Power Of The Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus Prototype In-Hand Pictures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Sep 10, 2017.

1. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

The biggest issue is that you have to get 2 limbs "deluxes" to have those hands at all to fill out the torso specifically from the potp line.
    An option to have grimlock combine with 4 cw limbs leaves you with a thin torso....
    How is that for compatibility with the 2 previous lines?
    Seemingly forced to buy at least a voyager and 2 deluxes to have what you need.
    Not that I will be combining but that is not how the line is introduced...

2. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With Beachcomber into Jaguara?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    Looks like they should have named him Floppymessticus.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I actually did get two CW Cyclonus figures. But I think I'll keep an eye for those purple jets.

5. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably not. Takara doesn't really put legends in the UW boxsets. + I dont think theirs a way too incorporate him with a combiner. Would be cool tho

6. UltraMagnanimus

UltraMagnanimus Fully Articulated

Wow. I was really psyched when I first saw the small blurry shots of this but now we see the final train wreck, Damn, its really a sad, blown opportunity.

It looks like the designer of TR Broadside took some acid and thought to himself, "They think broadside looks weird? Well wait til they get a load of this!!"
    The shoulder situation is a nightmare, the hips look pretty flimsy from the back and once again Hasbro failed to learn he lesson from CW that the combiner FEET should be BIGGER than the HANDS!
    Duh!
    All I can think is Perfect Effect must be lickin their chops at this, if they are brave enough to want to take on this mess that is.

I hope they do because I'll buy these for the dino bots at least, but it would be really great if someone can rescue the combined form for me.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Magneon Sentinel

Magneon Sentinel Cybertron's last defense

I don\'t feel good passing judgement on this guy. He\'s obviously very early in development and not really that sturdy. I mean if I had to say something, I guess he\'s kind of nicely complex looking, but that might just be the sheer amount of grey disguising the actual simplicity

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheAmazingBrave

TheAmazingBrave 吾輩は猫である!!!

I'm sure two HFG will work just fine in their place. I got two attached to Bruticus right now to beef out his torso.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ca12nag3

So if i want both bigger feet for stability and bulk i need 6 deluxe dinos... Or find a bloke that never intends to combine them to sell 2 of his hands online....how lame.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I have a thought. Hasbro have figured out a way to combine two POTP limb jets together. They should be able to attach a Deluxe jet to the combiner torso mode of a new Liokaiser. That way, you could have a six robot Liokaiser.

Of course, that could mean Starscream is a pretool with only two fellow team members.

11. Scott_XIII

Scott_XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm quite looking forward to having the Dinobots in hand, I do hope that torso can hold together though, looks a bit motormaster from the back.

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Bulked up torso, or extra foot stability?

SOLD.

• Like Like x 1
  13. usernamedustin

usernamedustin Banned

Hasbro wouldn't ever do anything to try to make you buy multiple figures. Where is the profit in trying to get people to buy several figures to complete a set? I can't believe that they don't just include the four limb dinobots as accessories for voyager Grimlock.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ca12nag3

Making a torso out of 2 deluxe+ figures is no big deal they did overlord. Which is 2 vehicles into 1. The only issue is marketing. You have to sell them as a 2 figure set or have a entire box set of 6 now takara has those all the time but hasbro is reluctant. Only the cw Liokaiser and cw computron were as box sets.
    Hasbro prefers scramble city. Which brings down the single unit price.
    Also i dunno but the simultaneous release of computron showed more favor for the slightly more expensive uw set. Which simply had better bots.
    And honestly im wondering if the sales of computron affected the release of liokaiser. If liokaiser was already in the pipeline and sales of cw computron sucked they might have pushed back on uw computron.
    The oddest thing is that liokaiser is a character more known in the japanese universe than the American. Yet wegot the cw liokaiser...

15. ca12nag3

Funny but i meant it as it is. Like with cyclonus you can buy whatever figure just to complete a set of your liking.
    You are not forced to stick to a single team.
    Yet in this case i have to see. Those hands have a specific design and most likely color. And you are thus more or less forced to get all those dinos just to get cohesion.

16. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The torso of Liokaiser is a jet and a dune buggy. So Beachcomber will do, attached to Starscream.

17. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, Liokaiser, unlike the others, always had 6 members. Takara tries to make its sets G1 accurate. G1 accurate means 6 members for Liokaiser.

• Like Like x 4
  18. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait, are there any photos of the torso without the extra fists bulking it up? I want to know what it would look like with as little extra kibble as possible.

19. Hellscream85

Hellscream85 Well-Known Member

Okay, gonna reiterate here, fuck combined mode on my dinobots.

But jeeeezus Christ is no one gonna rip on his teeny tiny feet? They look half the size of combined Wars footplates

20. Zress Tayasu

Zress Tayasu Axiom

\"*Nice poseability, similar to previous CW combiners.\"
    by which you mean \"sufficient arms and garbage legs, just like menasor\". between the insistance on having the friction-only connections attach from the front (should go from the inside of the leg if it\'s gonna be friction-only, so the only time the connection would be supporting much, the forces would be directed towards the peg instead of away from it) and the return to the motormaster-issued failure of hip design that implies the designers don\'t intend you to actually do anything but put the combiner together and have it stand there... let\'s not beat around the bush and suggest something more impressive than it is. the seperate dinobots are the main value of the set, rather than the combined form.
    at the least, the fact that CW-era sets have more mass per part justifies the limitations on posing. remember geewun\'s scramble city stuff, where there was practically no weight to manage and they could only move their arms at the shoulder anyway? I\'ll commend hastak for avoiding the critical error that various 3p groups make, where they try making all the parts of a combiner be \"voyager\" size or larger and then the sheer mass overwhelms what\'s available to support it. (go check a video review for tfc\'s poseidon; even the gun made from the extra bits is too much for the shoulder to cope with in tandem with the arm itself.)

• Like Like x 1