Heavy/Scratch: POTP Beachcomber Headmaster (WIP?)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Dadicus Prime, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Dadicus Prime

Dadicus Prime Well Known Dad

I really liked the gimmick of Beachcomber having a driver, so when I bought him I got a Primemaster to go along with him. One of the kids also wanted a Beachcomber and Primemaster so I got him one as well. We were a little late to the party with the Prime Wars so I never picked up any headmaster. Fast forward to my kid losing part of his pretender shell, me wanting a headmaster and pandemic budget. I gave him mine and started to modify what was left.

The headmaster joint is a highly modified kinex attached with a nut and bolt. I filed the nut and bolt to fit in the kinex. I also was able to adjust the friction by tightening/loosening the nut and bolt. It was a super tight fit so I was able to adjust by loosening up the fastener. The body was modified by cutting off the mushroom peg that held the head. I drilled a hole where the peg was because I was going in a different direction before I realized a kinex would work. The kinex also keeps the chest piece higher up so I could hid it better. I also had to trim a bit of the engine.

The headmaster is basically Beachcombers faceplate glued on the Primemaster body as well as the rivet pushed into a pre-existing slot the faceplate already had. I had to use some filler so the Primemaster head wouldn't fall out since BC's face is smaller. It moved slightly during glue up.

Also, just for fun, a metal detector out of bits and pieces.

WIP because I might paint him. Considering making his legs a touch longer as well. Thoughts? noname (14).jpg noname (13).jpg

Hope all are well. Have a safe and happy New Year.

• Like Like x 17
  2. ThunderDestron

ThunderDestron Vast predatory bird

Cool idea, good engineering. Beachcomer with a metal detector is the perfect add on too. Its in the name!

3. BattleGurijiba

BattleGurijiba One Radical Dudicus

Really like the idea and the story behind it. Looks great so far. Maybe for the additional paint and height you could give him mirrored aviators, sand on the tires and behind the wheel wells, and maybe feet that fold to the sides in vehicle mode, possibly as mudflaps or exterior fender flares of some sort.

4. Dadicus Prime

Thank you. I wasn't sure how I was going to do it so he was in pieces for a bit. The first idea was a modified lego clip but it was too flimsy after being modified. One of the kids happened to be playing with kinex and hanging out with me in the room. Fortunately he had a broken one that still had a "clip" part intact. For a second I thought I'd have to eBay some kinexs since I wasn't about to take the kids stuff for a project. Lol.

Thank you. I do want to give him a more dirty roughed up look. He is a geologist after all. I've got an wash I used on my display stand that might work well. I was totally thinking something like foldable feet. Maybe something that goes from feet to netted windows like desert racers have. The front pillars of the roll cage are in the feet so I could connect right there. I was also thinking maybe a spoiler that turned into feet but that might have to be done by parts-forming.

• Like Like x 2
  5. BattleGurijiba

BattleGurijiba One Radical Dudicus

A spoiler might actually work. You’d have to put it on an arm that goes from the current foot to the back of the vehicle and that can fold using a joint in the center. Might be able to source the parts from an Armada minicon or and older Generations Legends class... or legos or similar of course.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dadicus Prime

I think this is one of those when I see the right lego part it's going to hit me. Between my old collection and what the kids have there must be a million pieces floating around this house.

• Like Like x 2
  7. warhawk

warhawk Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    That worked out really good. Love the metal detector.

• Like Like x 1