Power of the Primes round 2

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smitty.1981, Jan 27, 2017.

?

Who will you vote for

1. Ultra Magnus

2. Optimus Primal

3. Star Saber

4. "Unknown Evil"

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    There's so many interesting plots that they could come up with. Eukaris is already in the council. So this must be legitimate. What if he declares himself the rightful King of Eukaris but wasn't their leader. Maybe he claims the leadership of Eukaris as the King. Or maybe he was really the rightful King but was thought lost. So many possibilites. If done well, this could be really interesting.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Then his depiction in the comics won't affect you. You get to sick back, relax and wait for his new toy! :D 

Even I had to go back and look at what I wrote. It was pages ago :p 

3. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Absolutely. I'm excited and optimistic! (But when aren't I?!)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Super4Ever

Super4Ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only one who is far enough removed that this argument even works for is Deathsaurus.

Ultra Magnus? Star Saber? More hero type leader Autobots, more of the same. Which for some reason you're trying to say only applies to Primal. It's absolutely your right to be upset about the outcome, but if it's because you're saying Primal is more of the same, what you're really upset about is the fact that Primal won. Star Saber and Ultra Magnus would also be a good deal of more of the same. Trying to say all of these characters don't share some common features is silly. Prime, Primal, Star Saber, all meant to be leaders in a show aimed towards children. How do you drive the point home that "hey, that's the boss"? You give them similar design cues. If anything, Ultra Magnus is the least similar as he was never intended to be a boss bot.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Super4Ever

Super4Ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Sharing your dismay is not trolling. Saying that you're only upset with the winner because he's similar to Prime while that applies to most of the finalists is trolling.

• Like Like x 3
  6. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Yeah, technically three finalists are very close to Optimus in their own way. The only one that didn't looked like prime in a huge way was the "Unknown Evil" And he ended up being second from all things.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Florgeysteve

Florgeysteve Well-Known Member

Indeed, just as a side note with the main leaders of the planets of the council they have had multiple characters from different parts of the franchise (i.e. Elita-One = Obsidian & Strika from beast machines, Velocitron Cybertron based Override = Prime Knockout & Breakdown, G1 Moonracer, Cybertron Ransack). what characters would you want to featured when Primal makes his appearance in the IDW comics for the event? I'd like to see a version of Movieverse Scorn and maybe some of the other beast era characters, Nightscream & maybe Silverbolt to name a few.

8. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Break.

Don't tell me he's just a penguin. He's a penguin with a flip-out missile launcher.

BAD. ASS.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

When you're antagonising G1 fans...:p 

Maybe there's a storyline brewing that could include all of four of the finalists as key players.
    Maybe D taking over as benevolent Decepticon commander since Megs has gone traitor to the cause.
    Star Saber leading a faction of conservative religious types (maybe a bit functionalisty which would work well against Primal since Beast Transormers probably aren't that useful as alt modes).
    Magnus becoming the rallying point of Autobot traditionalists (though hopefully he stays having adventures on the Lost Light...).
    Primal, possibly returning with Onyx Prime but then turning on him when Onyx goes too far in pushing the whole Beast agenda (maybe involving another OG Prime death), getting the Matrix and ushering a new age of beasts returning to Cyebrtron.

The possibilities of the POTP vote are so exciting.

Edit. Thanks @tigatron2002 for the correction

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nexus prime is dead, I think you mean onyx prime

• Like Like x 2
  11. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been trying to get into the Optimus Prime comic a bit.

So far... it just seems very brooding and introspective. Which is fine, in small doses. But one thing I'll enjoy if they do have some sort of conflict between Prime and Primal, or controversy over who the Prime is to be, is that it might - perhaps - bring back some sense of joy, excitement, and camaraderie to the comics continuity which lately has felt very joyless to me.

The thing I do love about the IDW universe though, is that it's given the G1-ish/Generations/neo-G1/whatever one wishes to call it reality a sense of breadth and galaxy-wide machinations. As a kid I always looked at the toy box art and imagined those massive space battles as spanning galaxies and star systems. Now it sort of feels like that's actually true in the comics at least.

Still hard for me to get into, but POTP gives me some hope I can enjoy it with a (hopefully) heightened focus on the beasts, even if the characterization isn't quite what I hope for.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Or he could be a rebelleader who liberates Eukaris from the current leadership and becomed an antagonising voice in the council of worlds.

13. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Something like this would be amazing.
    Some actual political factions would make the current OP and TAAO a lot more interesting.

I've been thinking about the results of the poll:
    Two beastformers, one of wich is a post 87 Decepticon beat the likes of Ultra Magnus, Arcee, Shockwave and Megatron himself !
    Thats kind of a big deal !
    Exciting times :) 

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  14. dragon_lord

dragon_lord great dragon god

Welp, I'm a little bit disappointed that Star Saber didn't win

• Like Like x 1
  15. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    It could also be that a lot of non fans know primal over Star Saber.

• Like Like x 1
  16. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    I would also wager that seeing "Primal" in the name may have swayed casual fans who thought "Well that kinda makes sense I guess."

17. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure Hasbro figured Star Saber would win and have a nice leader class ready to go.

Don't see why they wouldnt? About damn time he is something other than a sword to the US.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Fall Feelings

News Credits:
    Well, most figures take from 4 months to a year to make. Whatever is in POTP, shich is supposed to be coming Winter 2018, should already be well into development. Meaning that it should practically be a given.

Still sad he didn't win though. He'll always be the winner in my heart.. :cry 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 I HAVE THE POWER!

News Credits:
    I heard it was 12 to 18 months? Maybe that 4 month low comes from doing redecos?

20. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

CW and TR have made me confident that we'll eventually see a modernized Star Saber figure. I mean, five years ago or even three years ago, could anyone imagine we'd be getting a new Trypticon that actually ate titan masters? Or a revamped Overlord and Ginrai? I am very happy that HasTak is not able to completely surprise us with their decisions!

• Like Like x 1