Power of the Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Optimus Prime, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    If you actually have the picture on your PC/Phone/Whatever. Just do the "Upload a file" at the bottom and select it.

2. PrimeDaddy16112723

PrimeDaddy16112723 G 1 Till All Are One.

20180123_120048.jpg 20180123_120048.jpg 20180123_115937.jpg 20180123_115910.jpg 20180123_120212.jpg 20180123_120143.jpg

Not sure why they are all sideways but better than nothing i guess.

This is my nemesis prime custom.

• Like Like x 4
  3. PrimeDaddy16112723

Thanks so much for the advice.

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    If you open the pictures in paint then immediately save it and close it, that will fix the orientation when it posts. You can also do thumbnails that then enlarge when the users click on the pictures to see the more full sized versions, rather then forcing everyone to see the larger pictures (that's up to your discretion; if I'm posting one or two pictures that may have been requested, I'll go full size, but if I'm doing a mini-gallery, I'll do thumbnails).

• Like Like x 1
  5. PrimeDaddy16112723

Thanks again.

6. WarInTheFloor

WarInTheFloor Well-Known Member

Man the stickers on mine looks great... smooth and put on better than I would have done it in all honesty.

Also if your sis at LL loose in any way just take a screw driver and crank down on any screw you can find... Mine had about three god turns left on every screw I found and now he feels solid and tight and WAY more explosive and high quality.... hell Until I did it I didn't even realize he had those chunky pow pow ratchets in his hips.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ultramagnus1

ultramagnus1 Well-Known Member

Finally got him. Just wow. IMG_20180126_192332.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Mine arrived yesterday and I'm very satisfied. It's not perfect but it looks good enough to be my Optimus until Takara makes a new MP version. Alternate mode is his weak point, especially the rear of the cab, while the trailer doesn't bother me much. From a qc standpoint, my only remark is that some stickers go in the way of the tab slots for the trailer panels, apart from that nothing is too tight or too loose.

9. BidoofdudeofOz

BidoofdudeofOz The Stench of Discovery

Damn, these pictures are making me want this Optimus really bad. CW voyager does seem a bit small on my shelf, I might go for this guy.

10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I think this figure is a victim of timing. Had it been released before the Prime Wars trilogy I think it would've been in more demand. Not a knock against the figure itself. Love how it has multiple 5mm ports to use. Once it's more easily found locally I'll pick one up.

• Like Like x 1
  11. philby

philby Well-Known Member

I'm not buying this as I mainly stick to the MP line but I have to say the combined bot mode looks brilliant. I could forgive compromises in Orion cab mode and truck/trailer mode for those 2 bot modes. I am wow'ed at how good that looks for a non-MP figure. Great stuff!

• Like Like x 1
  12. BigTFTrev

BigTFTrev Well-Known Member

News Credits:

[​IMG]

Robot Mode – Optimus Prime

[​IMG]
    Chunkified!
    I think a bit of bulk suits both characters quite nicely. Both are well proportioned and able to perform a decent amount of poseablity. Optimus resembles his Powermaster incarnation a bit more than his original incarnation but given his trailer makes up the bulk of his body, this is forgivable and perhaps even to be expected.

[​IMG]
    ‘Optimus knows the score’
    Both characters carry a Matrix of Leadership within them in their Prime modes. Optimus’ one resides in his chest as to be expected.

Robot Mode – Orion Pax
    [​IMG]
    ‘Before they were stars’
    The Orion Pax toy looks more like he did in the original G1 cartoon than any other Orion toy I have seen to date – the screen dominating his chest piece and the sculpted head going a long way towards doing so. The larger rifles from the bigger bots split in half to become two guns apiece for the precarnations and once again there is decent poseability here and the proportions are nice.

[​IMG]
    Bloody teenagers – always depressed
    The only thing – why do they both look so serious and miserable? If I remember they were both pretty happy characters before being dumped into their leadership roles.

