Power of the Primes round 2

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smitty.1981, Jan 27, 2017.

?

Who will you vote for

1. Ultra Magnus

2. Optimus Primal

3. Star Saber

4. "Unknown Evil"

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Well, G1 explained it was just something the key did sort of by happenstance. It wasn't its intended function.

• Like Like x 1
  2. G1StarSaber468

G1StarSaber468 Brainmaster

Verno I feel like your trying to rub something in when everybody's gotten over it. Let me just say it to you clearly then, GET OVER IT

3. G1StarSaber468

Hey verno may I remind you that you were the same guy who tried to make up a reason why primal would still be a good guy despite being in the chaos category. Also out of all character traits you can give to a character while choose an character like star saber to be a religious zealot when he was never one in previously established fiction and doesn't come off as that interesting?

4. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    As explained in a previous post, chaos doesn't necessarily mean evil.

If you don't think IDW Star Saber is interesting, that's fine. But it's sure as hell more interesting than a goody-two-shoes. Victory Star Saber and IDW Star Saber are two different characters. Stop being so bloody precious.
    Get over winning? When the Star Saber crowd, like yourself, were so pompous? In the light of the great disappointment that was the Beast Wars 20th Anniversary? No, I won't. I'll enjoy the win.

• Like Like x 4
  5. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

This is something i don't get, you beast wars fans got a tenth anniversary toyline, several new mold generations, now three whole masterpiece figures, and an entire comic dedicated to toys and characters who never appeared in anything before, yet you still act like beast wars is neglected....

6. Verno

News Credits:
    • The 10th Anniversary was in 2006. This is also when the comic came out. That's 11 years ago. It's quite a while.
    • There were 3 new Generations molds, and they were extremely well received by Beast Wars fans. They came out in 2014. We've been waiting keenly but patiently for others to follow, but to date, there has been no news.
    • Go into one of the Beast Wars Masterpiece threads. They are filled with excitement and joy.
    We know we're lucky to get anything at all. Some G1 fans are instantly negative towards anything new from Beast Wars because they see it as robbing a spot from a G1 character. But sadly for you mate, we're not going anywhere.

• Like Like x 4
  7. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Verno for President 2020

8. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One quick point, while they may not be strictly beast wars, thrilling 30 had 5 beast era updates, rhinox, rattrap, waspinator, tankor and skybyte (I count him as the original was a repaint of a beast wars figure)

• Like Like x 1
  9. SgtLemon

News Credits:
    Tankor is Beast Machines and Skybyte which is a 2001 RiD character. Not Beast Wars :p 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Tankor was Rhinox

11. SgtLemon

News Credits:
    I knew that! :lol 

12. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

Not what I'm saying man, I love nearly every tf show, beast wars might even be my favourite, too, I am pretty darn opposed to "geewun" and "muh childhoods" it just seems like beast fans act like they are super under represented, try being a fan of rid 1, or the unicorn trilogy, my childhood show didn't even get a tenth anniversary anything, and the most I'm getting this year is a shitty broadside repaint :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  13. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's exactly what I said

• Like Like x 1
  14. Verno

News Credits:
    In the face of the negativity that Beast Wars receives from some corners of the fandom, Beast Wars fans often try to fight fire with fire, but in the end, can come across as no better than the geewun crowd. Some fans, 20 years on, still don't understand the concept of sharing. I'll give an example.

In another thread, the topic for discussion was BW MPs and why TT should stop making them. One poster argued that no other MPs should be made until the G1 set had been completed. Now, that's a pretty elitist attitude, right? I suggested they learn how to share. They retorted with "How would you like it if they started making UT MPs instead of BW MPs", to which I replied I'd be delighted, as everyone should get to enjoy the wonders of the MP line. They had no real response, they just made a gurgling noise.

I know I have a reputation as some kind of Beast Wars fanatic on here, but I know my place, and I know the place of the show. All I want is a little more attention on my favourite part of the franchise. You are clearly the same with the UT stuff, and I welcome that. Some, however, wouldn't. They'd tell you to get in line and wait.

• Like Like x 2
  15. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i would really enjoy a leader class primal in the form of optima optimus for the s1 we already got the mp the transmetal is good but his second body would benefit a lot with ankles retractable cannon and better head articulation

16. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    Honestly, the only reason I come into this thread is to see Verno slam everybody else all the time.

17. Verno

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  18. GoldDeadEnd

GoldDeadEnd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really feel like all the purpose of Generations is making the more limited or otherwise flawed figures of the past into transformable action figures that live up to today's standards. G1 rightfully trumps all else, by volume, legacy, and the original toys' brickishness. THAT SAID, there ought to be more stuff from other continuities. Armada reintroduced compromised figures like no one's business, and Beast Wars' earlier characters had some extremely flawed toys. I'm eager to see the latter's characters get the physical representations they deserve. Beaat Wars was excellent fiction thats toyline only caught up with in quality to for a ways afterwards. Transmetal era and beyond doesn't need to be rehashed, though. It will not be an improvement the way Rhinox, Rattrap and company were in Generations.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Verno

News Credits:
  20. G1StarSaber468

You can enjoy your win (to not much of a suprise cough cough its not like kids wjo watched beast wars are becoming adults or anything becoming part of the fandom in turn the reason why beast wars is becoming more in demand regardless of which verno yeah you can enjoy winning but to rub it in every minute is just cocky plain and simple