gleeok to me (Legend of Zelda).

Prime Armors at least stick on him in an unobtrusive way unlike Starscream and Elita.

Robot mode is just okay. I hate his purple head. You can definitely see the Silverbolt/Cyclonus/Scattershot inspirations on him and makes for an interesting comparison piece. Having no real weapons is a letdown.

Combiner torso is okay. His head is way too big compared to other CW combiner heads and his horns have a tendency to stick in the folded down position (whereas Scattershot's combiner head was much easier by being looser and freer to move around). Still don't like his purple. Actually like that his Enigma can store on him without removing it, unlike Starscream/Elita.

Where I lost the QC roulette with Elita, Hun-Gurr seems to be the winner and in a way I'm happy for that (I mean, there is an obvious reason not to, see Elita). Heard all about the QC issues with the remaining Terrorcons, but look forward to putting together the rest of the beasts more than the combiner.

Doubly so when I can put him next to his Prime incarnation. I think I shall call him... Mini Me.

6. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Got mine the other day. Not a fan of the huge forearms in bot mode and the dragon mode is a bit weak. Otherwise he's pretty cool. Holds together in torso mode MUCH better than the older torso bots. Love Abominus, just wish the ratchets in the knees were a bit more stable.

7. Dramatic Spoon

Dramatic Spoon Well-Known Member

God, this is a beautiful torso bot.

Good ratchets, good sticker apps, about the only complaint I have is that Abominus' head is a bit hard to turn.

8. jingles1

jingles1 Well-Known Member

Quick question. I had read that many of the first run of these had loose hip joints. Does anyone know if Hasbro addressed this in the second run that is on shelves now? Just wondering if there is a difference.

Thanks!

9. SuperGodzilla

SuperGodzilla Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if mine is a 1st or 2nd run, but I finally found one in my local Wallys about 3 weeks ago and the hip ratchets are good on mine.

10. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fan mode?

11. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    No, it's his quaternary Crab Mode that was only seen in the Lost Episode of G1 released in 2004 by Shout Factory. Hun-Gurrr used this mode to fight Superion and single handedly won the fight but was eventually stopped by Omega Supreme. Probably the best scene in G1, but not many have seen it due to its obscurity. Shame.

(Yes, it's a fan mode. But wouldn't that've been cool?)

• Like Like x 3
  12. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Mihono Bourbon's hero

News Credits:
    Instagram:

just a heads up, you seem to have copy-pasted your reviews into the wrong threads, you placed this rippersnapper review in this Hun-gurr thread and vice versa.

13. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I didn't copy past... what happened is I had both threads open at the same time in different tabs and I seem to have some how reversed the tabs without realizing it. So I wrote the Hun-Grrr review in the Rippersnapper thread and vice versa cause I got the tabs in my broswer mixed up. I'm just going to add the correct review to this post and delete the other one.

I don't really like how they did the combiners with the extra parts that I'm afraid are going to get lost and I've been avoiding getting any of the combiners... but I really like the Terrorcons... except for Blot because I have no idea what the heck he even is... I saw a complete set at Wal Mart today and I finally caved and got a couple... If I had more money I would of picked up the entire set but for now I settled for just Hun-Grrr and Rippersnapper. I'll pick up the other three next month. I just hope I don't loose the combiner parts before then because I'm never going to use them on the individual figures. They look really dumb on the individual figures which is why I hate that the combiners were designed this way. If those parts were better integrated into the figures I wouldn't have to worry about it.

Anyway... I got a Quintus card with this one in case anyone was wandering...

The robot mode looks cool but it's just occurred to me that he doesn't actually have any weapons. The instructions and box show to put the combiner feet on his arms as his weapons and there are some barrels molded in there but I'm sorry those are just combiner feet.

Articulation... Ball joint neck... REALLY LOUD RATCHET SHOULDERS!... a bicep swivel just below the loud shoulders... A kind of weird elbow. There's a locking point when the arm is perfectly straight. I haven't actually transformed him yet as I'm typing this, I'm guessing that locking point is meant for torso mode but it's a little bit annoying here. Ratchet hips and these ones are more of a soft ratchet unlike the loud shoulders... Thigh swivel... Odd knees which seem to be this way because the combiner ports are right there but it gives him some really big knees and I don't think I've ever said this about a figure before but it's kind like the bend is too far back. The way the knees are it never really feels like he's standing straight even when he is. It's like no matter how the leg is positioned the knee always looks like it's bending. It even goes slightly forward yet some how still manages to look like it's bending slightly backwards... and there is a really good range of motion in the ankles, both front to back and side to side. Despite the few minor issues he's a very well articulated figure.

