POTP Grimlock in-hand

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Bountyan, Nov 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperSlacker

SuperSlacker Guy who lives in Nemesis Prime's sleeper cab

It's possible, but I'm just going to go with Hasbro & wait for the inevitable 3rd party upgrades & tail port fillers

2. Schadenfreude

Schadenfreude Well-Known Member

NGL, I would purchase a brightly colored feathered Grimlock in a heartbeat.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Because I was more of a fan of the Marvel comics. One of my shelves currently recreates the Ratchet and the Dinobots vs Megatron scene from the comics.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    how is he more well known with the blue chest? plenty of people know him with the red chest from the comics

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shoujax

Shoujax Well-Known Member

The thing that bothers me is people expecting them to be g1 exactly. They arent. They are their own continuity. Are they perfect? No. But they are also robots who outside of 3 of them dont care what the Alt mode looks like. Instead of complaining they arent exactly what YOU wanted, be happy they did anything at all. And if it bugs ya move on. I am very excited for grimlock and I have plans to modify him for MY tastes. Including a tweak for combined mode. Just be happy.

• Like Like x 2
  6. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    He said "more well known." Not "only known."

This shouldn't have to be reiterated for the billionth time, but the comics -- while some people's preference (and that's fine) -- had a fraction of the audience of the cartoon. It's not even close.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

"Me Fatlock wants Decepticon to get in me belly!"

Grimlock looks awful, as do most of the other Dinobots. I don't want organic dino modes, but I do wish Grimlock could have been less goofy looking by having a less dated dino mode. Really the problem lies in that clear plastic. Sinking all that cash into something expensive as this isn't something I am willing to do. I would have got Swoop and maybe Snarl if it weren't for the clear plastic. Slash looks good and is a new character, so I will definitely be on the lookout for her.

• Like Like x 2
  8. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because the cartoon had a bigger audience...because the more recent media involving swoop (animated cartoon and idw comics) have the blue chest.

I feel more people recognize him with a blue chest over the red. Even though I grew up in the g1 era I never touched the marvel comics until the resurgence of transformer comics with dreamwave.

Plus to me his layout is more appealing with the blue chest over the red.

• Like Like x 7
  9. TyrantLizardKing

TyrantLizardKing Lord of all Terrible Lizards

Meh, I'm not gonna get into a brawl with other people here. I'm a younger fan, excited for these Dinobots since I've only had the Animated trio to fill the void for years. If you don't like them that's fine, I understand the points people are making. Of course there are some things that disappoint me (like how Grimlock has no sword, seriously wtf) but I've always been down for an official Dinobot combiner. I've really wanted a set to go against my CW Combaticons so it fills a personal niche for me as well.

I won't lie in saying I'd have dipped on all of Planet X's offerings by now if I had the money (still need Vulcun at least, argh) but I do want to support official Transformers products all the same.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Face it, we're doomed.

News Credits:
    I have the following Grimlocks: Pretender, G2, Energon, Classics, Titanium, FOC, AOE and that gold deluxe from RID 2015. And i still like POTP Grimlock and will be picking him up as soon as i find him. And i'll probably display him in combined mode most of the time.

• Like Like x 1
  11. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Swoop is such an odd case for me. The blue does stand out...but at the same time it looks better than the red on the alternate image, which looks off to me.

Anyway, I'm super excited to get the rest of the dinobots now, including Slash. The Dinobots were never going to please everyone. Ten or so years of people wanting Dinobots, imagining them perfectly in their heads... no way the finished product would meet expectations. For what they are, though, they look good.

• Like Like x 5
  12. maltesefalcon

maltesefalcon stuff dreams are made of

the only issue I see with them is the grimlocks torso was designed in a different scale than his hips or maybe his wings are too small to fit the base.

slag is the one that has bigger issues with the slicked back frill and lack of wings. but still a good toy nonetheless

as for the blue swoop im torn as I grew up watching the toon so I think of blue swoop and im glad he is in a mass retail release for those that cant afford takara prices. On the other hand, he is a weird hybrid of toon and toy designs and considering the aesthetic of the other dinobots is pure toy he kinda sticks out.

I myself will be buying both these and hopefully the unite warriors box set with fully painted yellow head, dark gray bodied dinobots with swords and guns ill probably keep Hasbro as volcanicus and takara will go with my season three/movie shelf.

anybody think there will be an special deco convention exclusive with the red swoop? im thinking earth wars colours with larger foc grimlock sword

13. TyrantLizardKing

TyrantLizardKing Lord of all Terrible Lizards

Quite honestly I like Slag better without wings, makes his robot mode look cleaner.

I prefer blue Swoop much over the red but I feel like the hue used is distracting compared to his teammates. Oh well. I want to say the red version will see release as a variant, but do remember that we were also supposed to get a version of CW Onslaught with a tan Bruticus chestplate. And that variant never saw the light of day.

I'm crossing my fingers for a G2 Dinobots boxset personally.

• Like Like x 2
  14. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now I need Snarl, Sludge, Grimlock

15. Aussiebot

Aussiebot Banned

These guys aren't perfect and Grimlock especially needs a bit of work, but I've been waiting >30 years for a set of official G1 Dinobots and these will go a long way to fulfilling that wish.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Glad I sold my Classics Grimlock last weekend. It was a good figure, but this one just feels like it belongs in the cartoon. It's a more affordable Masterpiece. All the Dinobots look great, but I think Swoop has just a little too much black. His limbs were more grey and his 'helmet' was fully red in the cartoon. I'll wait to see the inevitable Takara boxset before judging which has the better colour scheme.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Went hunting tonight, a lot of old stuff clogging shelves.

• Like Like x 1
  18. fpjones3

fpjones3 Well-Known Schmuck

Alt mode looks good. But in robot mode, Slag looks puny and Grim forgot leg day.

Swoop though looks perfect in both!

19. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I wonder if Takara make a box set with this Grimlock with his weapons. Other than that Micronus looks good as a stand in for his gun but he needs a sword.

• Like Like x 1
  20. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    For those that are wanting a red chested Swoop, they make red acrylic paint.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.