Post WFC-trilogy Generations Toylines Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by B-Fox, Apr 24, 2020.

1. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Endowed Member

GDO Cliffjumper is probably really close to what you'd get for that. Transformers Generations GDO Cliffjumper Video Review  Images (24)__scaled_800.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  2. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

Honestly, looking at Legacy Bulkhead and Arcee...I don't really agree with that statement. GDO CJ isn't blocky or G1 enough to match imo, particularly in the torso and shoulders.

• Like Like x 6
  3. KickCounterkick

KickCounterkick Where's Legacy Ricochet at? Poor guy needs a break

That's pretty much what I'd expect but an updated version of that wouldn't bother me at all. I just don't like the Earthrise mold, and I'm partial to Prime Cliffjumper

• Like Like x 2
  4. BBJazz

There would be some aesthetic differences but I doubt it would be too far off. Legacy Arcee isn't blocky at all in the grand scheme of things. She's just blockier than her on-screen counterpart, which is one of the least blocky character designs I've ever seen.

5. SecretWyvern

She's also a fembot and transforms into a bike, so her being less blocky makes more sense. A theoretical G1ified Prime CJ is neither of those, so would likely be redesigned in a similar manner to Bulkhead, matching more with the other autobot cars.

• Like Like x 3
  6. BBJazz

I guess that's true, but I don't think he's aesthetically that far from sleeker bots like Sideswipe and Jazz. A more faithful G1ified update would be easier for him than it would be for a character like Bulkhead, who is basically a ball.

Edit: I also mention Arcee because you specifically used her as an example of a blocky G1ified design.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

Good idea, however I'd like to see Drift as the primary mold if they were going that route.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Admiral Prime

Admiral Prime Broken Faucet Repairman

News Credits:
    If they focus on the moulds being multifunctional for other characters/repaints/retools, I could see this:

CJ - Muscle Car into:
    Cybertron Downshift
    Shattered Glass/G1-movie Big Daddy
    G1-movie Stealth Bumblebee & Dropkick
    G1 Windcharger, Tailgate, Wipeout
    Prime Universe Drive-by, Mismatch, Doubletake

Smokescreen - racecar into:
    Prime Universe Datsun bros, Barricade, Deadheat, Firebreaker, Macro, Overclock
    2002 GoBots Speedbot and all his subsequent redecos/retools (like, 6 of them)
    G2 Rapido (a stretch, but with enough retooling it could fit)

Ratchet - van/ambulance into:
    Cannonball
    G1-movie Ratchet
    Prime Universe Hotwire, Meltdown, Anomaly, Triage, Conduit

...Of course for most of these it would mean Hasbro would have to acknowledge TFU at all.

I think it's way more likely Smokescreen and Ratchet would be a repaint of his ER toy and a retool of Crankcase respectively, with a new G1-fied muscle car mould for CJ or any others.

• Like Like x 5
  9. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Nomenclature Nominator

:eek: 
    I never was super into TFP, but I should have thought about this before! :throw 
    I remember some significant "not my Wheeljack" with TFP... that characterization could have easily been a (better) take on Drift instead of Wheeljack. A different head/face, but no changes otherwise. Was that a thing I missed somewhere? "It was gonna be Drift but [something something test audiences, research]"

• Like Like x 1
  10. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    Yeah, there was a lot of talk about how TFP WJ looked like Drift, although his personality and backstory didn’t fit the character at all. But, it didn’t really fit Wheeljack, either. I liked the character but thought of him as neither.

• Like Like x 7
  11. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    I never understood the complaints about Prime Wheeljack; let someone do a different characterization, it'd be stale if he was the same thing for the last 30 years

• Like Like x 9
  12. SecretWyvern

I think the fact that he looks so similar to the original Wheeljack, basically just being the G1 design in the Prime artstyle with smaller feet and a retractable faceplate, makes the wildly different characterization harder to swallow for some.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Gallade

Gallade HSR and Transformers Enjoyer

News Credits:
    Prime Wheeljack was my favorite iteration of Wheeljack surprisingly. He felt like a hybrid of both Armada Wheeljack and G1. I never saw the complaints for him luckily. I do wish we did see IDW Drift make an appearance instead though.

• Like Like x 1
  14. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    a rerelease of earthrise megs but without the battle damage paint job on the legs and treads
    buzzsaw from the WFC walmart laserbeak
    shadow striker
    slipstream from the earthrise seeker mold

15. Skycutter

Skycutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    sorry for not knowing , but is this rumors your giving out or a sorta speculation/wishlist

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  16. Beauman

Beauman Banned

-A re-release of the retail Refraktors in a three-pack with the extra parts of the exclusive pack.

-A redeco of Siege Hound as Detritus.

-A redeco of Sideswipe as SG Sideswipe.

• Like Like x 2
  17. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    i believe this is just a wishlist

• Like Like x 4
  18. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    G1 Megatron needs a proper Earth mode update that doesn't blow. I don't understand how they went from the fairly solid Siege Megatron to the lackluster Earthrise one (Then again, they did the same with Siege Magnus and Kingdom Magnus so this doesn't come much as as suprise).

Mind you, I don't think that Earthrise Megatron is as bad as Kingdom Magnus but is still pretty mediocre. I don't expect them to release a gun mode Megs at retail any time soon but one with a consistent tank mode and decent accessories would be nice.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'm hoping that in Legacy we get either a true G2 Megatron or we get a G1-ified Animated Megatron. I also wouldn't mind seeing the Energon design get a new go either... though perhaps I'd be more interested in his Galvatron recolor.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Back on the topic of a CHUG Lockdown, while I'd still like him to be a muscle car, I just came across this Ferrari 308 concept called the 'Brawler', which I think would be absolutely perfect for him to homage his AOE design while still looking as powerful and aggressive as his Animated design:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And since Wildrider originally turned into a regular 308, he could be a good base for a Lockdown like this (again, provided that he's tall enough in robot mode).
    I honestly think ER Megatron's tank mode is a lot better than Siege, I just prefer my Megatron to stick with a Cybertronian mode and I hate how the turret/cannon works.

• Like Like x 5