Minor/Repaint: PotP Slash Touchups

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Charlock, May 18, 2020.

1. Charlock

Charlock Well-Honed Blender

I have a plan to pick out a few details on Slash, so I thought I'd just post them here, as I got them done. Nothing extravagant in the works, but I feel like she has to much intricacy to her mold that just doesn't stand out, because there's no paint apps on them. We'll see how it goes.

First off, I painted her visor with Molotow metallic blue, to match the rest of the team.

20200518_084418.jpg

Hooray for conformity!

• Like Like x 9
  2. Stormvapor

Stormvapor Well-Known Member

Sweet...What's the rest of it?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Charlock

Thanks! I'm still working on the next steps. I've added a bit of liquid chrome and I've got a couple spots I want to paint blue to kind of tie it all together.

I'll post some more pics once the chrome is dried a bit.

4. Charlock

A few more photos. I touched up a couple of the details in the mold with a bit of liquid chrome and a little more metallic blue at her hips. The hip detail on the right side is a little light, so I'll probably do another coat there, just to make it stand out a bit more, like the left. Sorry for the poor quality of the photos, my office has bad lighting on a good day and today is gray and cloudy.

Overall, I like the way it's turning out. As things dry, I'll be doing more touchups and second coats. The chrome on her chest looks a lot more grainy in the closeup photos.

20200519_083400.jpg 20200519_083454.jpg 20200519_083444.jpg 20200519_082136.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  5. Charlock

OK. I did a couple more details and I think I like the way she looks.

20200520_082338.jpg

It's not much, but at least the mold isn't as plain as it seemed before.

Family photo!

20200520_083117.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  6. Charlock

So, it's funny about the smaller chrome details because I used a pool of the Molotow chrome with a fine bristled brush, instead of the pen tip itself. This seemed to cause a bit of dulling, or texturing. It's an entirely different finish than you get from just applying straight from the pen.

The decals on my dino boys are reprolabels, but I don't recall exactly which ones they are.

As far as the weapons go, they're all straight MFT dinos with the red weapons they come with. I really like the translucent, red plastic, but it does make it difficult to match weapons for Slash, or find another sword for ol' Swoop.

Thank you so much for the comment! I'm definitely not a painter and I always worry about the final product with my shaky hands.