Power of the Primes round 2

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smitty.1981, Jan 27, 2017.

?

Who will you vote for

1. Ultra Magnus

2. Optimus Primal

3. Star Saber

4. "Unknown Evil"

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

I did :D  I like how he was billed as the Beast King of Eukaris. Its like a whole new storyline that intrigues me.

2. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

Probably nothing till HASCON, soon there will be nothing but HASCON

3. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Yup.

"The next Prime after Optimus Prime is Optimus Primal Prime! Aren't you guys happy you voted for Optimus Prime...er, I mean Optimus Primal? We at Hasbro would like to congratulate Optimus Primal for becoming Optimus Primal Prime...Primal...Prime...Optimus....Prime.....Primal..........."

• Like Like x 4
  4. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

Primal Prime would work

• Like Like x 2
  5. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Indeed. Wrecker_Primal_Prime.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  6. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    A completely different character, tho.

7. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In IDW I'd guess Primal will be from the animal planet and I feel like Rattrap is maybe an insurgent from that planet somehow.

I can see how BW Megatron would fit in, Megatron isn't a Decepticon anymore and someone Tarn-esque might come along and retake the Decepticon Leader's name for their cause. So I wouldn't be surprised if we have a 'Beast War' down the line.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    That's what I mean, there was obviously no conspiracy. If Deathsaurus HAD won it would have been a bit suspicious.

Hasbro very clearly wanted us to vote for Deathsaurus. Right from the start he was made to be a more interesting choice than the others with this "Unknown Evil" ridiculousness. Like, let's consider for a moment how little sense that made: Deathsaurus was given a new toy only last year and fiction-wise has featured prominently in the Season Finale of MTMTE. You don't see Star Saber there was "Unknown Good" and he hasn't featured in fiction in the last two years and has NEVER gotten an English toy. The whole point was to make Deathsaurus the more enticing choice.

Furthermore there IS the fact that he was put in Round 2 even though he lost in Round 1. It may have been that he got a lot of votes, but I find it hard to believe Optimus Primal VS Thunderwing VS Deathsaurus would have been any closer between first and second than the other categories, I mean one even had Megatron himself as an option.

Finally, the leaks tell us there's a new Deathsaurus toy planned and they're yet to be wrong. It's pretty apparent that Hasbro has plans for the character and was really hoping he'd come out on top of this fanpoll. I think the results show that it was a legit vote.

• Like Like x 2
  9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Like "Star Saber Prime" sounds any better.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dramatic Spoon

Dramatic Spoon Well-Known Member

Optimal Primal?

11. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Better than "Optimus Prime All".

12. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, the unknown evil thing was dumb, but i doubt that it wasnt actually a handicap.

The rest was just coincidence though i think.
    I doubt Hasbro mandated his appearence in mtmte.
    And i'd say the nature of the toy he got last year says a lot about how Hasbro rates him.

13. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

I was surprised they didn't retool Silverbolt into Leozack instead. And maybe make a Jallguar to sit on the chest out of Blackjack or something. The new headsculpts were pretty awesome though

• Like Like x 1
  14. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    No, I didn't say that Hasbro mandated his appearance in MTMTE. My point is that the "Unknown Evil" thing makes no sense given his recent appearance in MTMTE as well as his recent toy. There was literally no reason to given him a special designation when noone else did except to try and make him more enticing to vote for.

Ultimately the point is that Optimus Primal was fairly voted in and the people who say that Hasbro rigs these votes are full of crap.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Well, if you put it that way, it is kind of strange they did that "unknown" thing at all.
    But i think this was done kind of haphazardly anyway.

And i'm also happy Primal was voted in. I'm looking forward to how they'll write him into IDW.

16. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

I reckon the whole unknown thing was just cos they don't know what to call him yet. Me thinks they already have the toys ready for all these cats as per the 13 primes redeco theory. But Dezarus is no where near as cool as Deathsaurus so they were probably buying time
    If it was character based rodimus, bumblebee and maybe even cheetor could have been in it. Or an overdue Prime smokescreen.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SpectrumBelle

SpectrumBelle blorp.

18. Megano

Megano Well-Known Member

Optimus Primal won? Jesus christ that's surprising..I almost thought Star Saber/Deszaras were gonna win o_O  How can this be?!

19. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    This is so intriguing:

Characters for the Power of The Primes fan vote were selected with a desire to take from a broad spectrum, and choosing individuals through whom they could develop interesting story hooks which would give media writers a good deal of room to work and develop interesting fiction around. From a much bigger group they started with internally, they narrowed it down both with toy considerations in mind, and with character choices they believed fans would be especially interested in and care about. Surprise was expressed at Primal ultimately winning, and it was noted how that may have to some degree shifted where plans for the future were going. They said that of the 9 candidates, they thought Primal was probably the "craziest" choice.

Primal winning may have shifted where plans are going. That's very exciting. And as for Primal being the "craziest" choice: As we all know, sometimes crazy works.

• Like Like x 5
  20. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Them thinking this is the craziest choice is the best thing. That means they think they're gonna have to go all out too make the figure that they will make sell well :lol  Someone working higher up in Hasbro is probably seething right now.