Power of the Primes Leader Class Rodimus Prime/Hot Rod

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Kaiwera05, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Chcuky

Chcuky Member

20180411_004714[1].jpg
    With the DS Arsenal upgrade.. great figure all in....

• Like Like x 2
  2. KittoKatsu

KittoKatsu Well-Known Member

9FD3AD20-7711-4B3D-949B-C25A61BA2598.jpeg
    I like them together in vehicle modes.

• Like Like x 6
  3. UltraMagnanimus

UltraMagnanimus Fully Articulated. NOW WITH LIGHTS AND SOUNDS!

Anybody come up with a way to fix the shoulder articulation yet? Shapeways? Customizers?
    Anyone?..Anyone?........Bueller.........Bueller......

4. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

I don't mind the shoulders, but I'd love a fix for Hot Rod's backpack.

5. coybrafett

coybrafett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just knock 2 pins out like I did. He becomes sort of a parts former in vehicle mode but I never use that anyway.

6. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Went through the thread and seems mines the only one with knee issues. Its not loose on its own but mine wont hold up when posing due to the figure being back heavy. Even standing up straight I've to lean him forward a bit.

Also car spoiler wont tab in robot mode. Bummer. Was looking forward to this guy.

7. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My stickers are holding strong so I just keep them and added some reprolabels. Helps the care mode a lot.

20180604_213253_01.jpg 20180604_213340_01.jpg 20180604_213645_01.jpg 20180604_220056_01.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  8. Jerrimus

Jerrimus BOSS

Ebay:
    Saw this in a random image search on google lol. Tried it when I got home, and although it LOOKS better, it becomes problematic if you wish to actually pose the arms, then that fix starts to move around, or hinders it altogether. If you are gonna just pose him standing plainly, it will work.

• Like Like x 1
  9. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    picked him up in a store and just couldn't throw down the coin. I've been waiting for a Rodimus Prime since Classics was but a twinkle in Aaron Archer's eye, but this guy is just too compromised in every mode. :(  despite his issues Classics Hot Rod still reigns. (now, both TR and POTP have done some things better, but i still think they haven't matched to total package, and the OG Classics STILL has a lot of problems)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Forge

Forge Well-Known Member

Do you just keep the back-butt-pack as a parts forming when you transform him to cybertron dump truck? If you do, how stable is he?

11. coybrafett

coybrafett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I have had in in dump truck mode maybe 1 time. To answer your question, the truck is now a parts former and the hinges that the pins were in have enough friction to hold them in place in addition to the tabs that were used before so yes, it is stable, plus there is less wear and tear on the flame stickers.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Yea it just feels like an incomplete figure. There's so much unused potential with this figure. The matrix should've had 5mm handles. The shoulders in combined mode should've been able to pivot outwards at the actual shoulder rather than locked/blocked into place. The hands sticking out in Winnebago mode can be an eyesore, like a reminder to me that this is an incomplete design. It's almost as if the figure was 3/4 of the way done when Hasbro cut the budget.

• Like Like x 2
  13. artiepants

News Credits:
    .and why can't they get the pipes/blasters right??? it's a fairly simple design.
    The crappy G1 toy is probably the closest (but they are really short)...

14. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In this toy's case, I don't think the "inaccuracy" to the original pipe design is due to lack of ability, but because how they need to serve dual purpose. If they tapered properly, then they wouldn't "connect" in the "armoured" vehicle mode. MP-09 had a way of transforming the pipes to hide the tapered ends, but that extra bit of engineering wouldn't cost out on a general retail toy.

• Like Like x 1
  15. artiepants

News Credits:
    yeah, but POTP Rodimus doesn't even make them connect. the big pipes are just bizarrely hanging off the sides going no where (they even look kind of like they are upside down in his alt mode)... so the Hot Rod portion not having properly sculpted pipes seems even lazier.

16. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They "connect" in that they at least sit right up next to each other. Yeah, the actual ducting wouldn't work if the toy were real, but the toy is all about concessions needed to make four separate modes work. It would have looked even worse if the pipes tapered off.

17. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I feel like the designer had a lot of great intent for this design but time or budget got cut short. It's just a few steps away from being great. Had these issues been rectified:
    • Loose knees in combined mode
    • Shoulder joints in combined mode not able to pivot outward at the actual shoulder(yes you can use the collarbone joint but it's seated so far in that it looks weird, unlike similar designs like on TR Sixshot)
    • Exposed combined hands in alt mode
    I would've been a lot happier. Now granted there aren't many issues but those few bring the toy down for me.

18. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, the shoulder joint as it is does look odd, but I am actually more bothered by the fin restricting actual rotation of the arm forward if you have the shoulder moved up at all. That's actually my main complaint about this toy.

I still like this figure, and I think he's worth getting, but I agree with everyone that he had potential to be much greater. Rodimus Prime still feels like a character that has never gotten a truly satisfying toy even after an MP and a Leader class.

• Like Like x 2
  19. artiepants

News Credits:
    for as many times as they've gone after him, really Hot Rod too. I mean, both Classics and Titans Return are DECENT, but also have serious drawbacks/issues. (the low, off-model fin on TR just kills it for me)

• Like Like x 2
  20. herugrim

herugrim N/A

Ebay:
    Picked this guy up when I saw him at wal-mart and I'm happy.

Honestly I already had Fansproject along with good versions of the film/season 3 cast and I was happy but the engineering in TR Blurr and Kup lured me back and Rodimus Prime closed the deal. We haven't had an actual Rodimus since Titanium and that one, well, sucked.

The engineering is really interesting. More involved then Optimus was. Manages to successfully turn an authentic looking and articulated Hot Rod into an authentic looking, articulated, and beefy Rodimus Prime and featuing both alt modes as well. Kinda wish we had a proper base mode for the trailer but that would've pushed it into Masterpiece price range so I'm still happy.

Rodimus Unicronus and Nemesis Prime also look really good. I just wish we had gotten a couple more of these. Star Saber and Thunderwing were perfect for this line. Major missed opportunity.