Power of the Primes (PotP) Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TyrantGalvatron, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am sadly going to end up doing this, too. Dreadwind and Darkwing as limbs, Buster and Hydra as stand alones (I have Botcon Dreadwind and U2.0 Darkwing w/Renderform upgrades, so I'm cool on them).

No way that's the correct Starscream transformation - the head has to be hidable. Right?

--------------------

I have BC Prime (patiently waiting for the SND kit to become Nova Prime) along w/his team of guards/knights/whatever - SG Starscream, Rook, Alpha Bravo, and Prowl. Kind of feel like Jazz (and the semi-inevitable reshell of Red Alert) might end up joining my White Knights/Elite-ish Guard

2. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

30 years and we finally get a proper Rodimus Prime update. The Masterpiece looks great but it's too expensive.

I am disappointed with Darkwing and Dreadwind. I wish they were either bigger or retools of Triggerhappy. Hopefully the ko company that produced oversized Hardhead and Skullcruncher will do the same for them.

I was hoping Skullgrin and the other Pretender inner robots might get updates similar to Metalhawk preferably as retools of Blurr and Brainstorm.

Strangely I was just thinking this morning that Beachcomber could do with a proper update.

I'm loving the attention Rodimus is getting in the Prime Trilogy. This is his 4th toy. I liked him in the Combiner Wars cartoon and it's great to hear Judd Nelson is coming back to voice him.

3. Jordland

Jordland Well-Known Member

Really digging skullgrin and beachcomber! Pretty mixed feelings overall though. Build and design seems like a downgrade but I'm hoping wave 2 ends up fixing these issues.

Ugh, that's pretty disappointing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AMG

AMG Old School

20157118_1556085861128269_4813439618253397707_o.jpg

20116963_1556085877794934_8927023415847731558_o.jpg

I need this.

• Like Like x 9
  5. Steelfire

Steelfire Well-Known Member

octothorpe matrixface

6. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus DON'T TRUST THE RENDERS!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Despite my slight dislike for (toon) Rodimus as a character, it doesn't translate to the toys.

Leader Class Rodimus = bought on sight.

• Like Like x 2
  7. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime End of Days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wonderful. But in the meantime we can just SPECULATE away about these toys and assumed features until theyre actually in hand...oh wait we already have a POTP speculation thread too.

8. Steelfire

Steelfire Well-Known Member

We do not have all the facts, so we continue to speculate. We do have some facts, and those facts we appreciate. Appreciation doesn't require physical contact.

• Like Like x 3
  9. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    That's what I tried to tell Emma Watson. She still got the restraining order on me though. :p 

• Like Like x 11
  10. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    Well heres a question. Is this thread really necessary? Power of The Primes will ultiize the Combiner Wars system into it's deluxes and voyagers, and will include the Titan/Prime Master system into it's Prime Masters, Legends, and leaders. So do you post a few Titanmaster and leaders in this thread and the CW figures in the CW thread? What about the TR thread? There is going to be a shit ton of overlapping.
    What when POTP started we just merged all three threads into a super Mega-thread for te Prime Wars Trilogy?

11. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    Ehhhhhhhhhhh. I think we should just go by the name on the boxes.

• Like Like x 4
  12. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

POTP has its own gimmick with the leader class toys. There are also more undiscovered features these toys have. I already appreciate the line for giving me Rodimus PRIME. Not hot rod (even though he's there) BUT RODIMUS PRIME. PROPER. Also being super smart and giving us Dreadwind and Darkwing out of the CW Arielbots. Those are a shocker. They look AWESOME. Atypical Decepticon JET GOONS. TR has Trigger-happy and his many remolds. now we got POTP with the wing bros. and they combine. Not just from the combiner pegs. but they perform a function from the G1 toys and beloved Masterforce fiction. They come with new guns and molding. I just can't wait for them...

• Like Like x 1
  13. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

And to add, today was a rough day for me personally. A friend of mine was killed during a street fight, and he was only 20 years old. I had to go to his wake. And these new toys pretty much cheered me up so I also appreciate that as well. I hope we see more Leader class toys come Hascon

14. DrJest

DrJest Crewdition Washout

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Pinterest:
    The deluxe could be his initial ape/robot mode and the leader version could be Optimal Optimus.

Can we also take a moment to appreciate that deluxes can apparently have light piping again? I'm digging Jazz. He doesn't seem more complex than a Combiner Wars car but he looks so good.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Space Skeletor

Space Skeletor On umpteenth levels of outdated memes.

The integration of Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime was semi-obvious (not trying to push that this was the case back then and now, but it almost feels like Warbot Defender/T30 Springer again), but I seriously really can't wait to see how they'll pull off Primal. Try to fit a gorilla in a gorilla? Have the gorilla use the larger body parts as a ride?

The clear parts on Jazz were a surprise, and it all looks to be good redeco material, like for Jackpot, and I even saw some ideas like Backstreet and Crasher.

16. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    Jazz looks so fucking awesome.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Eh, It's not my ideal, but I can live with it. Unless it shatters in my hands, or spits acid at me.

18. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    im glad im not the only one that spoted that, i have missed light piping for ages, it was such a thing with the toys for such a long time, when it stoped happening it just didnt seem the same

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    I'm a Starscream slut, so he'll be mine, the two Powermaster jets for Galvatronus, dunno bout Rodimus.

• Like Like x 1
  20. boxorak

boxorak Lovable Noob

Maybe Primal starts off as a gorilla, then combines with the larger parts to become Optimal Optimus?