POTP Predacons Help

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Skyclaw, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Skyclaw

Skyclaw 6 Types of Madness!

Guys,

I just bought POTP Predaking from Amazon at a great deal and got the set yesterday and went through checking out the figures and found out that Divebomb's mid section or transformation arm joint is loose? This piece has 2 pins in it folds over itself. Is there a way to tighten this up?? and the back waist piece doesn't tab into the lower wing portion because of it. I can only think of floor polish and continue use of it until it thickens up and becomes tight again.

Another is on Headstrong, how the Buffalo's thigh turns into the leg/feet, theres a small tab that connects to the front part of the shin/leg and it doesn't tab in very tight? Any recommendation for a fix for that?

Lastly, is Rampage's head, it doesn't look up and it appears I can't take him apart to fix this issue and I didn't know if the tab in the back could back shaved down for his head to come up more or is there another way to correct this?

I do have plans for the DNA kit and ToyHax stickers kit for POTP Predaking, but if these issues can't be fixed or addressed I may have to send him back for a refund.

I'm open to any suggestions

Thank you

2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's always loose. You have to make sure all the panels are connected and tabbed in, properly. If done correctly, the looseness won't be an issue. The instructions don't do a good job of making clear how much of him tabs together in all modes. You have to make sure all hinges are at the right angle/point and make sure all the tabs line up. Once you do, he should be fine. If that's still an issue, then there might be a misalignment or assembly issue.

It's a flaw with the design. It usually holds well enough in either mode so it doesn't become a problem, but yeah, they're pretty much designed to fail with those tabs. Perhaps adding a thin layer of super glue to thicken the tab might help. It just needs a bit more grab is all.

Rampage's head is a mess. You have to reach in, carefully, with an X-Acto knife and carve away the side walls/nubs a little bit. You don't actually need them, they're pointless, the beast mode head will hold up the neck platform once it's in place thus negating the need for any other assistance. It's time-consuming and a bit of work, but if done carefully and correctly, you'll be able to fix the head sagging issue. He'll never be able to look up, it's just the way he's designed, but he won't be looking down at his belly button anymore.

If Divebomb's issue doesn't correct with the tips I gave you, plus the other issues, I'd ask for a replacement. Normally, Amazon will allow you to sit on that one while the other is coming. They give about 30 days for you to return the current one. I'd get the second set in, compare all of the figures, keep the good ones, send the bad ones back. (You have the right to get the best product for the price.) Amazon will either throw the return on a sales pallet or they'll put it in the warehouse deals section and sell it at a significant discount. Either way, no one's really out anything.

Whatever you do, I highly recommend the DNA kit for everything but the wings. The stock wings are just fine and the DNA wings are a copy of the one, not a pair of two distinct ones. (That's why screw holes are visible from the front on the one wing, they just packed two of the same wing and called it a day.) The ratchets (if you get two, but apparently you're only supposed to get one for Rampage, some got two.) are worth installing and the rest of the kit really fills them out in all modes. Well worth it.

3. Skyclaw

Skyclaw 6 Types of Madness!

Thanks for the reply and the feedback on Predaking.

I've tried messing around with Divebomb and he's just a floppy mess at this point and because I've tried messing with the alignment of the panels and such and no go! Just an assembly issue on Hasbro's part.

Headstrong and Tantrum tab issue is worse one on than the other, plus the hip joints are crazy loose and wont even support his own wait and falls down! I'm all for trying to fix stuff instead of sending it back, but 3 out of the 5 figures is a complete QC mess!

I'll keep the fix for Rampage in mind once I have another set come in.

I do have the DNA kit on order and should ship next week. I really like the wings, the sword and the newly upgraded ratchet joints. I've heard some people getting one, when should be two in the box.

I'll be shipping this Predaking back today and ordering another set next week!

Thanks again! Greatly appreciate it!! :)