Power of the Primes round 2

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smitty.1981, Jan 27, 2017.

?

Who will you vote for

1. Ultra Magnus

2. Optimus Primal

3. Star Saber

4. "Unknown Evil"

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. G1StarSaber468

G1StarSaber468 Brainmaster

Agreed dead end and honestly I want more beast wars figures to be made but I want hasbro to finish g1 first,then they can move onto focusing on beast wars since theres so many characters from beast wars (though not as many as g1) and honestly their toys aren't that great. To be completely honest I would cojsider the beast wars toyline to be a testing phase for adding articulation in figures and its commonly noticable within a lot of BW stuff it woulf be really interesting if they gave a lot of characters different transformations from their originals whether they be minor or noticable.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    If what you say is true, then it won't just be me enjoying the win.

And what's worse (for you), the party is only just getting started.

3. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

Yeah I think you've got it spot on. I'm also a fan of repaints, redecos & retools; which I know a lot of completists don't like. So if they redid generations rhinox as backstop then Unicron fans get something out of it too. Since a lot of Unicron toys were based on g1 this could be easy. This could also be cool for more obscure toy only characters.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Let the damn BW nuts have their anniversary. Give me a Generations Silverbolt.

I'll only break out the haterade when they start doing Car Robots - Cybertron MPs.

5. G1StarSaber468

G1StarSaber468 Brainmaster

Or it ended? Honestly this thread isn't as active since optimus primal won

6. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 I HAVE THE POWER!

News Credits:
    Transmetal Rhinox could be bigger, Transmetal Rattrap could get a more show accurate transformation and a gun, Transmetal Cheetor could get some improved articulation. There is alway room for improvement, MP 10 and MP 36 prove that.

• Like Like x 2
  7. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    holy run on sentence, batman!

• Like Like x 1
  8. GoldDeadEnd

GoldDeadEnd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Arguably stuff like Hero OP, Hero Megatron, and the Laser Rods were the test, whereas Beast Wars was the line-wide realization. They can sprinkle in BW guys along with G1. I loved that about Thrilling 30.

Hmm. It'd be a pretty loose interpretation of Backstop, but given the original, that might not be a bad thing.

True, I shouldn't have said there could be no improvement. I just imagine season one Terrorsaur, Armada Sideswipe, and Cindersaur standing in a room bemoaning their lot, while the guys you mention have it comparatively good.

9. Sracsose

Sracsose Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    YES! This point gets brought up so often and it drives me insane. I have literally every transmetal figure, like many people do, and there are so many that could be improved on. Even if you believe articulation is perfect in the TMs (it's not) the size scale is all over the place. Before MP 32, 30% of his thread said he didn't deserve a MP because his ultra figure was so good. It's an excellent figure for the time, and even ahead of its time in many ways, but it doesn't compare to MP-32 unless you're one of the people arguing for sculpted fur, then to each their own.

The transmetals could definitely be improved.

10. Verno

News Credits:
    2018: The Primal Party.

Don't expect an invitation in the mail :p 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still can't get over how Generations Rhinox was a Voyager while Tankor was a Deluxe. :lol 

I'm still hoping that like Strika and Obsidian, MMC will make a Tankor figure worthy of the character.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope Mmc does all 3 of the season one generals

• Like Like x 1
  13. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thrustinator has planzzzzzz. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  14. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    still prefer optimal optimus we already got the perfect s1 optimus in the mp line why we need another inferior version we need an update of a more needed body

15. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Yeah, I hate when they do that. Like foc jazz being smaller and scrawnier than the previous jazz. Not to mention the lack of paint.

16. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 I HAVE THE POWER!

News Credits:
    PotP Primal is not going to be BW Primal, he's going to be IDW Primal, King of Eukaris.

17. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

I could definitely go for a redesign for primal, something fresh and new, but also undeniably primal

• Like Like x 1
  18. Verno

News Credits:
    Trypticon won hos vote in December '15, and then preview images surfaced in July '16. Given Primal isn't as complex or as massive as old Tryp, we could see pics in 3-4 months, but something tells me they might be held back for HasCon in September.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Super4Ever

Super4Ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ohhhhhh boy, where to begin?

What do the people who grew up on Beast Wars becoming adults had squat didly to do with anything? There's tons of G1 fans and tons of fans who grew up on not Beast Wars. There aren't enough Beast Wars fans to sway things completely, Primal just happened to win it's as simple as that. And Verno isn't being cocky, he's celebrating a victory that many on these boards, including you, made very clear was not going to happen. He's just doing it bluntly, just like how you all said Primal had to lose.

Why do you think that Hasbro should only make G1 figures until they make every character? What real reason is there? Because they were first? Because they were the first characters arbitrarily pulled from other toy lines to market as Transformers? Stop it. Those characters are not owed anything, and most of them are in line after line. And what happened last time Hasbro released the same characters over and over? Transformers almost completely died out. And what saved the franchise? Beast Wars. And it's not just because they were Beasts, but because Hasbro was finally adding new characters and new mythos. Stop with the G1 entitlement, it's meaningless.

The thread being dead has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Primal won. The thread was about a vote. A vote that is now over with the winner declared. This thread no longer serves a purpose. There's nothing to discuss until we find out more information, at which point there will probably be a new thread.

I'm all for anyone supporting what they consider their own "era" of Transformers, but that doesn't mean spew out total bullshit to try and make yourself feel better.

• Like Like x 7
  20. Verno

News Credits:
    Well said.