Post your Botcon Hauls HERE!

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Vangelus, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Bah weep grana weep nini bong! This is my first post ever. I'd just like to say hi to all the people I met at BotCon from "the woman in the purple cowboy hat." (You can see me in some of Twin Twist's Sunday dinner pictures). It was a blast meeting all you guys - Motor Master, Vangelus, Shaun C., Draven, Twin Twist, Tricky_Disco, Super_Megatron, Skywarp, and all the rest! :thumbs2:  Meeting you all pursuaded me to actually join the boards so I can post. I used to be a big lurker here. I've taken my screen name from the first Transformer I ever owned - Bluestreak. As to my convention haul this year -

1. Titan "Manga" reprints - Aspects of Evil & Way of the Warrior
    2. 2 autographed copies of IDW comic #0
    3.Convention exclusives including Ratchet, Flare-Up and Flame War
    4. Skywarp mini-con from Hasbro table - like Motor Master I didn't know we could get one each day
    5. Robot Masters - Starscream, Skywarp & Thundercracker
    6. TF Collector's Club membership - including all the issues so far and Skyfall
    7. A extra Japanese micro booster from my friend Chris Q. - I don't know its name, but it's aqua and gray with red wheels and looks a little inspired by G1 Shrapnel
    8. a trailer for my 20th anniverary Optimus Prime :D 
    9. 2 shirt's from Tut's booth - "Heroic Fembot" and one with Sideswipe & Sunstreaker
    10. a Bumblebee keychain for my own Volkswagen Bug
    11. my BotCon program signed by all the guests
    12. Red Alert, Landmine, & Thundercracker from the "buy 2 get one free" sale at TRU

Again, it was fun meeting everyone. I hope to post some fanfiction within a few weeks.

2. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Glad to see you finally got through the rigerous screening process to join the boards!

Once you open Thundercracker Im sure you'll be glad you got him for free! But Im being too pesimistic about a mediocre figure :D  Redalert and Landmine are great figures. Two of the best deluxe figures out right now IMO.

How do you like the Robotmasters figures? IIRC you were a little on the fence about picking them up.

3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Holy cow! I thought we'd scared you off! Yay, welcome ^_^

4. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Turns out we were just slacking in authorizing new user accounts, welcome aboard!

5. Motor_Master

News Credits:
    It wasn't for a lack of trying :D  She should be given veteran status after surviving that!

6. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yay, FairladyZ signed on! Welcome!

7. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here's my 'I didn't attend Botcon, but I still got this haul from it' haul :p 

Major props to Twin Twist for picking it up for me

[​IMG]
    Alt Swerve
    Alt Prowl
    Cyb Armorhide
    LOC Ramjet
    IDW #0 - Botcon Cover

The Clone Army I picked up here mself and Spiderman 2 for the PSP came free when i registered my PSP :rock 

8. Fairlady_Z

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

The Robot Masters Seekers are some really neat figures, Motor Master. I'm glad I got them. They're pretty show accurate, without all the parts that used to fall off on the G1 originals. I think I'm missing at least one pair of G1 Seeker hands. So the RMs make a nice update.
    Cybertron Thundercracker isn't as good as I thought he would be. Nice plane mode, but what is with the huge arm cannon? Landmine is excellent. Red Alert is good, but kinda short when sitting next to my Hot Shot figure.

One more thing I forgot to mention that I got at BotCon was that I won one of the Alternators from the Saturday night dinner. It was Shockblast. A guy just one table over got Decepticharge. I was about to ask him if he'd sell it to me when he told me he actually worked for Honda. Shockblast is a cool figure though so I don't mind having two of them. It's also a nice momento of the convention given something Wally Burr said to me earlier in the day when I talked to him about my voiceover audition. I had been having trouble warming up to the mic given my theater background. And he told me a nice story about Corey Burton who had a similar "warm up" problem. Burr said you never would have known from some of Corey's cold readings that the guy was as good as he was, but once he "found his character" he was of course excellent. So even though I didn't make the final cut for the TF Idol, I was happy to make the finals. I consider Shockwave/Shockblast my consolation prize.

9. Motor_Master

News Credits:
    My RM Skywarp and Thundercracker are sitting at my local UPS office... along with RM Victory Saber and Trailer for MP Prime.

The sad part is Thundercracker is my favorite G1 seeker and they gave him a gimpy arm for Cybertron.

