Post WFC-trilogy Generations Toylines Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by B-Fox, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

Yep, but I'd say 3 years easy before we see it. Shame, as I love Seaspray and his fellow dork, Cosmos. I had the original G1 toys, the POTP figures, loved both of them. Even loved RTS Seaspray. Really want a WFC version, after Gears, Swerve, and Tailgate.

• Like Like x 8
  2. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Yeah, I saw that to which is kinda disappointing since I was going to use a PRIME Soundwave to potentially take the place of my Movie-verse Mindwipe which I've made one of my unofficial Dead-verse Con's.

I mean why not..? They took a repaint of Skystalker and named it Laserbeak anyway....
    So a more flexible Movie Mindwipe that was more G1-ish would've been great!

ef77b74962d85431d4c90804aec09fa5.jpg =
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    I hope we get a good g1 Ravage at some point and hopefully the core class can help.

4. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Endowed Member

I'm sorry, but I can't agree.

Since its conception Generations, and through extension CHUG, has always had a consistent aesthetic. It would make no sense to deviate from that one single time for one character the way some people want. This has happened with Barricade, Lugnut, every single beast from Kingdom, and more.

Besides, as I've already stated, the "Generations" aesthetic isn't actually slavish G1 either. Kingdom Sideswipe and Sunstreaker have slicker car modes, pretty much everything from Siege was different than G1, Megatron is a tank, etc. Legacy is a continuation of what we've always gotten, which is a new aesthetic close to G1 but not as exact as some people seem to think. Characters 100% screen accurate to Prime flat out don't belong in the line. If they want to do that, they should make a new line. Or better yet, just reissue Prime figures since that's what everyone seems to want anyways. Do you guys really think a Legacy Bulkhead would be that much of an improvement on Prime FE Bulkhead? That figure was as close to screen-accurate as you can get within a voyager price point.

This figure is the ultimate example of Hasbro not being able to please everyone. I would have been against a Bulkhead that was a strong deviation from the rest of my Generations shelf, because that's the only line I collect and I want them to work together aesthetically. Other people want slavish accuracy to the source material. Either way Hasbro loses money from someone.

• Like Like x 7
  5. SonicConvoy05

SonicConvoy05 Well-Known Member

That Seaspray looks pretty good. I imagine we'll get him along with a ton of other stuff in 2024. They gotta save the best for last yknow?

6. Beauman

Beauman Banned

If you're talking about the finer points of design I agree, but - and you have to excuse me for the disgusting noises, because having to agree with whateverwyvern makes me puke - everything has undeniably turned more G1 than ever.
    The mainline cartoon. The movies. Everything.
    The designs of WFC may not always have been strictly G1. But they have been more G1 than Bulkhead is Prime or Animated.

7. BBJazz

It's true that the designs of Generations have historically been close to G1, but at this point it's established. My point is more that they're unlikely to change it now for a few random characters. It's also tough on Bulkhead specifically, since his Prime and Animated incarnations have such different alt modes. This figure is trying to blend his Prime and Animated forms while simultaneously fitting him into the well-established 15-year-strong Generations aesthetic.

If anything, I would understand way more if the Animated fans were upset because of this departure. That's where Bulkhead actually originates anyways. Most Animated fans just seem to be happy to see him though.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Beauman

Beauman Banned

Maybe Hasbro wanted to try too much to please both Animated and Prime Bulkhead fans.
    Animated Bulkhead is a very distinct rotund futuristic design.
    But this release does seem to be specifically intended to be the Prime character.

9. BBJazz

Yeah it says "Prime Universe", but I feel like the alt mode is much closer to Animated than it is to Prime. But then the finer details on the bot mode seem closer to Prime. It's an amalgamation.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Honestly, the alt mode reminds me more of AOE Hound than any incarnation of Bulkhead. But, yes, no matter how you look at it this Bulkhead is an amalgamation of different designs. It really reminds me of the stuff we were getting pre-WFC that sometimes would take cues from different eras when updating a character's design.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    IIRC it was already 'confirmed' by a leaker - I think @wreckgar39 - a while ago that the upcoming Voyager Soundwave would be a repackaged Netflix one, hence the 'packaging refresh'.

Elbows would be nice.

I'd like one that actually looks like Ravage and not a small bear that ATE Ravage.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Given that the listing now shows S Soundwave PR it's more likely it's the Siege mold and not the Netflix one

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Oh dear. That's unfortunate. :S

• Like Like x 5
  14. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lockdown (Animated, but I'd be alright with a bit of AOE influence as long as he keeps the muscle car alt mode), Lugnut, Animated Cybertronian-mode Megatron, Beast Machines Vehicons, Slipstream, Drift, and Windblade (I know those last 2 are technically part of the G1 universe but new toys of them would probably be tweaked a bit to fit in with the aesthetic). All of them as new molds though, Slipstream is the only one that would work very well as a repaint/remold of any existing figures. If they could give us a new toy/Stormbringer-inspired Jetfire as 'Alternate Universe Jetfire' or something, that too. I wonder if a remold of Armada Starscream would work for him? (Or Maverick of course, but Starscream would be less similar to the Macross design and therefore probably safer in terms of copyright.)
    If only...
    So Jhiaxus is an all-new mold then? Any ideas who he could potentially be retooled into later on?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Touma Callum

Touma Callum Well-Known Member

Seeing how we are getting Cosmos next year, wouldn't shock me if Seaspray is booked for 2023/2024.

After Cosmos and Wheeile next year, we are just missing

Gears (Got remove from Kingdom)
    Groove
    Brawn
    Outback
    Windchanger
    Tailgate
    Beachcomber
    Powerglide
    Seaspray

• Like Like x 5
  16. KickCounterkick

KickCounterkick Where's Legacy Ricochet at? Poor guy needs a break

We don't know the full contents of Wave 4 of Legacy, could see Gears being put in there

• Like Like x 1
  17. Optimus1138

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd be really surprised if that turns out to be the case, but if they're keeping that version of Soundwave in circulation it'd give me a tiny bit of hope that maybe they'll retool it into an IDW Spotlight-inspired Blaster at some point if the Kingdom/Legacy/whatever-it-is one sells well.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Wouldn't really surprise me considering the Netflix one was an exclusive and technically a package refresh should also contain the micromasters since they were 1 single release. Also, if not the Siege mold, why preface it with an S.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, since we only know about Breakdown from Deluxe Wave 4 it's entirely possible one of these guys got put in there.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Optimus1138

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Could be a typo just like the listings labeling it as Prime? And I doubt the exclusivity would apply if they change the packaging, and especially if he's not packaged with both cassettes. But yeah, then it wouldn't technically be a package refresh so who knows.