Power of the Primes Episode 10: “Saga’s End”

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Stardust262, Jul 3, 2018.

1. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it should have just been a series of animated shorts. not this cutting edge windows xp computer graphic shit. they could have done so much more and it also would have given a decent writer more creative freedoms.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't disagree on that point... but I still stand by what I posted.

3. AnimeColossus

AnimeColossus Buyer of Expensive Figures

I didn't watch any of this past titans return and I'm still glad its over.

• Like Like x 3
  4. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

Yep, Predaking was killed easily (seriously, why do combiners outside of the G1 cartoon so often get treated like jobbers), Solus Prime continued to be useless until it was time for her to take Megatronus down, and they talk about how Optimus Prime coming back made sense when it really didn't. Whatever. I will say that the Movie parallels were kinda fun, and that it is nice seeing Optimus Prime mentor Optimus Primal (even if he's Optimus Primal in name only), and the ghost of Starscream made for an interesting cliffhanger, hinting at what could be a vastly better series than what we actually got.

Still, I accept that it was my choice to watch this series, and I have only myself to blame for my displeasure. I'm just glad it's over and done with. I pray that, if a cartoon is made for the next Generations trilogy, Hasbro puts it in the hands of people with a lot more talent and respect for the characters, and who understand that adult storytelling is more than allowing Megatron to curse.

• Like Like x 6
  5. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

Because aside from Megatron and the Dinobots, he was the only other enjoyable character in this mess of a series.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Oh hey this one has Predaking; since the series is made to promote the toyline which his figure is the flagship product of, I bet he’ll do something really cool!

Oh nope, just another ‘hi and die’ Combiner.

• Like Like x 11
  7. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

Because now you changed your mind on Energon?

• Like Like x 1
  8. NominusDP

NominusDP Liking Shockwave is very logical

YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    ...dear God no.
    These shows at least had...some effort

• Like Like x 5
  9. conleyh2006

conleyh2006 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I wonder if we will ever get a leader class megatronus figure that resembles this series

• Like Like x 3
  10. ilovebw

ilovebw Well-Known Member

honestly i feel sad when megatron decided to sacrifice himself... this is not a prime wars trilogy, this is a \'old megs turned good\' trilogy to me, especially in POTP. combiners and titans didnt hit me very much, so did new guys like mistress flame or Victorion, but in POTP, we have an emotional, responsible and powerful megatron. the tank fight from ep6 between megatron and overlord impressed me the most. i really hope he didnt die in the end.
    btw, has the story ended? our old friend starscream showed in the end makes me wonder about this. i heard about hasbro would have a new WFC trilogy next year, is that a sequel to prime wars trilogy? if it isnt then what would be?

• Like Like x 1
  11. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    What I love most is how go90 could never ever keep video and audio in sync. They deserved to be shut down long before the end of this month.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Cyborgraptor

Cyborgraptor Well-Known Member

0/10 Bad show.

Ron Perlman never turned into an ape

• Like Like x 5
  13. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal YouTuber (she/they)‍️‍

News Credits:
    Perceptor: "Those sparks will bring life to a new generation of Transformers".
    BEAST WARS?! You mean Beast Wars don't you?! Beast Wars is next, right?! Maximals and Predacons? Oh, please! Let the next series/toyline, War for Cybertron or whatever name they recycle, just let it be Beasties themed. It's time for the TNG of Transformers to have it's time in the spotlight.

Megatron's whole thing was great. The Matrix of Chaos going to him. The movie lines. Megatron's sacrifice. It was awesome! Pour one out for old Megs. One thing though, Grimlock, Perceptor, and Windblade could have fucking MOVED! Holy shit! They stood right behind Megatron. If the Matrix of Chaos didn't take 100% of the Requiem Blaster's...blast, surely they would have been destroyed too.

