Power of the Primes (PotP) Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TyrantGalvatron, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Axos

Axos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    not really, the PotP Hot Rod is seemingly much simpler, as his "primary" mode is Rodimus

2. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Exactly consider those two bought ;) 

3. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Yep I stand by my saying that I love this line solely because its giving me another chance at a Jazz & Starscream for my CHUG shelf since I missed out on their previous releases.

Add to it but I then can finally check off Dreadwind, Darkwing, Rodimus Prime, & Beachcomber as characters I need for my CHUG collection.. I am so excited to see what else is coming down the pipeline! The Prime Wars Trilogy has certainly quickened the completion of my CHUG collection.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    I'm trying to limit my consumption until after I can nail down a stable income, so I'm not going to go in on any of these right now. There are some opportunities to do characters I'm super duper into (like Deathsaurus) I would rather hold out for, especially since all the stars of this line are going to be Leader Class most likely.

If they do intend on doing the Thirteen (well, Twelve) as Prime Masters I may track down those to have a collection of little sarcophagi.

5. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    Not sure why this bothers you so much. May want to look in the mirror on that one.

Know what? If you don't like it then tough. Don't visit the thread. These boards could use alot more positivity in the form of an appreciation thread.

Also, point me in the direction of the rule that says that something has to be released and/or owned in order to be appreciated? That's right. There isn't one. And it's dumb to think there is.

Also, check the date on the Titans Return Appreciation thread. It came out in late 2015 which was more than 6 months before the official release. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

• Like Like x 5
  6. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    Time for me to join this thread. Very excited for the reveals. I find the different take on the titan master concept interesting. They're still heads but they're now pretenders among other things.

Very interested in the fact that Dreadwind and Darkwing are CW Arielbot retools. They look amazing, I do wonder if they can form a combined jet. If they aren't intended for any particular combiner, I think they're going to end up with my CW Cyclonus.

I'm trying to determine if Jazz is worth my time. I love the previous one, but this one has its charm. I'd be interested in seeing what reuses it gets though.

Right now I'm most excited for Rodimus. The smaller bot combining this the trailer isn't what I'd wanted in a Rodimus, but it looks good and also has me anticipating other power armor bots in the leader class.

• Like Like x 2
  7. TyrantGalvatron

News Credits:
    Thanks for sharing this. I hadn't seen it yet.

I love Titans Return Hot Rod. But, that deluxe looks even better. Wow.

This pic makes me want PotP Rodimus Prime even more.

• Like Like x 3
  8. TyrantGalvatron

News Credits:
    It is curious.

But, I LOVE TR Hot Rod and I'll be keeping it and getting PotP Rodimus Prime even though the newer deluxe looks better.

My display could use a Hot Rod (TR version) and a Rodimus Prime (PotP)

• Like Like x 2
  9. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because I would have said the same thing for that thread. Why does it bother you so much that it seems to bother me so much? So we can have another thread with a lot of spam posts that someone wanted to jump the gun and start so they could say hey it was me that started that thread. Because at this point any posts here are pretty much the same as those in the threads for the news article.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

I'm strangely on board with Jazz ( probably cause OMFG962RAWR) even though I have the superb United Jazz. (And RTS floating around in a bin somewhere. )

• Like Like x 1
  11. TyrantGalvatron

News Credits:
    You're wrong. Thank you. Have a nice night. I'll leave it at that. Because I don't want to perpetuate shit posts like yours.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    Unff, that Rodimus Prime looks good. But god damn, I wish they'd find a way to make panels on the underside of arms fold away or be less intrusive. That was my one gripe with Combiner Wars Rook.

• Like Like x 2
  13. TyrantGalvatron

News Credits:
    Also, I wanted this thread to be positive (I.E appreciative) to weed out all of the negative posts.

But, unfortunately on these boards, you can never completely escape that.

• Like Like x 2
  14. TyrantGalvatron

News Credits:
    When it comes to negativity at TFW2005

Sumpin.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Just incase anyons hasn't figures our the gimmick/fiction of the line yet. The Primes have created avatars for themselves that have awoken and become a manifestation of their power. The Matrix Frames come with removeabls cores because the Prime Masters like Leige Maximo aren't mean to turn into heads, they turn into alternate cores for the Matrix! So by doing this, and harnessing the Matrix, you will gain the Power of The Primes!
    IMG_5954.JPG
    IMG_5979.JPG
    IMG_5987.JPG

Absolute awesomeness! Leige Maximo's avatar being Skullgrin is a homage to his original design back in the G2 comics.

On a personal note I have always been enthralled by Primus, The Matrix, and the Thirteen so this is a dream come true for me! Ontop of that, Rodimus Prime is my favorite character and he's getting a new figure. Plus I've waited years for a proper voyager Starscream and I love this new Beefscream and am excited to see him in combined mode.

• Like Like x 17
  16. Space Skeletor

Space Skeletor On umpteenth levels of outdated memes.

I like how Hot Rod just straddles his trailer and bends over at the waist to form Rodimus Prime, both the genius of the engineering and the implications. The best thing I could have thought before now was a Fansproject Protector-style add-ons where it's just boots, arms that connect to the shoulder, add-on chest plate and new head.
    All of those basic symbols would look -ahem- prime for Functionalists.
    [​IMG]
    So, Primal's also getting the Leader class treatment? Gotta wonder how they'll pull the deluxe-->leader growth.

• Like Like x 6
  17. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

News Credits:
    It's a neat idea.

I'd prefer full figure representations of the Primes though. Just saying :D 

• Like Like x 2
  18. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

So the voyagers are combiner cores and the deluxes are limbs again? Not sure how I feel about that, Starscream looks like he could use some paint though.

19. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Now to track down a CW Mirage... one step closer to Masquerage Not-Menasor.

• Like Like x 2
  20. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, not gonna lie, I'm looking forward to buying Dreadwind and Darkwing, THEN importing Buster and Hydra!

• Like Like x 1