Power of Primes Gimmick?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by JohnRedcorn, Jan 4, 2017.

1. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I don't know what they'll add, but I really hope the titanmaster gimmick isn't dropped.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really like the little figure and cockpit interaction in tr, would love to see that continue in some way.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PrinceOfSweden

PrinceOfSweden Well-Known Member

No, no. First thing, Dinobots don't really fool anyone as into thinking they are actual animals (being all metal and robotic).
    Secondly, the animals that they are supposed to emulate are dinosaurs and (unlike gorillas and cheetas etc), dinosaurs are cool (a fact I believe we can all agree on).

Predacons, well they don't look much like animals to me (except for the basic body shapes).
    They don't have any fur or leathery kind of skin, so I have no reason not to like them.
    Plus they are awesome because of Predaking!

BW is pure schmutz to me, alt modes are in the spirit of my little pony or "amazing adventures at the zoo". For the toys to be passable as real animals (and the robots as robots) they kind of have to be shell formers to some extent.
    Also, in general the robot faces don't look good at all, to weird and "organic" or what have you (just look at that awful face of Dinobot).

Edit: I just googled to see the robot face of Optimus Primal. Wow, that's ugly. The cool mouth guard has a freaking hole - to show a pair of fat stupid lips, I find it almost perverted.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  4. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    One rumor suggests it'll be something like Micromasters or Targetmasters replacing Titanmasters (that is, we'll still get little $5 tiny guys w/small vehicles, but the little guys won't transform into heads).

5. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    You're entitled to an opinion, but you can at the very least express it politely. You don't like BW? Fine. But surely you realise that a lot of other people do. There's no need to be rude.

• Like Like x 3
  6. PrinceOfSweden

PrinceOfSweden Well-Known Member

I'm not rude, I'm expressive and perhaps a smidge passive-aggressive.

7. LBock

LBock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm guessing they will release some Beast Wars characters in the Power of the Primes line considering Optimus Primal won the fan vote and I don't think they will just release him. I would actually like a few new Beast Wars figures released as long as they release dinobots and predacons too. I'd also like them to release more Japanese characters like Star Saber, Deathsaurus, etc. It would be kind of cool if they did the lines as various planets similar to what they did with the Cybertron line.

8. TCJJ

TCJJ 118% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I thought it was basically confirmed at this point that they're Targetmasters. I kind of hope not, not because I don't want Targetmasters but because a whole bunch of Targetmasters got turned into Headmasters and a whole bunch of Headmasters still haven't got new figures. If it's Powermasters, the same problem applies.

9. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I predict it'll be something many people will complain about endlessly and use as a reason to bash perfectly fun toys

10. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I predict more people being upset that others don't like what they like.

11. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    now with price increase gimmick for the NEW smaller easier to handle sizes with less articulation!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And I predict just as many posts complaining about people complaining about people complaining ad infinitum (isn't this fun? :p )

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hopefully something less intrusive than headmasters so I don't get annoyed when they start shoving it on every figure.

• Like Like x 1