POTP Distribution

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Omega_Sentinel, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Omega_Sentinel

Omega_Sentinel Well-Known Member

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I'm curious if there is any "official" reason why POTP distribution has been so poor? I've been frustrated that I haven't seen a single wave 2 anything, but it looks like everyone is having this problem.

Is there any real reason why this is happening or do we just not know?

2. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    there are a lot of theories, some are accurate some aren't not sure what the "real" reason is. But I've heard that Walmart execs are pressuring Hasbro execs, and over ordering of wave 1, and something about TRU closing is effecting it. again, not sure of the validity of any or all of those are.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WarInTheFloor

WarInTheFloor Well-Known Member

they need to get their shit straight.

I honestly think they sandbagged it to push the new movie crap in the generations boxes, trying to cash in on the GOOD stuff popularity and spread some of those sales to the line ( movie) with the entertainment license tie in. like... some movie gaf found out how well potp/ TR was doing and whined that Hasbro was competing with their own stuff or something. It cant be an accident that this... the worst distribution problem I think I have ever seen with any line... happened RIGHT as that crap dropped. And I would buy into the TRU closing/ Hasbro getting their arm twisted by Wal mart who then didn't bother to even order theories BUT... like I said during the same time period there has been a glut of that shity looking movie garbage piling up and clogging the shelves of every store I can find.... even though this area usually gets everything months after everyone else... but not that movie crap it showed up as soon as you guys started reporting it and has piled up in scores every since.

So... yeah my theory is that the movie tie in contract has been given priority and they are sandbagging holding back the good stuff as a result... I mean the clue is right there on the shelves they aped our box design so casual buyers and gift buyers wouldn't know the difference and might pick some of that stinking shit up thinking it was the good stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We just don't know, but Transformers on Facebook recently posted about the Terrorcons coming soon and tried to build up hype. But all they got were posts about a lack of wave two and empty shelfs.

• Like Like x 5
  5. WarInTheFloor

That's perfect... we need to bombard Hasbro and the brand, through social media if that's how its done these days I guess... I mean in "my day" it would be through a Q&A at a convention or something... sites like these would/ could get together and decide to ask NOTHING but distribution questions no matter what the presenters tried to focus on.

If I am right and they have sandbagged potp to sell movie tie in shit, they HAVE to have thought that the potp would sell whenever they do finally get off their ass out of their own way and actually make it available ( notice its not just not in store shelves you cant order it online from major retailers for msrp either) ...BUT they don't realize that you have to hit while its hot and people wall either move on and decide to do without it ( IE not try to build Abominous at all) or will have picked it up through some other avenue such as BBTS or buying the Takara versions for slightly more. Then they will have to dump it somewhere like Ollies a year and a half from now which will be a whole other level of hit or miss and will spoil the formerly big hit property potp generations... REAL generations transformers forever.

way to shit where you eat Hasbro, awesome show, great job.

• Like Like x 2
  6. EightBitHeart

EightBitHeart normal regular human

I'm just getting worried I won't be able to get my hands on Hun-Gurrr. I've never seen any wave 2 in stores with my own eyes. I have the wave 2 Voyagers on preorder but it's been 3+ months now.

7. WarInTheFloor

imma go ahead and sound entitled but ive spent enough on Hasbro throughout the years I think I can.

I have put together Star Wars, gi Joe and marvel collections before even starting Transformners, grew up getting every Joe and TF released if I could.

They OWE us an explanation for this shit.

8. Dinocon93

Dinocon93 Dinobot Warrior

I feel we won't be getting a clear answer until SDCC, assuming someone will bring this shit up to The Warden and any other Ha$bro exec that will be there.

That or sign a petition/gofundme/whatever maybe to release the Dinobots and Terrorcons in a boxset since thats what people wanted most out of this dumb line in the first place seeing how there the only complete combiners anyway.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  9. WarInTheFloor

a Tcon set would be perfect

10. WarInTheFloor

... I feel like he should ( Abominous) have matching hands and feet anyway I think he is the only official gen Combiner with mismatched hfg accessories.

• Like Like x 1
  11. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

For the latest waves specifically, Wal Mart is supposedly holding the rest of the retail world (online and b&m) hostage because they feel like online stores have an advantage over them with pre-orders and so we have to wait until Wal Mart gets their stock of figures before any of the big online companies like BBTS can get the figures, or so that's what I've gleamed, please correct me if I'm wrong. Otherwise, it's mostly on the retailer's end.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I'm just getting worried about some of the end waves. I know the deluxes are coming, but I really hope the last Primemasters with Pretender shells aren't shelved. Especially with the wave 1 Prime masters shelf warming hard!

13. Dinocon93

Dinocon93 Dinobot Warrior

Assuming this actually true, thats quite dictatorial and this shouldn’t be tolerated. No surprise shit like this is happening, Everything down to simple retail distribution went full ****** when Agent Orange became U.S. president.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Shinzero02

Shinzero02 Well-Known Member

It'd be real nice if they actually got their stock of figures though.
    First time I managed to find Hun Gurr and Rodimus Unicronus at a Walmart and they were already clearanced out for for $17 and $30.
    I've been seeing new lines at Target long before Walmart.

15. WarInTheFloor

This is what I thought for a long time, but if that's the case why aren't they stocking and ordering them? Going through all the trouble of getting a soft exclusive and all.
    The few that have been found ( Hun Gurr and Roddicorns for examples) have been Wal Mart finds. Yet they just refuse to stock them and leave pegs empty for... going on 5 months now in my area.

And like I said above the movie trash is in full effect everywhere regardless of who got what first or whatever, we are covered over with the shit.

Anyone else notice the GOOD Star Wars figures. ( the neo vintage carded stuff) is only showing up at Targets? I haven't seen them anywhere else... another soft exclusive situation.

• Like Like x 1
  16. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

I worked retail from the age of 15-25 and at one point was partially responsible for doing orders for various retail outlets. I received almost no training on their ordering system beyond "figure it out and don't fuck it up or I will stab you" (my boss' words, yes he had a knife and a nasty coke habit). Over time, I became one of the people who was the most familiar with how the system works. I did what I could and when I was in charge of an order, what we needed usually came in, but there's only so much control the employees actually have over what products the warehouses and corporate send to the stores...some of it is completely random especially in the "Home" (non-food) side of stores...one store I worked for served as a "warehouse overflow" store...at one point our backroom was so full of product the employees on the non-grocery side of the store had to spend most of their work day just moving giant pallets of old unnecessary stock out of the way to get to the new stock. Retail employees, in general, are under-payed, barely trained, over-worked, and routinely disrespected. Also, old. Oh, and 90% of the stocking work is done by meth heads and old people between the hours of midnight to 8 AM. So, you do the math. Corporate may have had big plans, as they tend to, but when it comes down to it the people actually ensuring that product gets out onto the shelf...don't. Distribution sucks because the way retail stores are run sucks.

• Like Like x 3
  17. WarInTheFloor

Human Frailty in action I guess.

18. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    Because Hasbro distribution is inherently sucky.

Because TrU is just about dead.

@lordcryotek What the hell? That's awful! :eek: 

19. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

Honestly, one of my better bosses...he was hands off so long as we didn't mess up. I'm told that was just his sense of humor, but the area I live in is...kinda rough...so he definitely had it for a reason.

20. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thunder Mayhem.

87-1.jpg