Power of The Primes Speculation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GuardianPrime19, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Toa Maximus

Toa Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So what if Starscream's proportions are weird because he is a three member combiner? It would make sense that they did not show his combined form if he combines with deluxe class Skywarp and Thundercracker. This would add more variety to the voyager lineup and retailers might be worried about stocking large size class versions of the other two seekers after Combiner Wars. It would also explain why the voyagers come with foot pieces instead of the relying on the foot pieces of two other deluxes.

2. SoundJack426

SoundJack426 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I would find it weird to have Starscream be a Voyager and the rest of the Seekers be Deluxes. I personally think Skywarp &/or Thundercracker out of Voy Starscream would be most likely, but I would like to see the Coneheads get some attention as Voyager figures instead for once.

3. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    I'd love to see a proper G1 Ultra Magnus leader toy with the white cabbot/armor gimmick. Very much thinking this is almost a given.

If they DO indeed do a new Megatron, I WANT BATTLESTARS SUPER MEGATRON! Titans Return voyager Megs was such a tease...Super Megatron needs to happen properly!

4. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    My theory is if Megatron had won they'd have used the Perceptor mold for delyxe megs with power armor to make him a leader

5. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I wonder if The Prime Master Vector Prime got Pretender Grimlock's shell, since the Dinobots' Beast modes are from Pre-historic Earth, plus Vector's powers are space and time, make the Dinobots somewhere descents to Vector Prime, never again they also got swords as their main melee weapon.

6. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    Or a retooling of Overlord to represent the tank/jet combo from Energon.

7. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    Also possible Deluxes still have an HFG style weapon so they remain compatible with CW. While Voyagers have bonus feet so future Combiners can be more stable.

Also, Voyagers having their own feet mean in combined mode there'd be two spare armor pieces you could plug *into* the Combiner so it could carry additional Primal Masters.

8. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    I think it's a cert we'll be getting those guys. I've said this before, but I was sure that Arcee, Ultra Magnus, and Hound were just filler on that vote and no-one was seriously expecting any of them to get anywhere. Then John Warden said he was surprised Hound didn't win. From that point on I thought they must all at least have CAD sheest waiting for manufacture. With the 'Deluxe in armour' leader class gimmick it seems like they'd left themselves scope to upgrade any of the typically smaller characters, like Hound and Arcee, if they did win the vote.

Though now with Arcee looking like she might come out in Titans Return after all, I'm going to have to go back and revise my daft speculative list.
    Onnieways...
    Confirmed (presumably) for Wave 1
    [​IMG]
    Speculative full Wave 1
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I feel if they do the Dinobots it NEEDS to be a box set.

Bay Movie Dinobots have been on the shelf for quite a while now, plus many 3P options have went all-out with chromed silver and gold.

I feel Hasbro really needs to bring it if they do the full team.

10. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

I've been missing sleep, so is it just me or does Earth Wars Barricade resemble PotP Jazz in a classic CW style remold kind of way?

11. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    They are not dissimilar. I wouldn't say they match or anything, but one can see how the EW people might have stylized the PotP design for their own needs

12. Jhund

Jhund Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Could be both ways , tr bumblebee kinda looks like ew's design... that said , I pray to primus that optimus primal' design isn't taken from ew.

13. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    I was so hyped for this line after Titan Returns. But I fear this line might not win me over. This reveal should have been exciting, but most of it were duds. I hope I'm wrong and the future reveals for this line are blowing away everything. I'm also a little angry that we finally get a "proper" Rodimus Prime and I really don't like him. At first I had a little hope that Takara might be doing some nice remolding. But I really need a completely different figure/mold. I think I would even prefer Cloud Rodimus over the new Rodimus Prime figure. And Cloud Rodimus is to me just Springer cosplaying as Rodimus.

14. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    Considering we get like 2-4 Optimus Primes and 1-3 Megatrons per year, yeah, absolutely.

15. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    You suggested Hound would get a new figure. Do you think he'd be Deluxe or Voyager? Seems like either way he'd be CW compatible and a bit redundant....

16. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    I'd be expecting Deluxe? If he hadn't appeared in the vote I doubt I'd be thinking he'd get a new figure, what with the CW one coming out about a year ago, but there he was.

17. NanakoPreame

NanakoPreame Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    we got two brawns in the same line, so at this point anything's possible.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Constructor

Constructor Man of Mystery

You could have skywarp, and thundercracker as the legs and use dreadwind and darkwing as the arms or vice versa. Unless it's all about having them be seekers as opposed to just jets.

19. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    And two Skywarps/Grooves in the line before that. :thumb 

20. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Despite the redundancy, I wouldn't mind seeing a new Deluxe Ratchet that's more cartoon-like with the window chest that get's a headswap/repaint into a new Ironhide.

I suppose redundancy isn't actually that good of an argument since they've already made TR Hot Rod obsolete, and he's still on the shelves.

That would kill it for me. I can live with Starscream's Hero-Masher proportions, but if Thunder/Sky aren't even sharing the same mold, I'm going to feel like what is even the point? Even the Bayformers line seekers got that part right.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017