Power of the Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Optimus Prime, Dec 27, 2017.

1. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Had a gift card burning a hole in my pocket, so picked him up.

He's decent enough. Really wish they had just done this gimmick for Headmaster Optimus. Made a voyager Orion and a standalone Leader Optimus.

Still, I like him but he does feel incredibly cheap compared to TR leaders. We just need a plain old gimmickless Prime that doesn't cost a $160.

5/10.

2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I got this recently. In person I can see even more why this is pretty much MP10 Jr in my eyes.

Pretty playable, it's hand candy for me. Never before as a child did I think we would ever get an Orion Pax figure that could "evolve" into Optimus Prime. This wasn't something I ever asked for but it's a childhood dream I never had, come true!

I don't mind the grey as much but I wish the red was more crimson, something dangerous. Instead Hasbro chose watermelon red. The blue is okay but I would've preferred pale animation greyish blue.

Articulation is good and mirrors MP10...even the hindered hips due to the groinplate(again?! Wtf?!). Ankles could've used detents for forward/backward motion, I worry about them loosening in the future. Adequate so far, crossing fingers. A waist swivel would've helped. Due to transformation, this does have butterfly shoulder hinges.

Transformation is straight forward, didn't have to really refer to the instructions. It's fairly intuitive. I wish the trailer turned into something aside from a body. What is it supposed to do when the can is in Orion mode? That's where I feel let down, missed opportunity there.

It's about time we got a leader Prime like this for the CHUG line. Better colors and more detents/ratchets would've made it better.

• Like Like x 5
  3. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    This figure is great. The only issue is the slightly derpy looking truck mode but it isn’t a huge issue.

Way better than TR power master prime. He will probably be my definitive classics Optimus.

• Like Like x 2
  4. sirK

sirK Member

Just opened this on Saturday (happy birthday to me) and was bummed that Orion's legs will not stay attached at the hip joint. Pretty much any movement and they just come off. Is anyone else having this issue?

5. MadMaximus

MadMaximus Well-Known Member

No.
    Pics? Maybe I can help

6. sirK

sirK Member

CAD65EE9-2C33-48B9-9898-4EE312472063.jpeg 49FA39B6-0C01-46C5-B04E-BAB237C85C2F.jpeg F8CD1FDD-E0D8-41DF-9C33-D926E4B78DF1.jpeg 056DE13E-3DD9-4578-B08B-230EDB41EE83.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  7. MadMaximus

• Like Like x 1
  8. sirK

sirK Member

Yeah, I don’t think the super glue trick will work. The joints aren’t loose. When they stay on, they stay in place firmly. It’s just an issue when I move them at all. I’ll buy a replacement and exchange it when I find one. I was just curious if anyone else had seen this issue.

9. MadMaximus

Ah I see. That sounds like bad molding. Mine is good and I have never heard of this before

10. dolomitex

dolomitex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You might have a bit of excess plastic pressed down inside the actual socket, which is just enough to pop the leg off when moving it. My OP's right leg had a little extra that I used a small pocket knife to cut out. Since then, it has been much better.

• Like Like x 2
  11. sirK

sirK Member

I don't see anything in the socket, and it's a problem with both hip joints.

12. madhatprime

madhatprime Call me: Ghostprime

News Credits:
    I have the same issue, only on just one leg. I'm not sure of a way to fix it. I pointed it out in my review of him here:

• Like Like x 3
  13. Beemer

Beemer Well-Known Member

I hope they're sending Floro Dery a paycheck for this figure, Orion is just too cool.

Definitely gonna have to do some repainting of this guy, chrome wheels, blue on the legs, and may some red on the sides of the shoulders so they're less silver. The non-matching red paint is glitching my OCD, but the play value of this thing is out of the park. Got me back into TransFormers after a several-year hiatus!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm actually really impressed with this guy. My main issues with Titans Return Prime was the panely legs that were hard to pose since the panels fought for the same space, and the way he could barely hold his weapons. This guy, on the other hand, speaks to my need for something that isn't fiddely. Maybe Orion is a little, but the larger Prime is totally solid. I mean, not literally, but all the joints work and he holds his gun just fine and his feet are so poseable that he stands super easy. He also looks different enough from MP 10 to feel like he fits in with a more modern set of figures instead of just G1. He's Up there with FE Voyager Prime from TF Prime, ROTF Leader Prime, Cybertron Leader Prime, and Classics Voyager Prime as one of my favorite standard line Primes.

• Like Like x 2
  15. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    I'm really starting to dislike this guy. First I have to exchange my first one because the ankle disintegrates on the second transformation. Fortunately it was 2 days later and I still had the packaging.

Now I messed up the transformation sequence and broke one of the locking tabs off an arm panel, which means there's going to be a noticeable gap in his trailer. I can't in good conscience exchange this one - this was my own fault. But it seems like a rather poor transformation that missing one step results in a break! The concept is awesome, but the execution makes this IMO one of the worst Optimus Primes, right down there with MP01 and Hybrid Style.

20180224_145856595_iOS.jpg 20180224_145910871_iOS.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Makarov

Makarov Well-Known Member

This guy leaves me smiling and satisfied. So much fun factor

• Like Like x 1
  17. GohanX

GohanX Well-Known Member

I picked up Optimus on a whim and I gotta say, when I get him in my hand I love him way more than I thought I would. The truck is a bit on the derp side, but I'm okay with leaving him in Prime robot mode semi permanently with occasionally pulling out Orion. My little girl likes playing with Orion Pax by itself, probably because Prime is too big for her and she can't transform him by herself.

Dunno if anyone cares, but here's a really bad pic of Optimus next to DX-9 Carry. I worried that Carry would be too tall but they actually look good together. Carry is a hair taller but spreading his legs a little while getting Optimus to stand straight up fixes that. I still plan on getting POTP Rodimus if I can find him, but none of the stores around here have him.

primes.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  18. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

I hope we get the obvious Nemesis Prime repaint (either as a unrevealed Wave 4 Spot, or as a Takara repaint)

• Like Like x 1
  19. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I just realized that I forgot to post feedback here even though I've had OP for a couple of weeks now.

I never intended on getting this figure. I have KuBianBao's MP-10V which is all the Optimus Prime I'll ever need.

But, I was at a Walmart one day when I saw the headsculpt on PotP Optimus Prime. That was enough for me to immediately leave the store with him.

And boy am I glad I did. Sure the truck mode has its problems. But it's still a really fun mode.

Bot modes (both of them) is really where this figure shines. This figure is worth picking up just for Orion Pax. He's seriously that good. Looks like Floro Dery artwork come to life. He's also posable and fun.

Then there's Optimus Prime. If I had to describe him in. One word, it's fantastic. The smooth transition getting Orion Pax in and out of Optimus Prime mode is sublime. So simple. So smooth.

The sculpting on Optimus Prime is just gorgeous. The headsculpt looks exactly like the G1 animation. The whole design looks like a cross between MP-01 Optimus Prime and MP-10 Optimus Prime with a little bit of Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime thrown in there (the trailer panels specifically).

Optimus' articulation also makes him fun to pose and play with.

If you can pick up only one Leader Class figure in the PotP line, and yeah I know Optimal Optimus looks great too, definitely pick up PotP Evolution Mode Optimus Prime.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  20. axl6533

axl6533 metal forever

News Credits:
    I want to get this guy but the one at Walmart has a chunk of paint on his shoulder took off if I did buy him what paint can use to fix it