Optimus Prime crawling out of the Well of Allsparks didn't make one lick of sense to me. Honestly, for a split second, I thought it was Megatron crawling out of it. This show's Megatron being reborn as Beast Megatron to go with Optimal Optimus would have have more sense to me than Optimus Prime crawling out. Just seemed like the writers want to have Optimus Prime and Optimus Primal side-by-side. Which would have been awesome if they got Garry Chalk to voice him in the first place. But sadly they did not. Which makes me think, have we EVER gotten the G1 cast and the BW cast in the same production? No, never! Could you imagine if we had a show with Peter Cullen, Frank Welker, Garry Chalk, and David Kaye reprising their iconic roles? Now that would incredible!

Nonetheless, even though he wasn't voiced by Uncle Garry, seeing Primal and Prime walking side-by-side was pretty cool. Autobot and Maximal symbols on their shoulders.

Also, the AXALON! OMG! YES! Please tell me Primal gets his crew of plucky new Maximals and they go off exploring space in the next series.

Overall, I think this episode is a fitting end to this trilogy. It demonstrates what Machinima can do when they get it right: see Megatron's sacrifice. But it also shows it's glaring flaws. The whole "sparks killed by Megatronus's machine are gone forever" thing seemed complete unnecessary. Even then, how many sparks were actually lost when his machine was fully functioning? And by fully functioning, I mean had all 3 MacGuffins installed in it: The Matrix of Leadership, the Enigma of Combination, and the Requiem Blaster. To the best of my recollection, no Transformer died when all three were in the machine. The first Transformers who died, Menasor and Devastator, we saw their sparks go into the Well, but even then Megatronus only had the Enigma and the Matrix. So I assumed that was just their sparks joining the Allspark as they would normally. It would have made more sense if they were diverted to Megatronus's machine and it absorbed them instead. Very confusing how this series handles sparks and death.

This episode also demonstrates the limits of doing 3D animation over 2D on such a limited budget. When the Matrix of Chaos tried to take over Megatron, it would have been cool to see him turn into, or at least start to turn into Galvatron. Or maybe just some sort of quick flashback to when he was Galvatron. But that would have meant creating an entirely new model just for that scene. When Perceptor had that line about spark bringing life to a new generation of Transformers, I just imagined a scene of various Maximals and Predacons waking up from being born, similar to the end of Beast Machines of all the Transformers running over the horizon. But again, that would have required a dozen or so new models. Same when Prime and Primal are having their little walk and chat. They're just in this big empty hanger. They could have had some Maximals and/or Autobots, even some Predacons/Decepticons, walking in the background carrying crates or something. But again, new models.

If there's another show or another trilogy after this, the number one thing I'd hope for is a bigger budget. More money to hire better writers, better animators, more character models, more of the original cast back to play their characters like Garry Chalk or Paul Eiding, etc. Although Wil Weaton did do a fine job as Perceptor. Just overall, a better show. You can tell at points they were really trying, but most of the time it's just shit.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Thundermania

Thundermania Banned

"Old Man Megatron"

• Like Like x 5
  15. Slingshot

Slingshot Back In the Game

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yes, because it would’ve been great to have everyone die and burn in Hell. :rolleyes: 
    I’m not that cynical anymore, at least I don’t try to be.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    I'm going to mix some bleach into my Whiskey and pour directly into my eyes after that....

• Like Like x 2
  17. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Face it, we're doomed.

News Credits:
    I COULD forgive the bad animation & voice acting, but I CANOT forgive the bad writing/pacing. This at times felt like watching a DBZ power-up scene. The plot was dull, and did little to promote the toyline, in fact, the main gimmicks of all 3 lines were almost 100% ignored!

• Like Like x 4
  18. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    The way their heads moved while talking was like a bad episode of South Park set in Canada..

• Like Like x 3
  19. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While the show may be over, and the ending was unexpected, I’ll definitely remember this version of Megatron.

• Like Like x 3
  20. jbot

jbot Disciple of A3

News Credits:
    Beast Machines is an absolute masterpiece compared to this turd of a trilogy. I blame the writing more than anything. Beast Wars has seriously dated animation now, but it's still revered because the plot is so darn good. The triple travesty we just witnessed will always be an embarrassing hairy mole that the fandom will try hard not to stare at in repulsion.

• Like Like x 4