POTP Leader Class Optimus Prime In Hand Photos

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, Sep 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 MEGATRON ATTACK

News Credits:
    It was a joke man...

While you're not wrong, it's also fine to compare any two Optimus Prime toys one another, weather they be RiD, Gen, MP or 3P. That is how consumers make decisions. The more you compare then better choice you can make based on you needs, wants and resources.

I compared Hercules to Giant to Devastator and chose Hercules to be in my collection, when he went on sale. That is how a free market system works. The big difference here is people are choosing between two Hasbro products. MP 10 is hard to find, and more costly than PotP Optimus and for that alone I don't begrudge anyone for picking PotP over MP.

• Like Like x 4
  2. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    While I think the bot mode looks 95% amazing (dang those gray hands) -- I'd even say from front on he's BETTER then MP10, he's got a much nicer headsculpt and the too-long forearms on MP10 have always seriously bugged me -- and the gimmick is fun/clever I think the alt mode is waaaaaaay fairly deserving of someserious critism. I do look forward to seeing if Takara at the minimum takes care of the deco issues, and possibly can pull off improving the alt mode somehow.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  3. TheBeastman

TheBeastman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why is the idea that some people may want to buy, I dunno, ten $15 toys instead of 1 $150 dollar toy so insane to some people? Why is buying more \"expensive and high end\" toys anyone\'s standards for what a \"serious\" collector is?

It\'s all \"true fan\" bullshit. This kind of elitism is poisonous to fandoms and kills newbie\'s enthusiam quickly. Don\'t do it, man.

• Like Like x 12
  4. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A great Optimus figure has a few check boxes for me.

One of them is having a Matrix compartment, and boy does this have a fantastic Matrix compartment!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    I would concur, I just want the stickers stamped instead. But it's getting to the point where Hasbro is creating an import industry, where they could just have an agreement with Takara to directly sell their better editions from Hasbro Toyshop instead of us having to pay shipping and markup.

This Collectors market could be served better.

But nitpicking this amazing figure is not the best way to express that.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

I really miss those days.

I for one am extremely excited for PoTP! Thank god those leaks happened, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten as excited. :) 

7. Zress Tayasu

Zress Tayasu Axiom

>g1 retro style
    >figure is made to resemble MP10, which is a modern item
    yannow...

but it's a neat figure, either way.

also RE: "too-long arms on MP10", it's more that his thighs are too short. his arm length is fine; the problem is that the toy's roughly in the image of a human structure, but the longest bone in the human body is the thigh bone, and MP10's thighs are short and stubby. so while his hands are at about the right level relative to everything else, the short thighs give the impression of more arm-length than there is because of his knees as reference point.

(edit: man, what is up with TFW and putting slashes in front of quotemarks and apostrophes nowadays...)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

Dude, do you talk like that to people on the street? (Shut up, stop talking shit, etc)

Down get it twisted just cause I collect toy robots doesnt mean I wont drop you flat on your ass if you came at me like that in person. You on a damn computer so stop e-banging. Slow your role big boy...

Im looking at my MP-10 right now while looking at POTP Op on my phone. I see the real thing on my left and the poor mans MP-10 on my right. Nothing more, nothing less.

9. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    Heck, I DO own MP10 and may consider this my definitive Optimus. MP10 is an amazing display piece, but some of the regular line Optimi tend to be more fun, and that's what I care about.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rated X

Ummm and who are you?

11. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

That's all subjective. I don't care much for it because I think alt-modes are important, and this toy's alt mode is very messy.

Overall I think it looks decent, but it has noticeable flaws. It's not "sad" that everyone's not getting together and praising this thing while overlooking its faults.

I still think Classics Prime is way better than this. It has a good, solid transformation, and a nice updated design rather than trying (and not entirely succeeding) to emulate the masterpiece.

12. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Finally had to click "Ignore." Too much of a troll.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Rated X

See heres a guy I can agree with. As much as im an advocate for MP-10 on this thread, my true favorite mold is classics Prime. Its pretty much the toy that started the CHUG craze to begin with in 2006. I cant even remember how many versions of the mold I own but its gotta be close to 10.

Its a given that every line is going to have a Prime. The biggest downfall of POTP prime is that instead of giving us something thats entirely new, its trying to emulate something that already exists while chopping the budget in half. If it didnt have the Orion Pax gimmick, would I be wrong to call it a simplified KO?

I love the Orion Pax figure. I wish I could buy it without the trailer. Its a shame the trailer doesnt actually do something when you have Orion detached. I think the same goes for Rodimus Prime. The gem of the leader figures is Optimus Primal because the monkey doesnt have to have his surfboard to be a monkey. You can display both the inner robot and the armor without feeling like you have a wasted part lying around that does nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Smitty.1981

News Credits:
    This is elitist snobbery. So what if POTP Optimus is a cheaper alturitive to MP 10? Some people have different budgets and priorities.

• Like Like x 9
  15. Rated X

I agree. He went too far telling me I need to shut up and stop talking shit like if he was in my face when hes on a computer. Sad kid he must be in real life...

But I dont mess with that ignore button. Im not a fan of tapping out. Thats just me though...

16. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:

Is it really trying to be an emulation of the Masterpiece toy, though? Or does it just happen to emulate the same source material: a G1 styled Optimus?

The similarities are there, sure, but I think people are losing perspective here over this Leader toy being the MP-10 alternative it's not actually supposed to be.

• Like Like x 3
  17. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been tempted by MP-10 sometimes, and I may get him at some point (BBTS seems to have quite the supply), but it really is hard for me to justify getting something like that, when I could get, say, a 2DS XL or quite a few games for a system I already have, or a nice Transformer figure like Twintwist. I mean, I could get Shadow of War, Watch Dogs 2, and this Optimus figure, for as much or less than MP-10. And I'd probably spend just as much time with POTP Prime as I would with MP-10. That's how I justify it, anyway.

And if that's not "true fan" material or whatever? That's fine. I'd rather be enjoying myself.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Smitty.1981

News Credits:
    Of course there are similarities, as you stated they are both G1 Optimus Prime toys. But when you're not a completest everything is an alternative, and some times the choice is between this or nothing. Like CW Hound was not for everyone and some people missed out on Universe Hound so they chose to wait and see if we get a better Hound later on. Did Hasbro make PotP Optimus to compete with their own MP 10, no they see them as being for different audiences, but some of us see it as an alternative, and Hasbro gets the money regardless so it's really a win win, you get an Optimus Prime toy that you like Hasbro gets your money. Everything beyond that is irrelevant, especially the opinion of some troll of the internet.

19. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    As someone who owns MP10 I'll say that it's pretty amazing but if Its not something I look forward to transforming.

20. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    In my head CANNON, Megatron and Prime have been going at it since the Classics days and once Classics Prime took out gun Megatron, Megatron came back as a tank and utterly decimated Prime. Then Prime came back as Laser Prime to fight some intercontinuity upcoming LG G2 Megatron painted in Japanese g2 archforce euro colors but silver LG tank CANNON Megatron still exists thus the return of CHUG Prime as leader POTP Prime depending on how the forthcoming LG version looks with paint instead of stickers.

I have MP10. I shall have this too. They satisfy different needs. MP Prime as a masterpiece rendition of my childhood with diecast glory and animated inaccuracies left and right. POTP LG Leader Prime for a modernization of mass market Prime evolving through the years as if Generations was the Generation 3 my body has been constantly ready and wishing for since G2 ended and Beast Wars began.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.