Post WFC-trilogy Generations Toylines Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by B-Fox, Apr 24, 2020.

1. LunarStrike

LunarStrike Let's Get Dangerous!

And that's the bottom line...…CAUSE STONE COLD SAID SO!

• Like Like x 1
  2. darqen

darqen Well-Known Member

Octane definitely needs a voyager-leader if just for the extra tooling to get a decent two forms.

• Like Like x 7
  3. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

Would have liked the BM Maximals' designs more if the faces didn't provoke uncanny valley vibes. Some even looked like they had plastic surgery, but that's probably the fault of the CGI at the time. Plus trying to balance the "techno" and "organic" of the techno-organic look. They were trying something new so of course it would be either a hit or a miss. For me it was miss, but if people liked the designs that's okay.

Personally I prefer the S1 BW forms and the Fuzors, but that's because I love mythology, they were on ancient Earth, and mythology/folklore is full of talking shape shifting animals. I like the Fuzors because mythology is also full of mix and match critters.

This doesn't mean I dislike the Transmetals though. Would have loved to see TM Waspinator in the show. Dude looks like a Kamen Rider. I just prefer the S1 Forms more for the previously stated reasons.

Plus some mythology speaks of monstrous animals that have metal like hides.

"The sixth labour was to defeat the Stymphalian birds, man-eating birds with beaks made of bronze and sharp metallic feathers they could launch at their victims"

• Like Like x 1
  4. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

I hope we get a new Megatron to go with g2 prime, the selects version looks alright but I new or remold would be nice

5. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So, then... I must ask. If you had to choose, which version would you prefer? TR or Legacy Blitzwing? And yes, your opinion is valued and valid, so we definitely want to hear. Me, personally, I kind of like the TR version a lot. I don't care that he's a Headmaster. The Legacy one will have to do everything the TR version does and keep the head intact to win me over. If it feels like a step-down, I don't know that I'll race right out and grab a Legacy Blitzwing.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster - Former Leaker

Ebay:
    See this is probably why Hasbro do what they do, they know we'll eat it up :) 

Regarding @darqen's point - having seen the new Blitzwing, I feel he's more a sideways move compared to the TR version, similar to how Kingdom Rhinox/Waspinator are to their T30 versions. As opposed to the significant upgrade Siege/ER Astrotrain was compared to his TR version.

If Octane was made at leader class without significant improvements on the TR mold it just seems like a waste of a leader class slot to me personally....

He doesn't appear to be, but I wouldn't put it past the engineering team at Takara Tomy.

• Like Like x 17
  7. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

But he wouldn't be a headmaster, that makes it worth the price increase because it's more accurate right?

• Like Like x 4
  8. DarkRed401

the idea of him being like a sidegrade sounds disappointing if there demanding a leader price

• Like Like x 1
  9. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster - Former Leaker

Ebay:
    This is partly why I feel the way I do.

But he does have some additional weapon pieces that can be used to make 'Hulk hands' in bot mode, and add some bulk and menace to his Tank mode. They can also be added to his jet engines as 'boosters' of some kind but it's a bit of a stretch tbh.

• Like Like x 21
  10. Metroplex[IH]

Metroplex[IH] Well-Known Member

Maybe they're for space travel, so he can keep up with Astrotrain on those all important energon runs between Cybertron & Earth!

• Like Like x 11
  11. DarkRed401

Ultimately it'll still probably be the best blitzwing given that the lack of ankle tilts was one of my biggest issues with the tr figure as well as the sticker details. The Hulk hands sound interesting but I'll probably just leave them in the box, wish they would've went with blast effects

• Like Like x 5
  12. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You say that in blue text, but your heart says it in black.

Or is that my heart?

Whatever....either way....YAY! No Headmaster gimmick!!

• Like Like x 5
  13. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @Apollux As far as Motormaster's block proto... would that have happened to include his combiner mode?

14. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ha ha for real. I didn't actually start collecting until after TR, & while Octane is one of my big character gets, once WFC started up & I saw Astrotrain was being done, I figured I would be patient and wait. No way people were going to let them get away with just one triplechanger ha ha.

If he is redone at leader, I hope that budget goes more to engineering, & less to parts forming/giant weapons. I feel that of the 3 Decepticon triplechangers, he really needs that more, as his transformation between alt modes to me always seemed to be trickier to pull off.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Honestly, I find Astrotrain and the upcoming Blitzwing to both be a waste of a Leader slot anyway, so Hasbro may as well make it three for three so I can at least get them all on my shelf finally. :lol 

• Like Like x 5
  16. SecretWyvern

Nah, it's just the parasite stuck to your pancreas saying that. Don't listen to it, blasted thing will tell you MP-44 is worth the $450-500 price tag if you give it the time of day.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, don't buy it then? Problem solved. Frankly, I prefer not to have a headmaster gimmick on him. I didn't collect much of Titans Return for that very reason. If you're fine with the previous version, like I said, don't bother with it.

• Like Like x 5
  18. FlyingKato

FlyingKato Well-Known Member

We arguing about toys we’ve not even seen yet, boys? Peak TFW 2005 dot com.

• Like Like x 10
  19. SecretWyvern

I'm making a joke because he said it was a more lateral update with Blitzwing, but sold at the leader price, and was responding to his comments that he felt that Octane at the leader price without decent improvements would be a waste of a slot.
    Didn't find the joke funny? Don't respond, it's not like it was hurting anyone. Problem solved.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Sorry, since blue text only denotes sarcasm, I thought you were one of those assholes that liked to spout about how "something like that is a wasted slot" and "it should be something you think is more important or deserving".