Post WFC-trilogy Generations Toylines Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by B-Fox, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

I live in a pretty rural area. Kickback would get stuffed in a locker by some of these guys. :) 

The whole slate of reveals grew on me yesterday except Kickback. He was the clear fav on Pulsecon, but I'm not sure if either the official pics don't do him justice (which makes me wonder about the photoaccuracy of the figs I've come around to) or the Pulsecon debut did him TOO much justice. Hopefully, it's just a bad official pic.
    For Arcee, I'm not a fan of the head sculpt. Even adding the nose shouldn't have thrown her off this much. The rest of the figure I like, even though the look doesn't completely match Arcee.

• Like Like x 2
  2. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

I think those renders they put out don’t fully capture the essence of the actual figure. Which is why it’s better to see in hand pictures instead.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

Agreed, in almost all cases. A couple of the figures yesterday need the glamour shots! :p 

4. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

Meanwhile, Giant Mutant Grasshopers!:eek: 

• Like Like x 3
  5. Ratchet101

Ratchet101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My only real complaint are arcee’s wheels. I wish they moved behind the legs like they are supposed to. Would just look nicer. The g1 guys are pretty good looking. I wonder when we will see blaster and the core class?

• Like Like x 1
  6. NexMix

NexMix Gives Cybertron too much credit

You mean you can see them retooling deluxe Pointblank, who is basically Armada Blurr backwards, into a voyager Crumplezone, who is basically Bulkhead mixed with Armada Starscream?

7. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Honestly? Arcee is the best deluxe shown off. Her, Bulk, and that Optimus are the only ones I want from W1

• Like Like x 7
  8. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

Honestly, thinking about it after the fact, she went from my least anticipated reveal, to one of the ones I'm most excited for.

Kickback was and still is my number 1 most anticipated from wave 1 though. I am extremely happy with him. Tommy gun could have been a bit bigger, but it's fine.

• Like Like x 4
  9. faciov42

faciov42 Well-Known Member

I honestly feel bad for all the Transformers Prime fans that don't like the new desing of the characters representations. Because come on let's be honest, literally the entire WFC trilogy was interpretations of the G1 characters and Beast Wars, but now that is the turn for another continuity HasTak decides to give that. But there is also the part of the fandom that liked the new desing and that is great, good for them.

For me, I'm happy with the line so far and deffinetly picking Laser Optimus Prime when is available and I'm waiting for the reveal of Jhiaxus but keeping my expectatives low for not get dissapointed and the explode while I write an essay about why HasTak is sh*t and it's a sacrillegy how they designed the Prime figures......oh.

10. Taranza

Taranza Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kickback is definitely my favorite as well from the reveals, though the wings and chest kinda worry me abit, hope the wings aren’t connected to the arm joint and that if they break the entire arm comes off as well

11. Gallade

Gallade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is anyone worried about the new packaging? I like the new packaging artwork and stuff, but the open window on the Deluxe and Voyager boxes, and Leaders with a closed box has me worried. I usually tend to look through the plastic for any paint scratches and/or missing accessories.

• Like Like x 3
  12. gdg104198

gdg104198 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Yup… really digging this first wave.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm still very cautiously optimistic about Override because Hot Rod really could work well for her if they put enough effort into it, and if they weren't planning to put any effort into it beyond a new head, SS86 Blurr would've made way more sense since he bears at least a passing resemblance to her in both modes, so it gives me hope that they might have something good planned.
    Definitely, the abs especially are really similar. I just really hope that when this happens, they retool the bike mode to look Cybertronian so that the alt-mode scaling doesn't bother me.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  14. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 Well-Known Member

Just a risk you have to take. Already like that online. Honestly I wish they went windowless for all size classes.

• Like Like x 7
  15. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I've never had many issues personally. Sure some paint might be ugly but Oh well, it's never been that big a bother to me. Might give me reason to finally get into customizing haha

• Like Like x 2
  16. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Expanding from my early thoughts about the possibility of a T30 Arcee remould, I hope that eventually materializes in a Voyager Class Arcee if they're not able to fit everything in Deluxe budget.

I would honestly be pretty cool with that since MP Arcee is basically a more involved T30 version anyway. I just hope they make a less complex transformation from the MP, keep the ankle, waist and wrist articulation, drop the finger articulation since she really doesn't need it, fix the chest and add a ton of accessories like guns, swords and red visor.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Gallade

Gallade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed though. I would rather stare at the artwork with the box being closed like with Laser Prime.
    I would love to see your customizations if you do eventually get into it. :D 

• Like Like x 3
  18. JazzAlert13

Exactly. I don’t know why but I prefer the artwork to the figure (in box obviously). I also keep boxes so it’s be nice to have some for display. Might keep the Prime box on display (if I can find a shelf for it lol).

• Like Like x 3
  19. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

I don't keep the full boxes anymore, but I do clip out the artwork to hold onto. I'm hoping that one day I'll be able to make a mural out of all of it.

• Like Like x 5
  20. JazzAlert13

Yeah I’m new enough that it hasn’t become a problem. Soon I’ll probably have to be more choosey with which boxes I keep. But I’m definitely going to be keeping the artwork.