Post WFC-trilogy Generations Toylines Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by B-Fox, Apr 24, 2020.

1. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

News Credits:
    Oh duh her name is Rust Dust not Dust-Up lol (I've been calling her that in my last few posts about Victorion. I'm not the most familiar with them to be honest). But my solution was making her a deluxe Groove repaint/retool, and making it so that the extra limb bot can form a "gun" like the Seacons. Sorta retroactively making Victorion the Autobot counterpart to the Seacons.

But looking at the Gen Selects Seacons, that "gun" mode would be a mangled alt mode with a gun on the end, using the combiner port as a grip. Which would be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    They all have rust in their names, they're from the sea of rust

3. ArkinDotWav

ArkinDotWav Self Proclaimed Star Saber Backer #555

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's why I confused the two. Having two characters with "Dust" in their names on the same team, and combine that with me not being as interested in them as I am the Megatronia counterparts, it's an easy mistake to make.

4. darqen

darqen Well-Known Member

Glad to hear. That's what disappointed me the most about generations skids

• Like Like x 1
  5. Transform4Christ

Transform4Christ Well-Known Member

We also need G1 Buzzsaw.

• Like Like x 3
  6. darqen

darqen Well-Known Member

Surely an earth mode Hound has to come, he's the only one left and every other car had an earth mode update.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have you seen Arcee yet, if so what's the situation with her wheels, where will they bee in bot mode?

8. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    I don't see how, if they were to have all 6 members again, that they wouldn't just do a core class Rust Dust.

9. Autobot N

Autobot N Wants a Legacy Sunstorm

It's only Dust Up and Rust Dust that are like that, the rest are rust and dust free

• Like Like x 1
  10. KibblerGrrrl

KibblerGrrrl Zealous mini-cassettes & fembots evangelist

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't at all mind aa retool of Motormaster into a semi tractor trailer Pyra Magna. If they kept the option for a new Rust Dust to become the chest piece of a redone Victorian, that Rust Dust might be a decent mold to retool into a Flamewar that becomes the chestplate of Megatronia.

• Like Like x 2
  11. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
    hell yeah!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Nice. Looking forward to seeing Skids during Legacy's reveal. Honestly, I thought Kingdom was bad for my wallet this year, but Legacy is looking even worse based on the characters being done and the good word of mouth from you! :lol 

Honestly, I agree with BlackHawkOmega. If they do decide to give Victorion all six members it's very likely that they'd just make Rust Dust a Core and keep the way she combined with the team. Though, honestly, I think it's more likely that they just ignore her. That's assuming they ever bother to update Victorion in the first place. I'm personally not so sure how likely she would be to get an update anytime soon... though I guess once both Menasor and Defensor are made they've got all the molds to retool her from. Maybe she'll be a Gen Selects release.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Autobot N

That was my line of thinking. All of her members are possible between Menasor and the potential Defensor, so it wouldn't be a stretch to think Hasbro might do a Selects Victorion redeco

• Like Like x 6
  14. mtkinley

mtkinley Well-Known Member

Assuming that Menasor and Defensor have compatible combiner parts, of course

• Like Like x 1
  15. Autobot N

I don’t see why they wouldn’t be

• Like Like x 2
  16. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I think some people have speculated that if Menasor is based on his Sunbow design (which seems very likely given Hasbro's current trend with G1 figures) then the Stunticons won't have traditional combiner ports. Since the Sunbow design basically just has the rest of the Stunticons slapped onto Menasor's arms and legs there's been speculation that the majority of the trailer will turn into a Menasor skeletal structure and then the Stunticons will be latched onto the limbs. If that's the case it's possible that he may not have combiner ports similar to what we saw in Combiner Wars. Though, I suppose that would be easy enough to rectify when they go through the process of retooling the two cars into Dust Up and Jumpstream since they'd have to give them new heads and chests at the very least anyway.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  17. WreckerImpactor

WreckerImpactor Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind dropping the scramble city aspect of the combiners if it means better looking and more accurate figures. For those that do want the Scramble city they can still buy the CW releases

• Like Like x 12
  18. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I have to agree with that. I would be fine with the limbs only being designed for the position they were in on the show since this would most likely lead to not only more accurate and less compromised figures but also more stability in combined mode.

• Like Like x 8
  19. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
    Tbh I don’t even care about accuracy I just want good figures. I think the main problem with the cw limbs was they had to be Robots, Alt modes, legs and arms and it led to a lot of compromises.

• Like Like x 11
  20. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Indeed. Cutting one of those four modes would likely help a lot. My biggest hope is that it would fix the stability issues many of the CW Combiners have.

• Like Like x 3