Power of the Primes (PotP) Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TyrantGalvatron, Jul 20, 2017.

1. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    So my intial thoughts...
    It looks great and I'm really exicited. I'm so glad there's some variation of the Titan Master gimmick. I have truly come to love that size class and I'd have be quite dismayed not to see anything comparable after TR wave 6. Using them to update the pretender gimmick is inspired. Skullgrin! 'mazing! The panel hinted at Bludgeon too! Sure I'd love to see a leaderclass Bludgeon but I'll be all over this! So we're probabaly going to get around 17-18 Titan Master size class toys in Titans Return. That'd give us all 12 of the '88 'humanoid' Pretenders plus the six 'small' Pretenders from '89? I doubt Hasbro will be so predictable but I'm already hyped for a little Octopunch and a Little Longtooth. I love how they've made a powermaster and a pretender the same thing. Clever, confounding bastards!
    The deluxe gimmick is so wide that we can see pretty much anyone. It wouldn't shock me if we got a few more 'classic' 84/85 crew, what with Starscream and Jazz showing up. That Jazz looks lovely, if a bit simple in 'bot mode. I notice he's using a similar elbow joint to the TR clones. I wonder how he scales against other deluxes. Are the PotP maybe going to be a bit smaller to accomodate armour? Surely not if 'Blackwing' and Dreadwind are major retools of the CW Aerialbots.
    Voyager Seekers! Fuck yeah. On first glance it looks a bit plain and simple in jet mode but I look forward to seeing more.
    No radical departures for the Legends class figures. And here I was expecting Beachcomber in TR wave 6. much like Seaspray he looks almost masterpiece in his 'toon accuracy and all the better for it.
    That Rodimus is boiling my brain. I really, really want to see how the Deluxe element looks on it's own. The leaderclass Matrix gimmick looks like great fun in the same spirit as the Titan Masters were.
    No Beast Wars, Dinobots, or Predacons...as yet. Maybe we are all kidding ourselves. But a throwback like Jazz does make me wonder.
    So even though I'm finding the character choices that we've seen surprisngly conventional I'm incredibly excited. I imagine I'll spend the weekend speculating like crazy...even though the theme is so broad that they could do...pretty much anyone

• Like Like x 7
  2. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    @barry here is the solo Hot Rod figure. Confusingly they show him with the Rodimus alt mode. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  3. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gimmicks a bit boring, gonna go back on my statement and say if they don't show Predacon or Abominus at Hascon instead of SDCC then they don't intend to do one.

I like Jazz and Beachcomber! Would of prefered a voyager Rodimus Prime to go with Galvatron but its still a good figure. The Voyager Starscream is zzz

• Like Like x 1
  4. DaftRaider

DaftRaider Sir Not-a-Decepticon

I would love if they came out with a boxset for this line that contained all 13 of the Original Primes, in various size classes.

Expensive, but would be awesome.

5. bluesymetal

bluesymetal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think Starscream looks great. I might sell my Igear raptor and get him and the other seekers once they come out. Also I know he's more titans return but I'll probably be getting overlord. I think Rodimus looks great as well. Jazz looks cool but I think I like RTS better first look. Definitely an exciting start!

6. dirtmodeler

dirtmodeler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm just wondering why TFSOURCE doesn't already have pre-orders up... they usually do what seems like minutes after an announcement :) 

7. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    I will buy starscream but I will do a custom tr to Accompany him. Love the deluxe I hope dreadwind combines with cw stuff

8. Jhund

Jhund Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Jazz and beachcomber ftw , ... but that Popeye armed starscream with cw magnus legs zzzz was hoping for something with takara's ghost starscream Titan master .

9. Axos

Axos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well he has the standard CW peg in his chest

10. Ch40sKnight

Ch40sKnight Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Geez, did Hasbro just purposely make the TR version obsolete?

• Like Like x 3
  11. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Bring on the pics of Primal.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Axos

Axos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    not really, the PotP Hot Rod is seemingly much simpler, as his "primary" mode is Rodimus

13. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Exactly consider those two bought ;) 

14. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Yep I stand by my saying that I love this line solely because its giving me another chance at a Jazz & Starscream for my CHUG shelf since I missed out on their previous releases.

Add to it but I then can finally check off Dreadwind, Darkwing, Rodimus Prime, & Beachcomber as characters I need for my CHUG collection.. I am so excited to see what else is coming down the pipeline! The Prime Wars Trilogy has certainly quickened the completion of my CHUG collection.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    I'm trying to limit my consumption until after I can nail down a stable income, so I'm not going to go in on any of these right now. There are some opportunities to do characters I'm super duper into (like Deathsaurus) I would rather hold out for, especially since all the stars of this line are going to be Leader Class most likely.

If they do intend on doing the Thirteen (well, Twelve) as Prime Masters I may track down those to have a collection of little sarcophagi.

16. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Not sure why this bothers you so much. May want to look in the mirror on that one.

Know what? If you don't like it then tough. Don't visit the thread. These boards could use alot more positivity in the form of an appreciation thread.

Also, point me in the direction of the rule that says that something has to be released and/or owned in order to be appreciated? That's right. There isn't one. And it's dumb to think there is.

Also, check the date on the Titans Return Appreciation thread. It came out in late 2015 which was more than 6 months before the official release. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

• Like Like x 4
  17. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    Time for me to join this thread. Very excited for the reveals. I find the different take on the titan master concept interesting. They're still heads but they're now pretenders among other things.

Very interested in the fact that Dreadwind and Darkwing are CW Arielbot retools. They look amazing, I do wonder if they can form a combined jet. If they aren't intended for any particular combiner, I think they're going to end up with my CW Cyclonus.

I'm trying to determine if Jazz is worth my time. I love the previous one, but this one has its charm. I'd be interested in seeing what reuses it gets though.

Right now I'm most excited for Rodimus. The smaller bot combining this the trailer isn't what I'd wanted in a Rodimus, but it looks good and also has me anticipating other power armor bots in the leader class.

• Like Like x 1
  18. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    The wing bros can indeed combine in jet mode.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TyrantGalvatron

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Thanks for sharing this. I hadn't seen it yet.

I love Titans Return Hot Rod. But, that deluxe looks even better. Wow.

This pic makes me want PotP Rodimus Prime even more.

• Like Like x 2
  20. TyrantGalvatron

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    It is curious.

But, I LOVE TR Hot Rod and I'll be keeping it and getting PotP Rodimus Prime even though the newer deluxe looks better.

My display could use a Hot Rod (TR version) and a Rodimus Prime (PotP)

• Like Like x 1