Prime Vehicle Mode

[​IMG]

Always nice to get an Optimus’ sporting a trailer. The back of the truck cab has a lot of kibble and looks frankly bollocks from the side and back but the front view is fine. It lacks the big grey smokestacks that the robot has – it’s odd that the robot mode has truck kibble that is not used for the actual truck. The trailer looks quite good and you can imbed his rifle in the middle. The toy rolls and mauvers well. What I found quite disappointing was that Orion Pax didn't get his own unique alt-mode - it's just Prime's cab minus the trailer.

• Like Like x 2
  13. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

Actually does anyone have a Dr. Wu Skybreaker and does it look good with POTP Optimus? I think aside from the ion cannon he needs a proper Star Saber.

14. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He is so hollow that I don't know. Maybe with a big discount.

15. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

So I wanna say first off that it's clear I'm not the target market for this thing. It's aimed at the younger crowd, and I think from that standpoint it's definitely good enough. The transformation is simple but satisfying (at least for the trailer), the build quality on my sample is great, and I think if I was 8 I would be over the moon at getting this.

But.

The cab mode is the worst looking alt mode for a mainline Prime that I can remember. It's just a hot mess. It doesn't help that, on mine, Orion's chest plate does not fold down flat to allow further tweaks to the transformation. I've looked closely at the joint and the clearances, and I don't think it's a misassembly; it just isn't designed to do that without physical hacks.

Yeah, the figures themselves look great in bot mode ... but if you're leaving a figure in bot mode, it's basically an Action Master, and that's not what I want.

I'm really, really curious to see if any 3rd parties will attempt to redo the Orion Pax figure (much like they've repeatedly redone Cerberos for Fort Max). On the face of it, it's a VERY hard engineering problem, because you have to somehow do everything the core figure already does, but also add or change parts to make the cab mode actually look like a cab. (And also, whatever you come up with is going to cost way more than the original figure.)

I'm also concerned about the friction joints in the knees. They're nice and stiff on mine, but the Rodimus I got basically falls over without support. Over time, I suspect the same thing will happen to Optimus.

-XCN-

• Like Like x 1
  16. World of Depth

World of Depth 3D chronicler

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Noticed what I think is a small but significant detail about this guy's transformation… So sometimes the Orion Pax chestplate doesn't close properly when the matrix is in there, because the head (either Orion's or Prime's, depending on which mode) bumps into the back of the matrix. But I found that everything fits if you have:

• matrix with Prime Master-like head peg on TOP for Optimus Prime mode (Orion Pax head inside chest)
    • matrix with head peg on BOTTOM for Orion Pax & alt modes (Optimus Prime head inside chest)

This is different than the directions, which only show the matrix upside-down; of course, it fits both ways.

Anyone else already notice this? Or anyone feel like trying this out and confirming whether it feels the same on your copy? I'm curious.

Also, a smaller thing: I was having some trouble with feet/ankle stability, but found if you hinge the feet as far back as possible, it helps a lot. Great and fun figure overall!

• Like Like x 1
  17. World of Depth

World of Depth 3D chronicler

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    XCN, is that with the matrix inside, or not, or both? Maybe try my suggestion above?

18. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I got him for Orion Pax but like both of the bot modes. A pic with MP-10.

20180128_142540-1.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  19. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

No, I've not had any issues closing the chest plate, with or without matrix. The issue is that it won't sit flat against the legs when it's open, and as near as I can tell it's not meant to without quite a bit of plastic shaving around that joint (which would make Orion's bot mode look awful).

There's probably a bunch of sample variance here, as there's lots of photos in the thread showing the plate lower on the legs than I can physically get it.

In any case, I don't feel the fan transformations do enough to make the cab mode actually look like a cab. After thinking it over, my suspicion is that, IF 3rd parties choose to do anything about this, it'll probably be some sort of rear cab cover add-on accessory that pegs into the fists, rather than a full figure. If they're feeling really generous, it could be a cover that transforms into a shield or something. Because the head doubles as the trailer hitch, any such accessory would be limited in the amount it can cover by design; it would still be better than nothing. We'll see.

-XCN-

• Like Like x 2
  20. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Has anyone seen a good line-up pic with many or all of the official CHUG Primes?