POTP Voyager Hun-Gurr and Elita-1 at US Retail

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by dorfsquest, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:

Chromdme is not retool of dead end. He shares engineering. Similar to G2 smokescreen and Energon Starscream. Similar transformation but they don’t come from the same mold.

Chromedome shares parts with Blurr which could be argued as a retool of him but he’s not a retool of Deadend

• Like Like x 4
  2. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

I do not dislike the retooling and remolding. I find it really interesting. Like how PM Optimus Prime has a base mode, coming from the Ultra Magnus mold. He is such a heavy retool. I think only a few parts are shared, the rest is all engineering being swapped over.
    For Ultra magnus to Op

one white sprew which contains the truck undercarriage the 2 hip pieces and the 2 hinges for the feet and also the inner ratchet workings.
    one blue sprew which contains the feet and the inner lower legs.
    one black sprew containing the wheels and guns.
    The rest is remolded entirely.

Now those parts could be remolded and that is what they did for chromedome and Hun Gurr. I really enjoy the level they went for it. The only downfall is that the puzzle that a transformer is becomes a bit lackluster.

The entire thing with "remolding" is that parts of the same dimensions which have the same function get a "remold". Or else it would be a repaint, or simply a cast in a different color.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ca12nag3

You mistake budget cutting mold use for being retooling. They share basic parts that are not vital to the transformation schematics.

Chromedome

The brown parts being left/right hip piece, left/right knee hinge and the headmaster's torso. And I think that the connector for the headmaster also belongs to this sprew. 8 parts
    The red parts being the headmasters legs arms head, and the gun. 6 parts

Basically 2 sprews with minor parts.

Other than that they share the dead-end transformation schematic for the lower body, with Chromedome also including the arm transformation. While Blurr has a more unique transformation.

If to you these set of hinges are a retool then every headmaster is a retool...

4. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Elita One really deserved a proper G1 cartoon car mold. (Even if half of it would have to be concieved from scratch) I usderstand Hasbro needs to do a repaint and get the most bang for their buck, but why waste it on starscream? POTP starscream is really a pile of plastic crap. They could have easily designed a car alt mode and made the retool/repaint some random autobot or even a car decepticon. (Theres plenty characters to choose from that didnt get a figure) nobody asked for a combining starscream. Total fail. The other issue I have is that she combines to form herself. Thats just stupid. (At least with starscream it was a homage to the unicron trilogy) Why not make the fembots combine to form Soulus Prime or some new female character like Victorion? Maybe Renderform can give us a better option for a head. That would be right up his alley after he did that Tailclonus head. But first we need confirmation of another 2 female Autobots to make this female combiner cool and not a half ass joke with jazz and alpha bravo as the other limbs. Im down for a more G1 Chromia (not a bike or a tron cycle) But please no Arcee. She was not part of that click. The best option would be Greenlight since she was part of the one episode that fearured the other 3. Green would also make the set more colorful rather than add more pink which the torso already has. Another option could be lancer, but she mostly stayed behind in the base and did nothing in that episode. But yeah, that would be cool. If we dont get 2 more female limbs, I wont be using the combiner mode. Same for a better head option.

• Like Like x 2
  5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    God I pray he makes his way towards me soon. First time in a very very long time I've wanted a set of anything, I need my terrorcons.

• Like Like x 1
  6. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Well the RE-engineering being cheap and lazy in many peoples opinions is the real issue here. Correct the technicalities all you wish.

7. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Either Hun-Garr or Skylynx again since Hasbro clearly has no shame with engineering.

8. ca12nag3

It is a winning torso design. Silverbolt is the best torso bot they have. The others all have issues. Especially SkyLynx. I am curious how good or bad the new Starscream/Elita1 torso mold is. I didn't buy Screamer because I hate the look.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Orbitalchaos

Orbitalchaos Abnormal Space God

Instagram:
    Let\'s be honest, Elita doesn\'t look good as elita. She\'s using a seeker me so why not Slipstream?

10. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why not both? Elita looks fine to me.

Oh man. Now I know one of the first things i'm going to try when I get him :lol 

11. Cooktimus Prime

Cooktimus Prime Well-Known Member

I myself would love to see an updated version of combiners of Landcross, Road Ceasar and the Trainbots Combiner Raiden

• Like Like x 2
  12. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Agreed. But they still could've put more effort into Hun-Garr's Dragon mode. Voyagers are $30 at some places so there's no excuse for giving the Dragon mode two front kickstand's for legs.

• Like Like x 1
  13. cirrusstratus1

cirrusstratus1 Banned

He wouldn't be. Because Hun-gurrr is part of the Power of the Primes series, bitch! ;) 

Seriously, they could've added a couple of extra joints to the dragon mode's legs. And I don't know why they designed the tail to become part of the chest. Hun-gurrr should've been an easy design upgrade for Hasbro. They should've just added new ports to the G1 mold. Maybe someone should create some clip-on CW ports for the old G1 Hun-gurrr.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:

dude, put blurr and Chromedome next to each other. they actually share parts. their guns and thighs are the same. that makes it a heavy retool. like broadside and Alpha trion. the only thing they share together are the feet, shin flaps and biceps. everything else is completely different but due to them having the same parts that makes it a retool. Chromedome and Deadend dont share parts. they share engineering. retooling and shared engineering are two different things.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

You know... Given how Takara Legends Slipstream is far, far too small and scrawny for Slipstream (Animated and WFC character models for her are only slightly less bulky than male Seekers), this mold could work for her just fine. I'd buy it.

16. BubbleMax

BubbleMax Well-Known Member

I dont mind the tiny front legs in dragon mode.

What does bother me are the blocky hind legs. The G1 versions are actually superior in terms of how they look.

If a third party could make a kit that would convert his dragon mode to a more Beast Hunters look that would be great. That would be to replace the back legs entirely for a bipedal look.

17. Victory Force

Victory Force Transformers Weeb

shes fine in both modes but what the heck is that pizza torso?

• Like Like x 1
  18. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    agreed but not in this CW style...raiden would have to be 6 trains and road ceasar the three bots...if landcross isn't what he was in victory i don't want it....part of the appeal was the crazy combinations of the two bot combiners then the massive 6 bot one.

if they aren't recreations with better articulation(s) i dont' want them to bother.

buuuuuuut if it is going to be that kinda faithful along with those three lets get magnaboss and tripredicus too

19. UltraMagnanimus

UltraMagnanimus Fully Articulated. NOW WITH LIGHTS AND SOUNDS!

Whats the bummer to me is how close Hasbro can get but still manage to leave some REALLY ugly or annoying aspect to be an eyesore that makes you roll your eyes into the back of your head.

I just really like the way the G1 Hun-gurr beast legs are able to be positioned. It just flows so much more naturalistically and in contrast the POTP one is so blocky and stiff looking.
    If Hasbro couldve just made the back leg knees bend both ways and give the front leg an elbow joint and a slightly bigger foot that could fold up, it would be great and reflect whats so cool about the original.
    Its just weird that in 2018 there could still be any reason to say a G1 figure looks better that a new one. That just shouldn't be able to happen in any mode.
    As it is those are a bit too heavy of mods to hope for a PE set to fix so I'll just have to live with it.
    I know they have a budget but c'mon, just one less Hasbro CEO yacht vacation and we couldve had a better beast mode!;) :D 
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  20. MastaBlasta

MastaBlasta Knight Industries Two Thousand

Not feeling the dragon mode, but the torso mode is downright perfect