10. battlestarbase

battlestarbase aka: victor von deuchebag

my haul--
    binaltech 03 streak-65.00 (from parts party in my room).
    predaking re-issue--75.00 & 1 mosc rid bruticus to the japanese guys
    mib omega supreme---130.00
    cybertron vector prime--target, 20.00 + tax
    cybertron dark scorponok--30.00
    robotmasters skywarp and thundercracker 2 pak-30.00
    wst sideswipe--4.00
    wst prowl --free
    sentinal maximus--60.00(thanx megamus)
    loc--optimus, megatron, hotshot--15.00
    ml bullseye varient--15.00
    1 bc comic--1.00
    pirahnaking---100.00 (thanx again megamus, then traded to tom for g-1 japanese deathsaurus).
    Dengeki Hobby Magazine exclusive -Legends of Cybertron Galvatron--free from my japanese friends.
    -LOC "Universe" Ramjet (x 11)
    bc exclusive Ratchet & Flareup 2 pack-65.00
    bc exclusive-deathsaurus--55.00 ( thanx room 812)
    bc exclusive ricochet--20.00(room 812 again)
    Botcon Exclusive loose set of 7 figures--free
    -Botcon Exclusive Flamewar--free
    (both free for helping hasbro take apart that 15 foot tall optimus prime when you enter the dealer room.)
    1 botcon t-shirt
    g-1 scorponok body--9.00 (excellent stickers , nothing wrong with it).
    alt smokescreen--10.00
    alt sideswipe (x2)--10.00 each
    alt grimlock--14.00 (won auction at table across from me)
    barbie elektra --20.00(for my daughters collection, thanx bill from bills toys)
    spongebob squarepants lawnchair for my daughter--10.00 (tru)
    small autobot pin from japanese guys--free
    plus lots of fort max parts, shockwave scope and other stuff from the parts party in my room , both fri and sat nite. (room 912).
    plus i know i forgot 3 or 4 things
    battlestarbase

11. McBradders

You made out like a Bandit! A BANDIT!

Good work!

12. TrickyDisco

TrickyDisco <b><font color=blue>Voted TFW2005's Sexiest Female

News Credits:
    Right...

Alt Shockblast
    Takara reissues 16, 18 & 19 (Insecticons, Soundblast and Perceptor)
    Cybertron Thundercracker
    Ratchet & Flareup
    WS Starscream, Soundwave and Megatron
    RobotMasters Skywarp, Thundercracker and Starscream
    Wheeljack and Shockwave Hard hero busts
    HoC Wheeljack and a 6 seeker set
    MegaSCF Starscream
    Cybertron legends starscream
    K-T collection PVC Rumble & Frenzy (the ones with the psycho smiles on their faces!)
    ..and of course the Cybertron "King" Starscream. Man that thing is HUGE! :D 

I now almost have an army of Screamers :ev: 

13. Motor_Master

News Credits:
    Finally got the stuff I had to ship home. So without further delay:

You didn't ask for it!
    You probably dodn't care!
    Well your getting it anyways!

Its Motor_Master's Botcon 2005 Haul (The IDW Prime poster had a previous engagement and couldn't make the photoshoot)

[​IMG]

And my personal favorite the script from the Saturday night ep of Cybertronian Theater signed by all the Voices!
    [​IMG]

14. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Here is my haul. I was restricted on buying most big stuff as I had only room for carry on.
    G1
    Pretenders Stranglehold
    Action Master Rollout
    Rodimus Prime
    Pretender Vroom
    Pretender Slog
    TM Needlenose
    Headmaster Nightbeat
    Astrotrain
    a crap lot of Micromasters
    Parts, parts and more parts.
    a butt load of Fort Max parts
    and Jetfire parts
    Minispies (still need a lot of these)
    BW Airrazor
    Blastoff
    LOC Starscream goes with Ramjet
    Some stickersheets
    and of course the awsome exclusives
    Lucky me I bought the extra set with Ratchet
    All in all I would say I got about 100 parts
    A great Botcon by far. Prices were great and almost everything I was looking for was there.
    MegaMus

15. Fairlady_Z

Gosh, so many good hauls. Mine seems tame by comparison. Of course, I've had a few privious BotCons to get stuff I've wanted for a long time, so this year I was determined to take back only what I could fit in my suitcase. This is the first year I decided to get the convention exclusives and overall, I really like them. The detailed box with foam storage really makes for a nice collectable. I've also finally had a chance to transform and examine most of the figures more closely.

I really like Ratchet and Ironhide. Great characters who finally have decent toys to match. How long I have waited for a Ratchet and Ironhide that have HEADS! :thumbs2:  I have a used G1 Ratchet, but I keep him in alt mode. Robot mode is just too ugly.

I also have waited forever for a proper Arcee toy. Thank you Energon! So reusing the mold for Chromia, Flamewar, and Flareup was something I really enjoyed. The only bad thing about the mold are those puny arms.

Ricochet is a nice little toy. Great color scheme, just enough of a detailed transformation for his size, and a cool personality as evidenced from the TF Idol script. I kind of wish I could have read for this character instead of Flamewar.

Fallback has a fairly simplistic transformation, but the "upgrade" of Outback is appreciated.

Buzzclaw and Dirge - it's nice to see some beasts mixed in with all the vehicles, but I didn't feel the need to pick up the extra clone pack for an Insecticon army.

Deathsaurus - I like the Japanese homage here, but since I already have RID Megatron, I didn't find him as impresive as I would have if he were a repaint of a figure I didn't already have.

I also got around to ordering the Region 0 DVDs of TF Movie Special Edition and Headmasters. I was disapointed no one was even selling them at the convention and I didn't have enough to even bid on them at the auction. Anyone have an idea how long it takes to ship DVDs overseas from the UK to the US?

16. Motor_Master

News Credits:
    I wouldn't think more than a couple of weeks.

17. McBradders

Yeah, 2 to 3 weeks is about normal.