TRANSFORM!

Well that was easy... a little too easy... I thought I was missing something but checked the box, the instructions, and pictures online and yeah... this is it... Part of prefers the upright stance of the Prime Hun-Grrr but that doesn't really work with this version. Officially this Hun-Grrr is suppose to be on all fours but something about this stance doesn't look right to me. It's like he's been recently injured and is huddled over in pain.

Articulation in this mode... The ankle tilts in this mode give him a wide range of heads articulations... There's actually a double joint in the knees I didn't mention before because one of those joints makes the weird knee problem even worse but I don't mind it quite as much as a neck joint. Otherwise the necks are exactly the same as the robot legs. The front legs/arms just have a swivel at the shoulders. There's also an inward bend due to transformation if you really want to pose him standing on two legs but otherwise that joint is mostly useless for articulation. HIS LOUD SHOULDERS HAVE NOW BECOME LOUD HIPS! The knees bend in the wrong direction, a lot of animals do have backwards bending knees but if you compare this to the G1 toy this is the one major difference is the knees bending in the opposite direction otherwise this figure is almost a perfect update to that original G1 design. It is possible to reposition the legs to give a stance more like that original G1 toy but then his feet are facing the wrong direction and in case you missed it there's no wrist swivel so you can't turn them around to face the right way.

My biggest issue in this mode is that the combiner chest armor gives him a HUGE belly in this mode. It's a back pack in robot mode and a pretty clean back pack but with how short his front legs are that belly goes all the way down to his ankles. Is this dragon pregnant? No wander he can't stand up on his hind legs, he's too fat and his knees are broken. lol

Finally... I decided to go into torso mode just to see how it looked and I discovered an issue with my copy of the figure. The soft plastic horns on the combiner head are warped... Though honestly I actually like it better this way... Instead of going straight up they're bending inwards giving him a more beastly appearance. I also just found one difficult thing about the transformation... going back into robot mode I was having trouble getting his head back out... I found the easiest way to do is to pop out the combiner head just to get it out of the way so you can push Hun-Grrr's head out from underneath.

Anyway... despite some minor issues it's a pretty good solid figure in every mode and I could easily recommend him to anyone that likes the Terrorcons and wants to pick up a modern update with decent articulation. Some of the issues I mentioned here might bother you more than it does me which is the only reason I even mentioned them so if that's the case maybe skip this one but I think he was worth it.

14. ThrustJan

ThrustJan Well-Known Member

Finally I created my Abominus with remaning Terrorcons,but there are some problems,in the main body, right dragon neck doesn't want to stay attacked to Abominus head joint,instead left one went perfecty and after some attempts has even appeared a clear line on right joint that joins combiner head to dragon neck, besides inserting dragon necks on side joints of torso is difficult, I could force them but I'm afraid to break dragon heads ,is this normal?Please let me know.

Then ,to worsen things, my Sinnertwin has combiner foot joint half molten, as if something went wrong in the mold when created this bot. At least other one is OK and I can use as arm. So at the end Abominus is always an impressive Tf but I'm encontering some problems that make this combiner so weak when I expected to see a strong torso.

15. rockHard

rockHard Well-Known Member

Is abominus prone to decapitation like superion? I think maybe not, because the torso connects in a completely different way, but the plate with abominus' head on looks like the same part as Superion.

16. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've not had that problem with either Superion nor Abominus.

17. rockHard

rockHard Well-Known Member

I was trying to be funny, but this here should be a well known weakness in Silverbolt & Cyclonus:

IMG_20181126_212639600.jpg

18. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's a bad break, but as I said, I've had no such issue with either (or Scattorshot).

19. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    That happened to my Silverbolt. Still forms Superion well, so I keep him in that form. I had forgotten about that breakage until just now actually.

20. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Really wish the shoulders and bicep swivels(which form the hip joints and thigh swivels for Abombinus) were tighter as they're substantially looser in combined mode unfortunately. Otherwise it's a great figure. One of my combiner feet seems like it has a mismolded ankle rocker as the detents are softer(you can physically see this is the case). The foot still holds position but the detents have a softer lock.

Also 1 dragon head tends to get stuck in robot and combined modes and is hard to pry out.

• Like Like x 1