Post WFC-trilogy Generations Toylines Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by B-Fox, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Still the best Megatron

• Like Like x 18
  2. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

And the first one with an actual plan.

• Like Like x 4
  3. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Waiting for TFA Legacy figs and 3A Bay Ironhide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Him (BW Megatron), TFA, and TFP Megatron are top 3 iterations of Megatron to me (I'd include IDW1 Megatron in it as well but I'm only including cartoon/media version).

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  4. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Artist with a Temper

News Credits:
    TFA Megatron might be my least favorite; I find Corey Burton's delivery to be really well, bad, plus he feels really flat as a character, and his whole thing about the "Evil Autobots" doesn't really get fleshed out other than "hey they built the Omega Sentinels". That's why IDW2 Megatron is one I really like, because the Nominus Edict can be interpreted as total BS or not.

• Like Like x 1
  5. maloney4playz

maloney4playz tfp enjoyer, waspinator appreciator

im gonna be honest: tfp megatron was one of the best despite cutting ties with Orion over Pax's idea being chosen by the council because it was the one that had the least death and destruction. still my favorite megatron, in design and personality, but he was a bit thick in the head sometimes

6. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    energon galvatron have a great look would be awesome to have him with better articulation

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I personally wouldn’t call BW Megs evil. Evil is too overused and watered down of a word. I’d call Megs ambitious with no restraint. He just happens to be antagonistic towards the altruistic protagonists. I mean, if Primal and his crew weren’t around, Megs wouldn’t have committed any acts of war. It’s their fault things got out of hand!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kazimir

Kazimir Well-Known Member

Murdron....

The disconnect over historic Deception leaders in canon has always bugged me. By some accounts Trannis was a Decepticon leader before Megatron, yet isn't one of the TEN named statues of former Deceptiocon leaders in the Hall of Heroes where Starscream was coronated. By other accounts, Megatron founded the Decepticons, so there could be no leader before him. So...I frequently wonder: Were there 11 Decepticon leaders before Megatron? Were they actual Emperors of Destruction, etc... or were those 11 all just 'warlords' who were only leaders of their personal contingent of loyal troops? If so, was Megatron their peer, or commander, or did he come about later after those 11 were destroyed or usurped? Were they leaders before there really was even a Decepticon movement - if you follow the Quintesson origin story, this could be possible seeing how Decepticons were offensive/defense machines and so it follows suit there may have been so-called command units which later became leaders of their battalions, not unlike the vehicon generals in Beast Machines.

This is a toy discussion, so obviously these questions are not on topic. I sort of wish there were official Transformer fiction novels that could take on some of these questions and -once and for all- bring clarity to the Transformers timeline and history. Then again the possible retcons may be worse than the disjointed amalgamation of multiple cartoon/comic/game continuities and origin stories we deal with now.

Still, I want a Trannis figure.

374px-EarlyDecepticonLeader01.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  9. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

Like most transformers fans, you just more thought into this than anyone involved with the Sunbow series

• Like Like x 12
  10. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Beast Wars Megatron's appeal is that he's unmistakably, unabashedly and irredeemably evil.

He destroys anything in his path of conquest. He's willing to use his own people as long as is convenient for him. He doesn't even care about "the cause" like G1 Megatron did. Beast Wars Megatron is a megalomaniac who believes he deserves everything in the universe and is decided to sacrifice everything, except himself, to obtain it and is a joy to watch his journey.

• Like Like x 11
  11. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

It's G1, so there was a lot of disconnect on how the lore was supposed to work. Keep in mind that the guy who wrote Ariel never intended her to be Elita-1, he had no idea she even existed already, and it took the guy who wrote the Female Autobot episode for him to rewrite Ariel to become Elita, due to their similiarities. But that kind of thing wasn't around for every continuity point back then. The origin of the Constructicons is the best example.

At least for me personally, I use all the names of the guys from the Decepticon Hall of Heroes as various different Decepticons from history (which like I've said in other posts, Decepticons predate Megatron for me), but that's about as far as I go for the most part. What exactly they did and how they fit into history ranges from the disgraced revolutionary Murdron, to Nova Prime's officer Bloodron, Nova Prime being Devron, and to Floron, which I use as the true name of The Fallen (I always hated his true name being Megatronus). I ain't touching Rapiron though. Nothing really worthwhile I could get out of that guy's name.

It's just taking names and giving them some identity because I think the names or statue designs are cool, and fitting them into my own cannon. I don't imagine the Decepticon Hall of Heroes existing in my cannon, at least in the form it is in the 86 movie. As for Trannis, I like to think of him as the guy who founded the extremist group that Megatron forcefully took over.

And yes, I really, really want a Trannis figure. He has such a cool design, which I'm pretty sure is modified from a Junkion character model. Make of that what you will.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

Really, I just kinda hate this halfway thing they keep doing with Megatron and the Decepticons, where they try to be subversive and start with making the Decepticons like a sympathetic group of revolutionaries against despotic Autobots, but still have the Decepticons Go Bad and inevitably have it become the status quo of the Decepticons as the villains and the Autobots the good guys. Either completely flip the script and go all the way with the Decepticon revolutionaries be the good guys (in a not-SG-way), or stick with them being outright obvious Bad Guys.

• Like Like x 10
  13. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

I don't really see how that would work, if you make the decepticons the straight up good guys itll probably end up being Shattered Glass lite. Decepticons can be revolutionaries, and they can have valid points about the problems with their society, but that doesn't make them in the right or give them a pass to do terrible things; ends not justifying the means and all that.

• Like Like x 1
  14. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I prefer the idea that the Decepticons are a mix of genuinely bad bots and revolutionaries. I like to think of Megatron as a character who posed as a revolutionary for personal gain but always had the goal of absolute power. So a lot of the Decepticons were following him because of that and slowly became bad people because of their cult like following of him. There are probably a lot of Decepticons who genuinely think they’re good guys, I’d think.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I miss when bad guys could just be bad. Everyone needs a backstory and a reason and it's just exhausting. Forget that nonsense, gimme someone who just wants total destruction, make the lackeys the "misguided" or "nuanced" one or whatever else you wanna call it. Armada Megatron? Evil, full stop. Armada Starscream? Bad but has good reasoning.

• Like Like x 18
  16. Jeddostotle7

I love complex villains, but so often attempts are made to make a story more complex and "mature", and everyone gets all morally complex and gray and whatnot, and that can itself be good sometimes, but often it just gets kinda dull with no contrast. Purely and simply evil characters can easily coexist in worlds with more complex sympathetic characters.

• Like Like x 16
  17. maloney4playz

maloney4playz tfp enjoyer, waspinator appreciator

i kinda want a series where megatron and optimus share no connection other than they're the leaders of two warring factions

• Like Like x 7
  18. Jeddostotle7

The Unicron Trilogy basically did that, where they just happened to be the guys who led those factions.

• Like Like x 6
  19. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think a lot of times people confuse complex with sympathetic, too. Like a character can have a complex, deep backstory while still being evil. You don’t have to root for a character just because they’re more complex.

• Like Like x 15
  20. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Animated as well, I think RiD and even the original G1 before all the expanded media like IDW. Megatron was well into his bullshit before Optimus was even a person, really. I think 2007 really cemented the idea of them having a history

• Like Like x 6